[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what you guys think of arctic monkeys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
what you guys think of arctic monkeys
>>
>>61028667
Probably the best plebian pop-rock band. I really like them and I don't feel bad about liking their first 3 albums in the slightest. Other two are guilty pleasures.
>>
>>61028667
Some of their songs are really fun.
But i could never sit through an album; closest would be FWN and they went downhill after that.
>>
I hated AM and was incredibly hyped for it
its insane how many times I'll get asked if i listen to arctic monkeys and then i'll light up but people always just play shit off AM.
>>
theyre shit
>>
>>61028702
What does pop rock even mean?
All rock that isnt prog or post rock is pop.
>>
>>61028667
Pretty good

AM was kinda weak at points but the rest of their stuff has been pretty top notch

Probably one of the best mainstream bands in awhile
>>
Some of the best songs are on the singles packages, cant stand the 2 latest albums, love humbug, long hair era was the best desu
>>
>>61028737
This, it's hard listening to an hour of Alex's nonstop whimsical ramblings.
>>
rentboy nabbed me chips
>>
>>61028667
chronologically

7/10
8/10
7/10
5/10
4/10
>>
>>61028667

i want to have sex with alex turner

also humbug is a 9/10
>>
>>61030407

7.5/10
8/10
9/10
4/10
6.5/10
>>
>>61028958
Obviously written for billboard hits. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's more obvious than some other bands.
>>
>>61030407
>>61030445
WPSIATWIN
>7.5/10
FWN
>8/10
Humbug
>9/10
SIAS
>6/10
AM
>3/10
>>
>>61030445
>>61030498
I never got what's so great about Humbug
>>
>>61030585
It's the Spiderland of pop rock
Unmatched masterpiece, on the level of OK Computer
>>
>>61030585
great desert rock and their most ambitious by far

the influence of Homme served them really well in this era too but it sorta helped with their demise on AM
>>
>tfw AM killed them

i'm looking forward to their next album, where they literally murder Brian Eno and Josh Homme in the studio for 40 minutes
>>
>Whatever People Say I Am ...
3/5
Had many, many unpolished, one-dimensional sounding songs on it, but also the most youthful appeal.

>Favorite Worst Nightmare
4/5
Arctic Monkeys at their best: they lost nothing of their primal inspiration yet, but broadened their sound and honed their songwriting a bit. Also, KILLER closer.

>Humbug
3/5
I never really loved it. I can understand what they are doing on a technical level, but it fails to connect - all those muh experimentation QOTSA guitar walls dont suit a band that became famous for not trying to reinvent the wheel. Here, they are trying reaaaly hard.

>Suck It And See
2/5
A low for the band they never recovered from. Lazy songwriting, sonic uncertainity; marrying tryhardness with idealessness.

>A.M.
2.5/5
A band that managed to compensate their flaws early on with raw speed and temperament goes slow and calculated. The results are obvious. What saves this record from being a disaster are some decent radio singles.
>>
>>61028667
insecure Britain, the first 3 were great and if they stuck with the sound as opposed to the audience they could've done great things. I will never get over the stupid elvis/homme accent Alex tries to achieve
Another band that fucked up caged the elephant. 2nd album was wonderful then they dove into the hip realm with the last album and now that the guy from black keys is producing the latest one I can see them getting big success, but it truly won't be anything redeeming
>>
>>61028667
D-A-N-GER-OUS A-NIMA-L
>>
>>61030820

>giving humbug less than a 4 or a 9

you did listen to it more than once right
>>
File: 1440960987883.jpg (87 KB, 842x786) Image search: [Google]
1440960987883.jpg
87 KB, 842x786
>>61028753
i feel you senpai
>>
>>61030900
tfw human sadness
>>
>>61028667
AM is a shit album but besides that they have great music.
>>
They get shit on because AM was poppy and meh, but their first four albums are pretty incredible, best big-name rock band there is.

Humbug is probably one of my favorite all time albums, it was the peak of Alex's lyricism, and they incorporated the garage and psychedelic influences into their sound really amazingly on that record.
>>
File: 1449133604481.gif (2 MB, 257x297) Image search: [Google]
1449133604481.gif
2 MB, 257x297
Early = Good
Later = Bad
>>
Their first two albums are fun but they dropped off after that. AM was a huge disappointment.
>>
Humbug > FWN > WPSIATWIN > Suck It And See >>>>>> AM
>>
suck it and see is their best imo
>>
>>61033228
Please be a meme
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.