[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LMFAO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
LMFAO
>>
Alright is a really good song and I think it deserves a spot in the top 10
>>
Most of the people complaining haven't heard half of the Top10.
>>
Is there Future in top 10? God, I hope there's Future in top 10.
>>
>>61027728
>>61027738
I really love TPAB, but Alright isn't even in the top 3 best songs on the album. Pitchfork only picked it because it was used in protests this year.
>>
>>61027763
Young Thug but not Future
>>
>>61027770
It still a really good song. I think only Wesley's Theory is better from TPAB.
>>
>>61027770
Nah Alright is one of the best songs on the album.
best rhythm
best flow
best progression

it's OK to like poppier stuff, man.
>>
>>61027783
>>61027785
Even better than Blacker the Berry?
>>
>>61027800
yeah man that track only has the lyrics and outro going for it
>>61027770
btw they didn't ONLY pick it for that reason
>It has soundtracked a movement. That's largely due to its holistic sentiment as a siren against innumerable injustices, but it has just as much to do with the fact that it's a great hook on a ferociously catchy song, produced by Sounwave and Pharrell Williams, with marching band propulsion and a jazz band's breezy reeds.
>>
lol

Is Missy Elliott still relevant in this decade?
>>
>>61027701
Shit my respect for pitchfork just went down the drain.

Adele, Grimes, Jamie XX, Kendrick, Drake and Rihanna

I mean shit
>>
>>61027856
The Weekend, MIGUEL

how can anyone respect this list
>>
>As all great street rappers do, Future walks the line between hero and villain, and the divide is typically defined by a listener's willingness to fully engage with his work. From a distance, he's an artist who glorifies Xanax binges, but if you let his music engulf your spirit you'll realize that it's about how there's no glory to be found in a Xanax binge because the world is a horrible place and only pain is real. (Fig. 1.) Usually his tales are in the sound itself—he raps in brutalist nursery rhymes that reveal meaning through repetition and over beats that derive their power from the amount of pressure they put on your chest—but "March Madness" is the one track in his recent output that explicitly connects his struggle to the struggles of the world around him. "All these cops shooting niggas—tragic" is an incomplete thought, like basically every phrase to fall out of Future's mouth this year, but it might just provide a tangible enough source of trauma through which literal-minded listeners can recognize his more abstract cries for help. —Andrew Nosnitsky
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-14-06-15-05.png (401 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-14-06-15-05.png
401 KB, 1440x2560
>>61027801
M8, even people didn't rate alright in the top 5 best songs on TPAB. Pitchrork are just contrarians. Pic very related
>>
>>61027856
>>61027870
>pop music is bad waahhh

You're generalizing with those listed artists.

Grimes, Jamies, Kendrick, Weeknd = good
Adele, Drake, Rihanna, Miguel = bad
>>
>>61027919
>besteveralbums
who gives any bit of a fuck?
>>
>>61027994
Why u mad
>>
>>61027961
I can see how someone would like Kendrick. I like the jazzier songs in the album because they're unique. Not King Kunta, though.
Grimes is banking on the fame of more complex, more "based" female pop icons such as Bjork and St. Vincent while her music doesn't pack nearly the same content.

It's music Lady Gaga would compose except made for the "indie" crowd.

Jamies and Weeknd haven't stood out to me at all. I didn't listen to them and I can't give my opinion
>>
>>61027896
I wish I could get paid for writing bullshit like this
>>
>>61028155
But could you really write that good?
>>
>>61028046
He's probably some kuck who thinks Alright is good because a bunch of niggers yelled it in the streets
>>
Is the OH U MAD HUH song on the list?
>>
>>61028178
*pretentiously.

I don't know, I'm not white or "ironically into things", so I can't channel pretentiousness in quite the way hipster white people do
>>
>>61028233
True dat
>>
>Three Kendrick Lamar
>No Lucette Stranded On The Island
>No Beautiful Blue Sky

Pitchfork c'mon. Though I do think Feel You is a wonderfully composed pop song, Lucette has much more depth.
>>
>hotline bling at number two
> rihanna
>that fucking awful and juvenile Alessia cara song being mentioned at all

This list is shit. Every blurb reads like the author is celebrating the idea of the song rather than the actual aesthetic merit, hence alright at number 1
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 584x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 584x1023
Yeah, but what's meme of the year?
>>
I swear to god they stated that The Word Lisa by TWIABP was one of the best indie songs ever written, yet the only song on this list worth a fucking damn is Dimed Out, lol
>>
>>61027961
Drake = good.
Weeknd = average
Kendrick = bad
Grimes, Jamie, Miguel = good
Rihanna = bad.
>>
File: 1426965953268.png (239 KB, 383x348) Image search: [Google]
1426965953268.png
239 KB, 383x348
nah
>>
>>61028565
they made a mistake, they grouped rap seperately from memes
>>
where can i go to find actual indie reviews now that pitchfork is shamelessly promoting boring top 40
>>
But, seriously. Kendrick is a good artist. But you don't need hate Drake to like him. Drake doesnt even keep dissing Kendrick no more.
>>
>>61027896
damn. i guess if the agenda is clear enough, you can bullshit yourself into believing anything
>>
Pitchfork LITERALLY converted me into being a huge hip hop listener/fan. It was first MBDTF and Sir Lucious Left Foot that I liked a lot, 5 years ago. Then with the releases of Watch the Throne, LiveLoveA$AP, Take Care, Black Up, The Money Store, House of Balloons, channel ORANGE, XXX, R.A.P Music, Yeezus, Nothing Was the Same, Old, My Name is My Name, iLoveMakonnen, Honest, etc I fully converted to listening to hip hop only.

Before I used to be an mucore/indie/rymcore guy: MBV, Natural Snow Buildings, American Football, Michael Pisaro, etc. Now some of my favorite artists are Migos, Young Thug, Rick Ross, Fetty Wap, Chief Keef, etc. And I can't stop listening to any of them nor I am capable to listen to anything else. All that indie/avant-teen crap sounds boring as shit to me, it's not catchy, there aren't any bangers, it just sounds pointless to me. Hip hop is the pinnacle of music in my ears, and I am sincerely grateful to Pitchfork for this.
>>
>>61028465
>that fucking awful and juvenile Alessia cara song being mentioned at all

i didn't hate it that much but it surprises me that p4k keeps pushing her... i mean, alongside rihanna, future, drake etc she's a bit kidz bop, isn't she like 15 or something?
>>
>>61028565

Why is metal separate from the rest of the music?
>>
>>61028833

>Pitchfork LITERALLY converted me into being a huge hip hop listener/fan.

You hip hop/r&b is the coolest thing right now ($$$$). You're white, i know.
>>
>>61028836

How are they pushing her? They panned her debut album and EP. The only thing they're pushing is her lead single.
>>
>>61028866
Race has nothing to do with it, you pathetic low test beta manlet cück virgin manchild.
>>
>>61027770
but le black lives matter
>>
>>61028902
they panned her in a nice way tho, like "ugh fucking roc nation shoulda given her more time to develop as an artist" etc
>>
>>61028717
Tinymixtapes and the quietus
>>
>>61028833
Lol please let this be new pasta
>>
File: i got nothing.jpg (170 KB, 824x689) Image search: [Google]
i got nothing.jpg
170 KB, 824x689
A Y Y
Y
Y
>>
>>61028613
this guy gets it
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.