[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What headphones would you /m/utants recommend? I need new ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ATH_M50x_2_sq.jpg (2 MB, 1960x2898) Image search: [Google]
ATH_M50x_2_sq.jpg
2 MB, 1960x2898
What headphones would you /m/utants recommend? I need new ones for the holidays, and
I'm not listening to some nigger music, mostly classical and folk.
Split between Sennheiser HD598s, and Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's.

Pic related, the ATH-M50x's
>>
>>61017741
>inb4 Sennshills
>>
M50x's or Sony MDRV6/MDR-7506's.
>>
>>61017741
Sennheisers if you want to get /comfy/. they do leak sound though so if you have thin walls and listen loud then it might be annoying to any housemates.
>>61017757
>Audio-Techniggers
>>
ath m40x are more flat than the m50s imo
>>
If it helps (and I should kick myself for not saying this already), I've got a budget of ~$175 max, and I'm not planning on taking them outside.
I've been classically trained in music for the last 14 years, so yes, I do care about the /m/inutiae.
>>
Both are great. The 598s are wonderful and very crisp. They leak and have weak bass. M50x are also good. Much better bass and closed ear so no leakage.

I switch between both on the regular as I'm still trying to decide which I like better.
>>
>>61018152
Thanks for the insight. Nice to know, since my playlists deviate occasionally into more techno shit.
>>
What are the best headphones for $100 or less?
>>
>>61018267
http://classicalmusicheadphones.audio/5-best-headphones-under-100/
>>
File: 615n39xbt+L._SL1200_.jpg (100 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
615n39xbt+L._SL1200_.jpg
100 KB, 1200x1200
grado sr125e if you want to be truly patrician
>>
>>61018328
those look uncomfy as fuck
>>
>>61018359
ear pads are easily replaceable and quality focus is on (really) nice drivers.
>>
I have a pair of Beyerdynamic's Custom One Pros and have no complaints. Fully rebuild-able, customize-able, and you have bass response control built in.
>>
>>61017741
I'm using the M50x's right now. Haven't really owned any other high quality headphones but what I can say is that the build qualiity of these is fucking fantastic. The hinges and sliders work just as well as the day I bought them.
>>
>>61017741
If you mostly listen to classical and folk then hd598s 100%, if you want closed headphones go for the m40, much better for those genres than m50
>>
OP again, never had open back headphones. Are they really better than closed ones of a similar build? How much of a difference is there?
>>
>>61018618
sound stage is going to be more open and more natural. if you want the best sound, open back headphones will consistently deliver.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.