[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's going to be the vaporwave of 2016 guys? What post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (27 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27 KB, 512x288
What's going to be the vaporwave of 2016 guys?
What post ironic sub genre should I be producing so I can be a prominent figure in the culture by virtue of being one of the first 5 people to release music in said genre? Momentary internet fame is calling me, I can feel it
>>
it's all gonna be about dreamscape and hyperpop
>>
hyperrealist pop

everyone will try to emulate top 40 as best as possible
ironically of course
>>
>>61012628
hannah diamond, qt and basically everyone associated pc music beat you to it, friend.
>>
>>61012675
they're not that close
>>
>>61012675
*associated with
>>
Emptywave

Every album and song in the genre will have extremely long titles, and they contain nothing but absolute silence
>>
vaporwave but with semi-ironic nickleback and 311 samples
look forward to "rocktimism" where p4k kids start waxing poetic about the artistry of 90s fratboy music
>>
>>61012745
John Cage beat you to it
>>
>>61012759
>what is hypergrunge
>>
>what will the vaporwave of 2016 be?
still vaporwave buddy.
>>
hawaiive

http://nightpool-neon.bandcamp.com/album/store-escapist
>>
>>61012968
I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF 4' 33" JOKES

THEY AREN'T FUNNY

YOU AREN'T A LE MUSIC NERD IF YOU KNOW ABOUT 4' 33"

YOU ARE NOT A COMEDIAN

STOP

TALKING

ABOUT

FOUR

THIRTY

THREE

FUCK
>>
>>61012487
>so I can be a prominent figure in the culture
Internet memes aren't real culture
>>
>>61013571
chill fucker
>>
>>61013571
holy shit, calm down buddy
>>
>>61012997
actually not that

opn has his own definition of it and it's some crazy conceptual bullshit that has nothing to do with cheesy samples
>>
Not a meme genre but Krautpop will be a thing and I will make it happen. Like Tago Mago meets Abba.
>>
>>61013803
Deradoorian
>>
>>61013743
check out Kaoss Edge mate
G.o.D. was post-hypergrunge, Kaoss Edge is hypergrunge and fits what you're talking about
>>
probably should jump on the pc music bandwagon if i was you
but beat them at their own game. since the major con with them is a lack of music really.
if you can start shitting out sophie tier shit. you can take over
>>
>>61013852
If this meets my criteria I will suck your dick so hard it'll rip off and I'll serve it at my next BBQ
>>
>>61012487
post-avant-jazzcore
i.e taking samples of fusion and free jazz, looping them a lot, reverbing them, and then adding ambient synth pads
progressive dream funk
originating from neo-soul, it's soul singers buried underneath dream-like/spacey funk beats that incorporate house and ambient
lowercase pop
ambient pop mixed with noise but so ambient to the point that the singer doesn't even sing much, just make short "ahs" and "oohs" as the hook and says single words as an entire verse
free pop
pop music that doesn't have any set lyrics but is sung to a glitchy synth and has no catchy hooks but has various hooks that are sung similarly, but are far different in meaning and words
>>
Grunge-hop

All you assholes who were laughing at this pioneering record are gonna feel real stupid a year from now.
>>
Have you guys try to do vaporwave ?
> here have my 1st attempt, a bit shitty but still "funny" (i hope)
>https://clyp.it/iyfi11pm
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.