[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>making my way through XTC's discography, really enjoying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: skylarking.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
skylarking.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>making my way through XTC's discography, really enjoying it
>get to Skylarking, really excited because everyone says it is their masterpiece
>it fucking sucks
Well that was annoying.
>>
>>61008444
hi Marcel
>>
>>61008444
fag
>>
>>61008444
Perfect trips wasted on poor bait
>>
>>61008444
sup marcel
>>
>>61008461
>>61008471
he's just a Marcel-drone guys, meaning that he literally repeat an opinion of Marcel's. ignore him.
>>
>>61008444
Listening to their first four albums, Black Sea was the only good one. Would I like Skylarking?
>>
>>61008572
Do you love Pet Sounds? Do you want to hear XTC make a Pet Sounds-worship album? If the answer to either of those questions is no then steer clear.
>>
>>61008619
>Pet Sounds-worship album

Just because it has strings it doesn't make it a Pet Sounds album, it's way too euphoric and upbeat. It's the middle point between The Kinks and The Beatles.
>>
>>61008619
Oh, then I will probably just steer clear. Thanks.
>>
This is the only XTC I've heard and while I really liked the melodies and songwriting I thought the tinny 80s production was actually so nauseating it ruined the album. I can't ever remember thinking this about anything before so it must've been bad

Are they all like that?
>>
File: XTC_English_Settlement.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
XTC_English_Settlement.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>61008572
>>61009011
Both of you need to go and listen to English Settlement instead of this horseshit.
>>
File: 81s4mqX1HhL._SL1420_.jpg (262 KB, 1420x1420) Image search: [Google]
81s4mqX1HhL._SL1420_.jpg
262 KB, 1420x1420
>>61009011
Try the 'corrected polarity' version of the album. Long story, original version sounded tiny indeed, now this one is how it was intended to sound.
>>
>>61008444
>>61009383

Black Sea is better than both of these albums.

>>61008572
Nigga if you didn't like Drums & Wires something is wrong with you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.