[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ How do i get my girlfriend to listen to non-pleb tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Hey /mu/

How do i get my girlfriend to listen to non-pleb tier music? Currently, she only listens "pop-punk" and other generic entry level emo garbage. I tried to show her some varied core essentials of tons of other genres I enjoy, but she hates everything that isn't what she already likes. What can I suggest to her to ease her into other genres? Is this even possible?
>>
>>61007534
>she hates everything that isn't what she already likes.
Lost cause t b h
>>
>>61007534
American Football maybe?

then slowly introduce her to slowcore lol
>>
Why the quotation marks? And what do you mean "generic entry level emo garbage"? So, like what? Snowing? Or are you using "emo" wrong, like a pleb?

Sounds like someone else is the handmaiden and not the feudal lord in this relationship.
>>
>>61007534

stop trying to force your tastes onto her. either she has a genuine interest in music or she does not. no amount of work you put into this will make her "more like you".

(you fucking faggot)
>>
tf is a pop punk familia
>>
>>61007697
I'm not, just trying to find some common ground music we can enjoy together
>>
Well if you really want to "get your girlfriend to listen to non-pleb" music, stop giving a fuck, play her some shit from time to time and let her slowly get to whatever she likes. It took me 5 years to get my best friend from hard rock fodder to popol vuh and iron monkey, but only because for those 5 years i wasnt a "YOU GOTTA LISTEN TO THIS OR YOU DONT HAVE TASTE" dick
>>
>>61007669
Tried this before, she wasn't into it
>>
I took my gf to see of Montreal and she loved em. We typically listen to Father John Misty, Alt J, a couple An Co songs, deerhunter, and of Montreal when we're together
>>
>>61007763
>I took my gf to see of Montreal and she loved em. We typically listen to Father John Misty, Alt J, a couple An Co songs, deerhunter, and of Montreal when we're together
>>61007763
Oh and we've also tripped on 4-aco-DMT and Mescaline together a few times
>>
>>61007534
Accept her tastes or your relationship won't last much longer.
>>
>>61007534
>tfw mine liked punk and rock music
>tfw she also enjoys my glitch and synthwave
>>
>>61007534
>How do i get my girlfriend to listen to non-pleb tier music?
you won't. My bf listens to just videogame OSTs, and "music that won't distract me from my current activity", despite efforts to show him nicer stuff. It's better to just work with it rather than try to introduce anything different/better.
>>
>>61007733

Try letting her play her music half the time, boom.
>>
>>61008150
We listen to what she wants 90% of the time and I usually deal with it but the second I put in something she changes it and tells me it sucks
>>
>>61009157
maybe do activities that are not music related
also, >>>/adv/
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.