[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Olivia Tremor Control/E6 General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
Haven't seen one in a long time now.
>favorite e6 band?
>top 5 e6 albums (hardmode-no ITAOTS)
>Black Foliage or Dusk?
>Thoughts on Circulatory System?
>Will or Bill?
>The Same Place when?
my top 5 in no order are:
Circulatory System- Mosaics Within Mosaics
Music Tapes- Mary's Voice
OTC- Black Foliage
Nana Grizol- Love it Love it
of Montreal- Skeletal Lamping

have fun. love u guys.
>>
>>60990881
Do you think the Bill's stuff will be in a new OTC or CU album
>>
>>60990881
ladybug transistor?
>>
>>60990929
Meant to type CS btw
>>
>Circulatory System - st
>OTC - Black Foliage
>The Gerbils - The Battle for Electricty
>Major Organ and the Adding Machine
>NMH - Ferris Wheel onfire

Is OTC releasing something on 2016? Mosaics Within Mosaics was god tier, so Im having high hopes
>>
File: oliviatc.png (580 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
oliviatc.png
580 KB, 500x599
>>60990929
>>60991022
It will most likely be on The Same Place. no word on any release date yet.
Mosaics is one of my favorite albums of all time. I asked on the e6 FB group about The Same Place and Will Hart's wife has said that it is coming, slowly but surely.
It was supposed to be released right after Mosaics but was apparently too difficult emotionally to work on after Bill's death. Although he did finish recording all of his vocal parts.
I hope Will releases more himself. He's a beautiful person and it's sad about him being sick. Can't play guitar on stage anymore and such.
>>
File: jj.jpg (36 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
36 KB, 500x373
bump.
>>
File: colour squares.jpg (34 KB, 477x447) Image search: [Google]
colour squares.jpg
34 KB, 477x447
pic related is probably my favorite e6 output, besides Circulatory System's s/t or Major Organ.

>>60991296
probably a tired question, but is there any actual evidence to suggest that it's going to be called 'same place', or even exist for that matter? The song Same Place was released as a single in 2007 by CS, I'm beginning to suspect that the community is blowing this out of proportion.
>>
>>60991875
They have been talking about it on FB and P4K for quite some time now. That and I asked Julian Koster after seeing him again after a NMH concert, and he said that they're working on it.
>>
File: The Frosted Ambassador.jpg (416 KB, 591x600) Image search: [Google]
The Frosted Ambassador.jpg
416 KB, 591x600
>>60991914
thanks, somehow doubt OTC will be released in 2016 though, and even if it does, it probably won't sound anything like the first two.
>>
>>60992079
who cares, from cubist castle to foliage there was also a big difference in sound. bill doss and will hart have literally never put something bad out
>>
>>60992079
The song The Same Place has been leaked for a long time now, and it sounds exactly like old OTC. Maybe will more of Will's influence, of course
>>
>>60991296
>sick
Oh, what's wrong with him?
>>
My Top 5
>Of Montreal - The Gay Parade
>OTC - Black Foliage
>Beulah - When Your Heartstrings Break
>NMH - On Avery Island
>Apples in Stereo - Tone Soul Evolution

If I included ITAOTS, it would go below Black Foliage.
>>
>>60993401
He has MS.
>>
is CS as good as OTC lads i havent listened
>>
>>60995074
Personally I think it's better. But it really depends on taste. Will Harts music is more experimental and texture based while Bills is very pop influenced. The combination worked incredibly well for OTC.
I find sunshine fix (bills solo work) pretty lame compared to wills
CS is mostly made up of people who were in OTC anyways so the sound is very similar.
>>
>>60995591
nice i'll have to give it a spin
>>
>>60990881
I don't mind asking, but I was trying to find the mega for Mosaics Within Mosaics and all of them led to a 404. Also there are literally no torrents with seeds with this fucking album.

I want to hear it in good quality.
>>
>>60990881
Top 5 (no particular order)
>Black Foliage
>Major Organ and the Adding Machine
>Good People
>Sunlandic Twins
>On Avery Island
Honorable mention to Tone Soul Evolution. I don't see enough Apples itt.
Also, hype for new Elf Power.
>>
>favorite e6 band?
Neutral Milk and OTC
>top 5 e6 albums (hardmode-no ITAOTS)
Black Foliage, The 2nd Gerbils album, first apples in stereo, major organ and the adding machine, ferris wheel
>Black Foliage or Dusk?
Black Foliage
>Thoughts on Circulatory System?
good stuff, but not many albums
>Will or Bill?
Bill
>The Same Place when?
Soon
>>
>>60995865
i upped it a while ago but it got taken down recently sorry mang.
>>60996692
I used to dig Apples a lot more than I do now for some reason. New Magnetic Wonder GOAT Apples in Stereo. Wasn't a fan of the new album.
>>60996873
good choices man. much respect
>>
>>60992126
Not a single Sunshine Fix album is good start to finish.
>>
>>60997531
Can you upload it once more? I got my torrent stuck at 35% for the last 5 hours and I want to listen to it.
>>
>>60997610
sorry man I got an email about it im too paranoid to even log into mega anymore
>>
>>60997638
Maybe ask someone else to upload it for you?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.