[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the Julia Holter album that's been getting all the praise.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Julia_Holter.jpg (92 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Julia_Holter.jpg
92 KB, 900x900
So the Julia Holter album that's been getting all the praise. I can't seem to like it at all; it's pretty, but it's kind of boring. Am I just not getting this album or does anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>60985431
take some codeine
>>
It was pretty good but not AOTY material. Thought her past releases were far more interesting.
>>
The lyrics are actually very well written, take a closer listen. Then pair the meanings with the overall sound and flow of the album. Personally, I was on the brink of tears towards the end.
>>
It's a brilliant release
>>
>>60985603
>The lyrics are actually very well written, take a closer listen

Ahahaha muh lyrics

That will do it, that'll make the album 10/10
>>
>>60985431
It's riding off of its predecessor's well-deserved praise. It was not as sonically good as that one, but still a respectable effort - less whimsy in the writing, more vulnerable, personal material.
>>
>>60985431
it hasnt been getting much praise. pretty much universally regarded as a step down from her previous quiality of work
>>
>>60985431
How many times have you listened? It's a grower.

>>60985701
This isn't true.
>>
>>60985431
Not much going on with the music.
It's no surprise she wants somebody else in her wilderness, since there's nothing interesting in it anymore.
>>
her worst album by far, 6/10 at best

Tragedy and LCS are absolute masterpieces though
>>
File: e0207515_2403357.jpg (115 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
e0207515_2403357.jpg
115 KB, 500x496
what is some other "black & white photo of artist on white background with black text"-core?
>>
>>60985831
that wasn't clever at all
>>
>>60986246
it would get at least five favorites on rym guaranteed
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.