[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is tpab ironic?Kendrick is laughing at the blacks right?Ive read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: neg.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
neg.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
Is tpab ironic?Kendrick is laughing at the blacks right?Ive read some of the lyrics and either he is mocking them(strange how people praise the album so much) or either he is the most ignorant person
>>
>>60985039
i think he is aware of a lot of ignorance that is propagated by portions of hip-hop culture, and i think that's the part he makes fun of.
>>
>>60985101
But i never see someone talk about this.Everyone praises him like he is the next hiphop messiah, the best lyricist ever and he even won award for best album cover(gj sjw cks).
>>
>>60985039
Not to be a Carlos, but it's pretty obvious that the whole situation he raps about isn't all that black and white, OP.
>>
>>60985039
he's laughing at everyone not just blacks and whites
>>
I think it's overrated. Why, I'm not entirely sure.

The thing that bothers me most is that Kendrick seems to have palmed off most of the actual musical writing to Kamasi. I could be wrong, but that's what I got from the "make it sound purple" comment.
>>
hahha kill yourself
>the blacks
>blacks are bad and if dis nigger isn't mocking them he's an ignorant idiot

This album actually has a lot of subtlety that idiots like you can't grasp at all, even after reading the fucking lyrics.
>>
>>60985235
Kendrick is not the first conscious rapper...he's just the most prominent one of this era. Critics always bring up that he's different from Future, Thugger, etc.

The thing is that both forms have different values. One isn't good only because it claims drugs and money are bad, and one isn't bad just because it claims drugs and money are good.

if kendrick does have any fault in his lyrics though, it's being condescending or preachy. I kind of think he avoids it more on this album than on GKMC though.
>>
>>6098542
Sorry that im not enough educated as you!What subreddits should i visit to become educated?Oh and excuse me for my mistake of calling black people ignorant! *tip*
>>
>>60985577
Woops meant for>>60985422
>>
>>60985039
He's sure laughing at the whites, for listening to his DMX, Lenny Kravitz mashup album.
>>
The speaker of the album embodies the dualism of the black condition, at once drawn to a the mindless ignorant fun of stereotypical black culture and also disgusted by the stereotype and longing to escape it.

Kendrick satirizes black nihilistic culture, the stereotype of black culture, and also US culture as a whole.

It's a commentary, a mirror. It's meant to challenge you and make you think about uncomfortable stuff.
>>
>>60985676
And yet he co-stars in music videos with Taylor Swift and headlines advertising campaigns with Reebok.

Seems disingenuous.
>>
>>60985716
When you want to make an actual impact you need money. He's already started giving charity in Compton.
>>
>>60985577
You're teetering on the edge of /pol/ my cousin. Better slow down before you wreck yourself.
>>
>>60985235
That's nothing new. "Some other guy" made this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kyWDhB_QeI
..and evolved into the final form of cpt Save-a-Ho and selling plain t-shirts for over 100 buckaroos not half a decade later.
It's the soft bigotry of low expectations. They are not expected to make much sense what so ever, but still hailed as some kind of philosophical wizards.
>>
>>60985764
But i just want to be as smart and educated as you!
>>
[X] Nuke this thread.
>>
>>60986281
you first
>>
>>60985383
>I think it's overrated. Why, I'm not entirely sure.
great argument
>>60985676
best comment i've seen on here about this album
>>
>>60985383
>I think it's overrated. Why, I'm not entirely sure.
I mean, I think it's a bit overrated but hahaha, this is /mu/.txt
>>
>>60985750
>you need to sell out to help others
Its actually because really helping people is hard and noone wants to do that
>He's already started giving charity in Compton
throwing money wont help when its all about the mentality and culture
>>
>>60986483
>Its actually because really helping people is hard and noone wants to do that
What's the blueprint?

>throwing money wont help when its all about the mentality and culture
Well he's doing his best (and pretty effectively) to curb that too. Would you not say he's doing the best he could?
>>
>>60986221
I suggest going to college
>>
>>60986534
But where i live colleges are full of nazis and bigot shitlords
>>
You absolute dickhead, you don't get the point, don't you ? It goes way too far above your manlet's head, way beyond your memes reach, right ?

I'm not even insulting you. I'm actually trying to make you understand what Jeff Mangum and Thom Yorke and Sufjan have a hard time teaching you : you are the ultimate pleb, you are way too concerned about what other people think about you.

Guess what ? I don't have to justify myself about music because it should be fucking ILLEGAL to hold such a trivial opinion. Kendrick is literaly, L I T E R A L Y the point of music.

Do you understand that I'm trying to show you that your memes are embodying your plebness ?

This could all have been different. You and I could have been friends, talking about the merits of hip-hop, but no, NO, you just HAD to shit all the way down Kendrick's masterworks because you can't handle music with social consciousness.

Guess what moron, Jesus Christ HIMSELF would have listened to Kendrick if he could.
>>
>>60985039
>the blacks

You sound like a fucking 80 year old fuck off
>>
>>60987202
Can you stop
>>
>>60990339
It's a gay pasta.
>>
>>60987202
NEW COPYPASTA
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.