[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is vinyl a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nwfjw0BVwW1tsgoaxo1_500.jpg (90 KB, 456x596) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwfjw0BVwW1tsgoaxo1_500.jpg
90 KB, 456x596
I wanted to start a vinyl collection for years now but I'm a poorfag.

Yes I know vinyl isn't for my kind but I wasn't fortunate enough to be some suburban white kid with parents buying Crosleys with arcade fire so I want to get started at least.

Have collected about 1k for starters. Is it worth actually starting at this point or just meme?
>>
>>60973976
I cringed
>>
>>60973976
desu senpai if you've given it this much thought then it's a meme
>>
>>60973976
yeah go for it, some of those vinyl box sets are pretty nice. i have mint green giles corey coming any time now
>>
Put most of it into your turntable and audio
Spend the remaining half on your favorites and get a few expensive things you wouldn't normally get on a budget, ie picture discs Rsd shit (legit fuck record store for fucking exclusives over), box sets.

Hip hop, grunge and new/ synth wave/ pop rock sound the best on vinyl imp.
>>
Yes it's a meme, go to the record store and use theirs demo table if you want to try out this meme
>>
Its not a meme, but it is currently a fad.

Wait a couple more years, it will either
1. become less popular and prices will go back down to sane levels
2. production will go up to equal demand and prices will go back to at least moderate levels.
3. some combination of the two

I'm looking at option 3, but expecting it to take maybe 5 years or so for it to taper off. Its a niche market, but ffs the average price was like 13 bucks for a new record, 18 for a special edition not even 3 years ago, not it seems everything is hitting the shelf at 24 and going up from there.

op if you do decide to take the plunge >>60974315 invest that way, but buy a bunch of used shit first, wait until prices on new go down some.
>>
I only buy anime soundtracks on vinyl because they have cool cover art. I don't even have a player.
>>
>>60974622
normally I'd tell you to kill yourself

but this time I won't

you're welcome anon
>>
>>60974622

It's not that uncommon to find people who buy records and doesn't have anywhere to play them.

Such a waste of units to be t b h
>>
Yes and no. The fidelity is, objectively, inferior to CDs and FLAC. But they do have a "warmer" sound because of the way they're played (needle going over a record produces that peculiar low end oddity that gives it it's warmth).
And a vinyl does look insanely more bitching than a jewel case.
So try out a vinyl record at a friend's house and see if it's for you, but don't blow 1k on it "just to see"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.