[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate Dave Matthews Band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: dmblive.jpg (972 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
dmblive.jpg
972 KB, 1280x768
Why does /mu/ hate Dave Matthews Band?
>>
they're fucking lame
>>
>>60973085
because the vast majority of /mu/ didn't give birth to a child in a cold new york winter
>>
>>60973111
Ironically, most of /mu/ was probably conceived when Crash was released.
>>
File: I LOVE YOU JEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (59 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
I LOVE YOU JEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
59 KB, 500x437
>>60973103
And pic related isn't?
>>
mom rock
>>
>>60973262
Neutral Milk Hotel aren't trying to be cool, that's why they are. Jeff Mangum is one of the most honest songwriters of all time. Dave Matthew band tries really hard to be cool and that's why it fails.
>>
>>60973085
it's something you probably start listening too if you wanna date milfs from okcupid i guess
>>
They're really not that bad.
Drummer is the best thing about them tho
>>
>>60973262
this shoulda gotten more replies desu it was perfectly set up
>>
i dont.

i had an older cousin that was into them that died when i was eight, so in middle school i got into them and remember enjoying pic related a lot also the radio city music hall album with tim reynolds. i think in high school i kind of blocked them out of my mind once i got into "real" "better" music, but i guess its one of those things like phish where most of the hate comes from the culture and audience surrounding the music vs the songs themselves. pretty inoffensive, and maybe that's obnoxious alone to some, but there's some nice acoustic 90s goodness,

posting a song i havent thought of in a miiiinnunte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GLdx2sq3vA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Q8DvujeCY
>>
>>60973417
what?
they just happened to be incredible musicians that make songs. just because you aren't emo doesn't mean youre trying to be cool.
>>
>>60973085
the only way you will truly understand this pain is if you went to college in new england in the 90's, or if you've ever been to a DMB show. you need to witness DMB fans firsthand to understand why they are hated
>>
File: 0005563398_10.jpg (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0005563398_10.jpg
105 KB, 640x480
>>60974069
actually to be cool you do have to be emo
>>
amazing drummer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faMpaadauiI
>>
File: Carter-Purple.jpg (71 KB, 721x404) Image search: [Google]
Carter-Purple.jpg
71 KB, 721x404
>>60974229
yeah he's good but i always thought his kit was way too fucking big, like what do you even need to use all those tiny cymbals or drums for? it seems like a really showoffy cock rock thing to have a huge drum kit
>>
>>60974290
if you were a touring drummer for nearly every day of the past 20 years, you'd probably get tired of the same 3 cymbals too, right?
>>
File: Gcbq2Ql.gif (2 MB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Gcbq2Ql.gif
2 MB, 600x450
>le normie music only
>>
carter beauford is possibly the greatest living/performing drummer in a pop or rock band, by which i mean he definitely and assuredly is.

/mu/ doesn;t understand songwriting because almost no one here actually makes music. personally, i grew out of the guys long ago. but i will laugh at anyone who doesn't think dave is a unique, singular, and (at least back in the day) talented songwriter.
they get a bad rap, yeah. but as a live band? killer. dave's songwriting? usually tight as fuck, with, admittedly, many exceptions.
/mu/ won't like anything that twitter/p4k/tumblr culture tells them is "lmao so lame." musicianship and songwriting don't even factor in. you have to realize this and make your own taste for yourself.
>>
It's their obnoxious fans.
>>
Jam bands are garbage.
>>
>>60973149
I was gonna say, nothing gets the girls wet like Dave does.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.