[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of this? I've listened to it in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Garden_of_Delete.jpg (21 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Garden_of_Delete.jpg
21 KB, 560x560
What did you guys think of this?

I've listened to it in it's entirely about once but listening again.

One of my gripes was that some of the tracks seemed way too short and "random" and tracks like 'SDFK' cut off too abruptly.

Was 'ECCOJAMC1' even needed? Would have been a good track if that one melody looped 4 times was used to make a fleshed out song.

'Sticky Drama' was a huge favourite of mine and I wanted to see more of that full on/prominent vocal melody useage. You get bits of that technique but not as strong as that track.

I really appreciate OPN and how is trying to be inventive, creative and somewhat forward thinking.

it's an album with a few different sonic directions, so of course I'm gonna like some a lot more than others.
Crazy scattering synth stabs can only be interesting for so long.

I wish the tracks flowed into each other better. That would have been great.
>>
I love it. I love how he flawlessly layers melody into all the chaos. I think the interludes are fine though and SDFK flows into Mutant Standard well.
>>
OP here, forgot to mention I'm female.
>>
>>60971011
idk I wasn't really into it. It was too heavy imo.
>>
>>60971151
Hey, what's up? Any fun plans this friday?
>>
>>60971011
its shit and hes literally reddit
>>
>>60971011
I dig it a lot, probably personal aoty. So many subtleties in the compositions and production, and it's a beast live.

>>60971190
lol nice try desu
>>
I've never been much into OPN, but I'd listened to his popular releases and checked out Commissions II when it came out. I didn't like it much but I listened to GoD anyways and it blew me the fuck away. Probably had my standards low, but I'd say it's truly great (3 listens).
>>
>>60971259
you are clearly very intelligent
>>
I find myself zoning out every time I listen to it, by the time Mutant Standard is over I just want to listen to something else even though the music itself isn't bad.
I don't know what it is.
>>
too catchy for hardcore fans, too weird/agressive for casuals
personally, i thought it was great, so many great tunes
>>
>>60971151
Hey, haha, you haven't replied yet. Probably missed my reply in all of these shitposts. Doing anything cool tonight?
>>
>>60971451
There isnt much to hold onto because sounds keep scattering and changing

Maybe thats why

not always a constant rhythm or anything
>>
>>60971151
S T O K E - O N - T R E N T
T
O
K
E
-
O
N
-
T
R
E
N
T
>>
>>60971140
those drums couldhave built up to something better though in my opinion
I kinda get what you mean, but it was still like guillotine chop cut off for me with the drums
>>
>>60971585
Yeah, I find it obnoxious. I like genres like noise and power electronics but this was grating to me the same way that nightcore is. Shame, I was excited for this release.
>>
File: 1402254867307.jpg (451 KB, 499x504) Image search: [Google]
1402254867307.jpg
451 KB, 499x504
>>60971011
>damn vocal samples
>>
>>60971151
Hey, you still here??
>>
also
>that chord progression n noo good
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.