[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So where did it go wrong for Green Day? I personally think it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
So where did it go wrong for Green Day?

I personally think it was pic related, Kerplunk, Dookie and Nimrod were golden, Warning was when it began to slip.
>>
>>60969177
lmao it's one of their best, all Greenday fans are plebs so most don't realize.
>>
>>60969177
American idiot came after warning...

But American idiot > Dookie >1,039 > kerplunk > nimrod > insomniac >21st > warning >dos > uno > tre
>>
>>60969327
>1,039 & Kerplunk & Nimrod > Insomniac

nigga what
>>
>>60969381

I like how Green Day experimented with different tones in Nimrod, King For A Day and Time Of Your Life were really refreshing.
>>
>>60969407
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, Nimrod is pretty great, but I think Insomniac is better overall.
>>
>>60969381
U wanna fite bout it nigga
>>
American Idiot is their greatest work. they went wrong with that poppy tripple album that i didnt even listen to
>>
>>60969807
The aren't that bad, the songs are ok, it's just that they sound like a mix between The Replacements and Buzzcocks without the attitude.
>>
>>60969934
Which isn't bad if you're in the mood for it, it just lacked substance. 21st century was a mess as well
>>
Is American Idiot the logical conclusion to pop punk?
>>
>>60970291
Mayb
>>
File: Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace.jpg (3 MB, 2988x2980) Image search: [Google]
Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace.jpg
3 MB, 2988x2980
>>60970291
"no"
>>
>>60970328
But most fans consider that their worst album.
I don't, I think it has some amazing tracks, but most do.
>>
File: ntJEe.jpg (81 KB, 467x467) Image search: [Google]
ntJEe.jpg
81 KB, 467x467
American Idiot was a banger mi familia, trying to redo it with 21st was a problem.
>>
>>60969934
They*
>>60970095
Uno! is full of catchy song/singles-material and i find it decent, i only have a problem with the other two.
>>
>>60970328
The first 4 tracks on that are GOAT, the rest are hit and miss.
>>
>>60969327
>Insomniac that low
patrician ranking coming through

Insomniac > Dookie > 1,039 > Nimrod > American Idiot > Kerplunk! > 21st Century Breakdown > Warning

haven't heard the uno dos tre shits
>>
>>60969177
American Idiot was very good. Dookie was good.

Ofcourse, if you are hipster or a post-teenager you may have a butthurt since your hipster friends won't approve it.
>>
Green Day suck.
Pop Punk sucks.
>>
>>60970950
and guess what, you suck too.
>>
IMO

American Idiot= Insomniac > 1,039 > nimrod = dookie > kerplunk > 21st > trilogy

Haven't heard warning apart from the singles that appeared on superhits
>>
Forgetting those I haven't listened to enough to make a proper assessment:

Dookie > American Idiot > 21st > Nimrod > Warning
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.