[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up with this trend in mainstream pop and shit of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1444073305160.jpg (63 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
1444073305160.jpg
63 KB, 473x480
What's up with this trend in mainstream pop and shit of choirs of people singing "WOAHHH WOOAAH HO HOOO HOO WOOAAHH"
Is it supposed to feel cultural or spiritual or meaningful?
its tacky and I hate it.
>>
>>60964672
This is more important
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUIlRfk6pHY
>>
example?
>>
>>60964771
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnhXHvRoUd0
>>
I think partly because it feels right when done properly. It emotive without being specific, so it has a wider appeal.

M83 for example have used this technique throughout their whole career, they themselves are multi-lingual with fans in many different countries, so perhaps it's a decision to reach as many people as possible without picking a language?

And obviously pop's goal is to try appeal to everyone so maybe they looked at acts with wide success and emulate it or maybe they just coincidentally like how it sounds.
>>
Blame animal collective, they started it
>>
>>60964672
>implying that wordless hooks are a recent trend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrRBe8RG7Lg
>>
>>60964672
It started with 30 seconds to mars I believe.
>they think they're spiritual.
You bet your ass they do.
>>
>>60965048

Rather, stole it from the Beach Boys
>>
>>60964771
I am not sure
I hear these songs at my work all day
They sound like mcdonald commercials
but they are actual songs people enjoy
and I have complained about it
and they all act like i am over reacting
and I say this is brain mooshing music
and im the crazy one
>>
>>60965048
The only thing AnCo brought out to the mainstream was their autism.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.