[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aside from going to shows. how does one meet girls with similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1430186271828.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1430186271828.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
Aside from going to shows. how does one meet girls with similar music tastes?
Or is that the only way?
Any anons could share experiences meeting cool chicks who like cool music that'd be neat.
>>
4chan' music board, /mu/ :)
>>
Tinder

It'll take a while

It's much more likely and satisfying to find an open minded girl and show her good music
>>
purchase band shirts relating to bands or artists you particularly enjoy
wear said band shirts to places of social interaction, bars, clubs, whatever your taste is i dunno
if a hypothetical attractive female is willing to approach you based on said shirt then you've got yourself a conversation starter

note i haven't actually tried this but it probably works
>>
Myspace was good, but I liked/like scene music so it wasn't hard for me. What kind of music would you be excited to find a girl likes? Girls liking mathcore always gave me the excitements, the two times it happened.
>>
>>60956129
Just wear your lucky underpants.
>>
>>60956185
I listen to everything, But I'm looking for a girl who likes pop punk, folk punk, Indy rock, garage rock, blues rock.
Bonus points for The Front Bottoms and Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
>>60956171
Is Tinder manageable for someone who has social anxiety issues ? How do you even go from blind-messaging a bunch of girls to actually dating one ?

(I know, I know, mu - music)
>>
>>60956287
If you put enough time in, eventually you'll find a girl on there who surprises you. And I don't have anxiety or anything, but I imagine it's a lot easier to get motivated to meet a girl if she seems like she has real potential
>>
>>60956129

Keep going to shows
Go to artwalks/galleries
Go to film screenings
Go to vegan cafe bookstores
Go to zinefests (this is a last resort)

or skip all of this and start playing your own vapid music at shows
>>
>>60956422
>vegan cafe bookstores
>vegan
Absolutely fucking not
>>
Twitter.
>>
File: 1440390328955.jpg (72 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1440390328955.jpg
72 KB, 612x612
>>60956434

Bro, you don't have to be vegan to meet a cute girl and discuss whatever you're into over coffee.

No wonder you're single..
>>
>>60956492
I don't live anywhere near a city, and never have, aside from my time in the army.
So forgive me if Vegan cafe bookstore sounds like a virtual hell on earth
>>
>>60956287
As someone with very bad social anxiety, let me tell you that it does work. Met a girl through there, somehow hit it off, and dated her for a few months before I realized how insufferable she was and how garbage her taste in everything was as well.

But that last part isn't the point, that's all on her. It is very possible to get a desireable outcome assuming you don't look like an orc or something.
>>
File: 1449686935043.jpg (25 KB, 365x650) Image search: [Google]
1449686935043.jpg
25 KB, 365x650
>>60956129
There's no way; if you like anything /mu/ likes, the most you can hope to do is run into a slut like pic related. Any female who likes anything remotely /mu/core is likely a very liberal individual who will despise you simply for being a man. Hell, they may not have even been female to begin with: I've met more than one tranny from here.

You might as well either go with pic related, since you might be able to turn her into a patrician, or go with a normie chick who just listens to radio rock, pop, you know. It's not worth going after some /mu/core chick; they're all shitty shut-in frogposters who only think about themselves anyway.
>>
>>60956129
The truth is, you don't. You see-

Standing under the fobbed
Impendent belly of Time
Tell me the truth, I said,
Teach me the way things go.
All the other lads there
Were itching to have a bash,
But I thought wanting unfair:
It and finding out clash.

So he patted my head, booming Boy,
There's no green in your eye:
Sit here and watch the hail
Of occurence clobber life out
To a shape no one sees -
Dare you look at that straight?
Oh thank you, I said, Oh yes please,
And sat down to wait.

Half life is over now,
And I meet full face on dark mornings
The bestial visor, bent in
By the blows of what happened to happen.
What does it prove? Sod all.
In this way I spent youth,
Tracing the trite untransferable
Truss-advertisement, truth.
>>
Going to shows doesn't even work, girls who go to shows are either there because they went with their boyfriend or because they want to bang the lead singer
>>
College/University. There are a lot of plebes but if you know where to look there are usually some patrician qts
>>
>>60958959
Too bad they're all SJWs who hate you just for being a cis male in the first place, by my experience.
>>
Honestly, join a band. You don't have to be good, or even play at paying gigs, but if you do a few shows a month at bars playing covers you'd be surprised how good the average listening taste of people who watch live music is. Even if the taste doesn't line up exactly with yours, it's incredibly nice to meet and talk to people who are genuinely passionate about music in general, and eventually you'll meet plenty of people who enjoy similar stuff.

>>60958946
This is true if you go to major shows, but if you go to a lot of local shows it's completely different
>>
>>60959042
Some are others aren't. I went to a pretty liberal school so there were a lot of those but I felt like there was still plenty of pretty down to earth girls
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.