[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you aren't drinking at parties is it socially acceptable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: ruhroh.png (104 KB, 358x242) Image search: [Google]
ruhroh.png
104 KB, 358x242
If you aren't drinking at parties is it socially acceptable to just get high and enjoy the music until someone talks to you
>>
>normalfag party music
>enjoyable
choose one
>>
Yeah but it isn't acceptable to sit on /mu/ and ask about it
>>
>>60954891
yeah thats cool, i wouldnt judge.
>>
>>60954910
I don't see what you have to gain by closing yourself off to enjoying shallow party music desu.
>>
>>60954891
yeah but only if u do it in the bathroom alone w yr iphone
>>
Sometimes people will just talk to you--it's more common than in any other situation--but I think what you should do is drop yourself into conversations others are having. Not without tact, but like find something to add, use that as a springboard to talk more broadly with others.
>>
>>60954923
>>
>aren't drinking at parties

why?
>>
>>60954923
>>60954929
very good to know
>>60954948
that sounds like an awkward moment waiting to explode

>>60954951
I can do this while drunk but while high I overthink my conversational worth and would rather not have to deal with said anxiety and then wondering why I feel said anxiety around friends
>>
>>60954951
thats good advice, just chime up once in a while.
>>
>>60954973
Fair enough. What's making you choose not to drink though?
>>
do people actually suffer this much socially that they would ask others who suffer socially for advice lol
>>
>>60955339
yes
>>
>>60954932
>closing yourself off to enjoying shallow party music
lol
People actually think others choose not to enjoy shallow music?
>>
>>60955339
where do you think you are
>>
>>60955339
there's always a bigger fish/sperg anon
>>
>>60955339
ya

i've asked /r9k/ for dating advice multiple times m8 ive been desperate
>>
>>60955469
probably the worst place on the internet to ask for dating advice. except /b/, since /r9k/ is at least kissless virgin faggots taking you seriously.
>>
>>60955469
yeah
that wouldn't be the blind leading the blind so much as the blind blinding the visually impaired
>>
>>60955018
Been using it too much as a social crutch lately and my blackouts are becoming way too frequent for comfort. Moderation's never been a strong suit so I kinda have to drop it altogether for a bit.

>>60955469
Man that's even worse than what I'm doing right now go to /adv/ for that shit if anything.
>>
>>60955500
kek
>>
>>60955500
I wish this could be put into banner format
>>
>>60955445
There definitely are, just like there are people who really deeply and genuinely buy into the whole patrician meme
>>
>>60955367
>>60955447
>>60955466
>>60955469
my advice to all of you is to become based, seriously though don't care about minutely frivolous things, visible matter is 5 percent of the universe, there are bigger things to ponder than getting sad over why someone who doesn't accept themselves won't accept you, be kind to people, genuinely, people can see though bulshit, also engage yourself into peoples presence but do not be imposing, learn to gauge social cues that matter, and finally stop thinking with a hard on, you need proper circulation for mental clarity it will benefit you in the social sphere, people love based people, its what people subconsciously crave to be, a based person can anyone from Jesus, to Jack Nicholson, to that jovial homeless in the park, just enjoy life, and everyday above ground (sorry for ending in a cliche buts its damn true)
>>
>>60955856
^homeless guy*
>>
It's not acceptable to go to parties.
>>
>>60955491
[spoiler]it didn't work[/spoiler]

/fit/'s advice was just as bad
>>
>>60955856
wow thanks for that banal life advice anon
>>
>>60955856
i like you

i have a question. and please respond because if u dont i feel like i might just go on /r9k/ for the rest of the night.

i agree with what you say but no matter how hard i try, people do not accept me. i think it is because i am ugly. i can tell by their lack of eye contact, the body language, etc. that people really do not like talking to me. however, i love talking to people and laughing with them but they don't want to do the same, and im 98% it is all because of my face...

what should i do? what if no one besides my mom ever accepts me? how should i live my life then? sorry if this is too much
>>
>>60955856
>>60955929

based is how you feel inside senpai

positive thinking is key
>>
>>60955955
truly invaluable insight
>>
File: 1419296705564.jpg (23 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
1419296705564.jpg
23 KB, 411x411
andy scott urself my man
>>
File: 1420970336105.jpg (19 KB, 263x400) Image search: [Google]
1420970336105.jpg
19 KB, 263x400
>>60955999
dubtrips confirm
>>
>>60955929
lol people like you are meant to be sad because they defy logic or insight, there is nothing in this world that can help you if you are not willing to be conscious
>>
>>60955940
shower, have a nice haircut, take care of your skin and dress nice

it can go a long way as long as you aren't hideous
>>
>>60956043
you're really reaching into my soul right now

I guess this is what it feels like to have the mirror turned on you
>>
>>60955999
this to be honest
>>
>>60955940
my friend, if you're goal is to have a multitude of friends and for every person in the world to like like you, you have forgotten the world you live, this world is ridden with inconsistency and morally discovered people, however if you are just looking for just A friend, someone you can trust, enjoy a conversations with, spend time with, then change your criteria for social achievement and "happiness", there is a friend out there for everybody, EVERYBODY, if people won't engage you just because of looks (which i think is one of society's most toxic concoctions) then it is virtuous that a relationship didn't grow out of those encounters, smile man, there are people who voluntarily remove themselves from society in deeply isolated areas of the world and they experience a joy most of us will ever feel, excitement is not really life it is a part of, the mundane things, the simple things we experience everyday, kissing mom on the cheek, walking outside seeing the sun, that's the bread and butter, you're fine buddy, there are people who are in much more jeopardy than you are, smile
>>
>>60955940
different guy here but if you're eager for some news here it is.

shit's tough being ugly. but there are ways to make yourself less ugly. if you are a genuinely interesting person then you're not hopeless, but the ugliness thing can impede from people discovering that by virtue of their not really wanting to chill with you.

so you have to make yourself presentable. get some swag, not even joking. I dunno where you live and what's fashionable and what's not there, but buy yourself some decent quality clothes (if youre strapped for cash, second hand stores + some creativity is your best friend). what i mean is aestheitcs, and not in the memey way, but people will definitely find you more approachable if you have style.
also a part of this is making your face and head look good; way to do that is find a hairstyle that compliments your face shape, dye it if need be (but not fucking pink or blue or bullshit like that), and do the same with piercings (as in ones that accentuate your best features or diminish your worst ones).

Maybe I'm lucky like this but where I'm from interesting looking people are vastly better off in social situations than generically attractive people

hope this is helpful homie
>>
>>60956137
*disordered
>>
Just blaze it and then smoke cigs outside listening to your own music on your phone.

No one questions why you're outside on your own because you can't smoke inside, and no one questions the music because you're outside away from the music playing in the house, so you're free to just chill the same way you would at home.

Since people around you probably won't give a fuck, the best case scenario is someone bums a smoke off you and chills out to your music.
>>
>>60956158
>go stand alone outside smoking listening to music

no offence but I feel like this is awful advice anon
>>
>>60955639
i think he meant it's not choice - some people (me included) genuinely can't stand listening to pop music.
thing is parties with pop music are normally full of boring normies anyway
>>
>>60956182
I mean it's what I did last time I went to a party, but I had other friends with me who did the same thing and got a good reception from the people around me.
>>
>>60956221
yeah it's totally fine if you do it with other people
>>
>not realistic but displays the hyperbole that is life and the joke that is humanity, "looks matter"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS9-CDcDNZ8
>>
>>60956137
i see. thanks a lot man. kind of makes me wonder what you went through to reach such a stage of enlightenment.

>>60956150
ive thought about that too but didnt know if i was just thinking of silly stuff. gonna go get a haircut this weekend lol. probably time for some new shoes too. thanks

>>60956062
will get right on it. i just thought that people are able to see if you are genuinely good looking or not, despite bad haircut and stuff, and from there, they will decide if they will spend their time with you. ill try working on my appearance.
>>
>>60956250
>looks don't matter when it comes to sexual attraction
>>
>>60956361
>kind of makes me wonder what you went through to reach such a stage of enlightenment.
that is perceptive of you lol being a fuckin clown and having more friends than i could count then realizing that people were only friendly because my presence or humor was sufficient enough for their desired comfort and indulgence, they did not care about the relationship between me and them, started to realize real relationships and was able to differentiate the truth and the contrived, also am a Christian, which basically is my foundation of spiritual strength and optimistic thinking, without it, i'm the merry jester who's actually a closet pessimist ready to implode (or explode who knows lol)
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.