[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Highly recommend this. It'll change your life, if you let it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (516 KB, 1406x1406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
516 KB, 1406x1406
Highly recommend this.

It'll change your life, if you let it.
>>
Nope. Stopped listening after the first four tracks. The Bends was a much better album.
>>
>>60952145
Exit Music killed it for you, huh?
>>
No gracias amigo... my pop backlog already fill up.
>>
>>60952209
>Radiohead is hardly pop
>>
Welcome to the Internet
>>
>>60952207
I love that song. Especially the crescendo at the end.
>>
>>60952207
To be fair, I could totally see why someone wouldn't like Exit Music. Could be seen as melodramatic. Now, bailing on OK Computer after to having listened to Airbag, Paranoid Android, and Subterranean Homesick Alien? That I have trouble grasping.
>>
>>60952121
Poll: Kid A or OK Computer?

I vote for Kid A
>>
>>60952851
Kid A
>>
>Airbag
eh it's okay but really nothing special in the scheme of 90s alt rock
>Paranoid Android
EXPAND_DONG.PNG
>Subterranean
solid, best part is definitely the guitar filters
>Exit Music
eh
>Let Down
Eh
>Karma Police
a really interesting redo of Sexy Sadie but also with the brilliant outro that alone is worth the price of admission
>FOR A MIIIINUTE THERE

>Fitter Happier
the most essential track to understanding the album really. Contextualizes everything really well.

>Electioneering
Muse's career is born. Solid, but only the chorus is really memorable

>Climbing Up the Walls
oh ho ho the synths have finally come out to play and Radiohead is going hard into experimenting with their sounds

>No Surprises
eh

>Lucky
bad

>The Tourist
also bad

6/10
>>
Muse basically ripped off Exit Music for their entire career
>>
>>60952851

If there was somehow an album burning campaign and I could save only one of the two albums, I'd save Kid A.
>>
I just can't get into this (or albums like it) no matter how many times I try. The energy seems so static, so passively moaning in every aspect, that it never engages me. The primary fault is in the vocals - trying so desperately to sound mystifying that they're unintelligible 90% of the time - it makes everything just blur together. I seriously just don't get it.
>>
>>60952934
No Surprises is genius, if for no reason other than the distant "GEEEET MEEEEEE OUT OF HERE"s sung in the latter half of the song.

Lucky is incredibly memorable and a great song and The Tourist is fucking beautiful.

Git yo shit togetha m8
>>
Does /mu/ more or less adhere to RYM when it comes to taste?
>>
>>60952934

>Let Down
>eh

fuckign christ get taste

>fitter happier contextualizes everything

The song ham-handedly elaborates on every theme in the album, no shit.
>>
>>60954292
rym is about 90-95% accurate when it comes to /mu/'s taste
>>
>>60952851
ok computer
i first listened to it when i was 10 so it has a special place in my heart
>>
>>60954372
Let Down is shite
>>
>>60952121
What's the best Radiohead album?

http://strawpoll.me/6234162/
>>
>>60952934
>90s alternative rock

Listen to all the fucking layers you tard. Just the beginning has layered cello and guitar playing a middle eastern riff over swarms of percussion and fucking jingle bells. Not to mention the whole floaty oriental tremolo section leading into the squishy DJ Shadiw drum exit with all the parts coming back in and the distant moans holy fuck holy fuck

Seriously fuck off
>>
>>60954407
Probably the most uplifting song I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Existential Thom is vocalizing an emotional metamorphasis manifested with the overwhelming feeling of freedom one experiences when they find themselves with nothing left to lose. 'Let Down' picks up where Kafka's 'Metamorphosis' protagonist, a grotesque man-turned-insect, is giving up hope in his life's worth and contemplating whether society would be better off if he were dead. The insect creature, in great despair, eventually decides to die alone in his room. 'Let Down' is so inspiring because Yorke doesn't give up hope; he has faith he will endure the insect stage and the crushing societal torment it brings; one day he is going to develop into a butterfly and be free. Existence precedes essence. Thom isn't looking for anyone's pity as it only ends up drivel. It's useless anyways because he has to do it for himself -- he must break through the artificial identity society has defined for him which he knows will inevitably crumble. He must develop his authentic identity from within so that he may have something of substance to bounce back up off of after his fake world breaks down. Only when his existence is authentic to himself can he have freedom. These are some of the fundamental concepts of existential philosophy.
>>
>>60954502
Why are you replying to obvious b8?

Anyway, I think we can all agree:
OK Computer > Kid A > Hail to the Thief > In Rainbows > The King of Limbs > Amnesiac > The Bends > No one cares about this one.
>>
>>60954221
Read the lyrics at least, if you don't understand what he's talking about.

I don't understand how this album could be considered mushy since there are so any stark contrasts between the songs and they all have tons of lyrical and sonic layers.

I mean, a political rock anthem next to a droning electric dirge next to a fucking lullaby about bringing down the government? That all mushed together?
>>
>>60954544
>Hail to the Thief over In Rainbows
>King of Limbs over Amnesiac
funny meme
>>
>>60954605
>opinion
>meme
pick one
>>
>>60954667
I PICK MEME
>>
>>60954544
>I think we can all agree about the ranking of 8 albums in an artist's varied discography, when there are 8!=40320 possible ways you could order it.
>nessSayingOK.wav
>>
>It'll change your life, if you let it.
realistically, the same could be said of literally anything ever
not much of a point in the album's favour
>>
>>60954667

umm, I'm going to have to go with meme on this one
>>
>>60954697
OK Computer is actually good, though
>>
>>60954683
Really everyone knows it's 7!, because Pablo Honey is always last. So only 5040 ways.
>>
>>60952121

>He's still in his radiohead phase

Don't worry, you'll outgrow it
>>
>>60954746
I already did, still think OK Computer is GOAT
>>
>>60954746
>He doesn't listen to In Rainbows on a daily basis
What's wrong with you lad
>>
>>60952235
people actually believe this
>>
It's seriously not funny to pretend to love Radiohead anymore.

Especially since most of you hipsters act like you hate mainstream bands yet you idolize one of the biggest pop-rock bands of the last 12 years.

Not to mention their pseudo-experimentalism is childish at best and generally pretentious and awful.
It's no better than Coldplay or Three Days Grace.

Every 15 year old's first pseudo-intellectual favourite band is Radiohead. Sadly, they're not talented and Thom's voice is awful and generally they're boring and plebeian.

Enjoy your Babby's first experimental-pop-rock band, kiddies. The adults will be over there away from this awful unfunny memeband.

Radiohead is a joke, you daft cunt, and so are you.
>>
>>60955048
copypasta, everyone move along
>>
>>60954795

You're still a pleb but at least you named their best album
>>
>>60952934
I basically think the album is perfect through Fitter Happier, then sort of hits a wall. Electioneering is very out of place in my opinion, just the heavy blues riff doesn't feel like the whole spacey digital tone of the album. After that, I'm not saying the songs are bad, but the album's lost all it's momentum, and none of them really bring it back.
>>
File: reallytho.gif (2 MB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
reallytho.gif
2 MB, 500x391
>>60955403
>2015
>Thinking Fitter Happier hits a wall

u wot?
>>
>>60955450
he meant Electioneering is the actual "wall" doofus
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.