[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like Songs Ohia? What's your favorite album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Songs Ohia.jpg (315 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Songs Ohia.jpg
315 KB, 550x550
Does /mu/ like Songs Ohia?

What's your favorite album?
>>
BUT NO ONE MAKES IT OUT
>>
>>60950973
But if no one makes it out. How come you're talking to one right now? For once almost was good enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkB6PKYWl9s

Such a good song. You listen to any other albums? Electric Magnolia Co is a good entry point.The Lioness might be a good album to try next.
>>
Someone recced me The Lioness in a chart thread ages and ages ago
I listened to it and enjoyed it and listened a few more times and then just completely forgot it existed
I really did like that album though, I might go back to it
>>
>>60951361
You should definitely. The Electric Magnolia Co might be a little more accessible since it was produced by Steve Albini. Definitely one of the best things to come out of Ohio. Jason Molina died way too young.
>>
>>60951443
OMG I LOVE SONGS: OHIA

I got the collected singles box @ record store day, I love like everything I've listened to of his (The Lioness, Magnolia, Didn't It Rain, Ghost Tropic)
Even his live shows are awesome! (there are a ton available for free @ the internet archive)
What's your favorite album?
>>
Magnolia Electric Co is one of my favorite albums but I haven't heard any of Molina's other stuff, any reccs?
>>
>>60951838
I'd say try Didn't it Rain or The Lioness. Jason's sound was really dynamic between release to release, so it's hard to say what you'll like. Don't think you can go wrong though.

>>60951620
Nice pick up. I need to get some more physical releases. Only own the Magnolia Electric Co double LP. The Lioness is probably my favorite album though.
>>
>>60950728
You've got it.
>>60951838
the rest of their albums are almost entirely slowcore/folk instead of the alt country stuff that this one does.
>>
Blue factory flame is my favorite song of all time
>>
Didn't It Rain and MEC are near masterpieces. If you like Didn't It Rain, Ghost Tropic is very good and then The Lioness is just under that. If you like MEC, then go the other direction and listen to the later albums, it's a bit more spotty but still some very good songs on them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.