[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pleb roommates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 15
File: 1415293684381.png (518 KB, 605x605) Image search: [Google]
1415293684381.png
518 KB, 605x605
90% of the time my roommate is listening to Kendrick Lamar or Schoolboy Q and plays it over his shitty bluetooth speaker. The "alternative" music he listens to mostly includes Foo Fighters and post-grunge crap like Seether or Breaking Benjamin.

Does /mu/ have to deal with pleb friends and their whiteboi memerap?
>>
>>60943414
my roommate use me as the music guy, so no
>>
>>60943414
I had this with my collage roommate last year. He was annoying in general so I bought a good pair of headphones, and found the best spots to chill in the library.
>>
>>60943414
Just plug in your headphones and stop whining.
>>
File: 1439614638882.jpg (65 KB, 519x519) Image search: [Google]
1439614638882.jpg
65 KB, 519x519
The store I work at plays music straight from the radio, so sometimes we just aux cable our own shit through the stereo. They let me make a playlist so I compiled some decent guitar music which was a mix of Lenny Breau, Wes Montgomery, Dick Dale, Jaco, along with some classic rock and indie shit to play it safe. I got complained at because my playlist "didn't have enough music with words in it" and was told "Not everyone likes guitar music you know..."
>they put it back on the overplayed hits radio station
>all the songs played on there featured guitar
>>
a roommate of mine back in 2013 would exclusively listen to F.U.N.'s we are young, and I mean EXCLUSIVELY

She was a top qt even if she was 208 cm tall though
>>
File: 142435245888.jpg (30 KB, 480x503) Image search: [Google]
142435245888.jpg
30 KB, 480x503
My ex roommate is literally pic related, the left one.
>>
>>60943414
my gf plays christian rock and metalcore
>>
>>60943651
fucking grim m8, I'm glad you survived
>>
yeah my one roommate listens to shitty rap (and freestyles shittily to the beats), shitty edm, shitty metalcore/post-hardcore, etc. all through his awful phone speaker. My other roommate was playing vidya in the living room this morning and he just plopped down beside him, took out his phone and started listening to that awful white guy inspirational rap, over all the dialogue and shit. God he annoys me.
>>
>>60943651
i dont understand this picture. whats going on
>>
>not living in the same room since you were 8 at your parents house
losers
>>
>>60943455
Are you ignoring the fact that it's worse when you can hear it through your headphones?
>>
I couldn't imagine two people who constantly post on mu living together. They would become the embodiment of a meme.
>>
>>60943692
nothing triggers me more than people pulling out their phone and playing stuff straight off their phone's speakers

Once I was in the woods smoking a blunt with a couple friends and one starts playing "cigarette daydreams" from their phone. It was cringe as fuck
>>
my roommate just told me that he likes this new band. they're called 21 pilots
>>
My current roommate likes to blast MGK and G-Eazy and it's really annoying. I have headphones but I have to turn my own music up pretty loud to drown out the garbage.
>>
>>60943808
>he
>>
Thats not that bad. My roommate plays shitty youtube rappers and epic rap battles on our bluetooth speakers. I may not survive another semester.
>>
>>60943808
one time my roommate made me listen to an entire 21 pilots album and i swear to god i nearly offed myself
>>
>>60943735
Especially when we have a pair of perfectly good speakers and an aux cord in easy reach. Whenever he's two feet away from the aux cord and blasting crap on his phone speakers I think "Do you not realize how much less tinny and fuzzy this Pop Goes Punk-tier metalcore cover of Dark Horse would sound if you just reached over a little bit?"
>>
>>60943669
>gf
haha as if
>>
>>60943554
>"Not everyone likes guitar music you know..."
Cringed so hard. That's pure autism.
>>
>>60943924
:(
>>
I live with 6 other people and most of them listen to mainstream pop, edm or hip hop. I constantly hear Adele and Justin Bieber in my flat. But honestly I don't even mind. I'm actually surprised that when I listen to more experimental stuff while doing the dishes and somebody walks in they don't even comment on it. One of my mates actually listens to more decent stuff sometimes like Sigur Ros, funnily though that same dude also deifies Britney Spears.
>>
one of my roommates really only likes power metal and shit like that. he also likes folk, some country and americana, so he's actually pretty cool. like, we've hung out and listened to Townes Van Zandt a lot.

my other roommate is a fucking pleb who loves bro-step, "orchestral dubstep", and shit like breaking benjamin. at least he likes good beats too, otherwise he'd be annoying. we were smoking weed and i wanted to listen to kendrick and he sorta liked it.
>>
Before i met my good friend his ipod library was ripped from the guitar hero playlist and it hadnt been updated until literally this year when he discovered drake's chopped Nothing Was The Same album on datpiff. He also downloaded If Youre Reading This Its Too Late (also chopped not slopped) and a few kanye west tracks
Car rides are hell, i'd rather sit in silence than go through his entire 30 song catalog again and again.

>>60943837
Damn, im sorry.
>>
>implying Kendrick is bad

I feel sorry for you about the rest though. My roommate listens to Hot Topic-core almost exclusively and I refuse to let him play music around me
>>
>>60943414
Not a roommate but I'm around them enough to know an almost equivalent pain
>best friend's gf always has shitty earbuds on
>at some point it comes up in discussion
>"what do you even listen to on them all the time?"
>she unplugs them and and I'm Blue starts blaring through the worst sounding phone speakers I've ever heard (they sounded like they were literally rattling around in the phone's case and simultaneously brickwalling the audio)
>don't ask her to stop because I'm a beta pussboy
>next song comes on
>it's fucking Nickelback
>since then she's seemed to think that it's a good idea to play her music off youtube and pandora through her phone speakers in social settings
>at one point point someone made a joke about how much Nickelback was on her playlists and she spent a solid half hour defending them
It's like I step back to 2004 any time her music taste comes up. At the very least she likes Gorillaz and Radiohead (ie Creep,) so it's only 90% atrocious.
>>
I got 3 roommates, one who listens to pop and pleb indie, one who listens to modern country, and one who exclusively listens to classical and thinks it's the only artful music and that he knows the most about music. It's almost a deal breaker sometimes but I've known them since high school.
>>
this one faggot that lived next to me played his top 40 shit and you could always hear the bass through the wall. I got really ticked off when he had the nerve to to it at 4 am. Usually i'd just blast death grips nldw on my record player
>>
I remember my first university roomate. While moving in, he noticed I'd brought a guitar with me.

>hey anon, you play guitar?
>yeah, not super well though.
>I play guitar too!
>oh cool, what kind of music do you like?
>oh mostly just really heavy metal like metallica and slayer. I don't like modern metal, it's all just fuckin' fags.

Every night he'd proceed to plop his amp right down, plug in his guitar, turn up the distortion and (badly) attempt to play opening riff from Raining Blood over and over.
>>
File: 1401933286551.png (3 KB, 356x376) Image search: [Google]
1401933286551.png
3 KB, 356x376
>be me chilling with coworker after closing
>drinking some beers, getting kinda drunk
>he's playing LoL so naturally I go on the laptop and start playing music through the speakers
>playing Bjork, death grips (fashion week), LCD soundsystem, some other accessible artists
>he tells me "put on something good"
>he puts on some EDM remix of a Killers song
>mfw
>>
i avoid my roommate and any social contact with him as much as possible so I wouldn't know
>>
one of my roommates and best friends has a foo fighters tattoo and listens to john mayer.

its ok tho because hes the homie and he likes some good p4k-core too, fleet foxes and grimes and sufjan shit, he generally fucks with whatever i play.

one of my other roommates is a massive stone roses fan which is dope. another only listens to drake and j cole, another is spanish and just blasts reggaeton.

we have a good time.
>>
>>60945503
>playing bjork and death grips while chilling

kek
>>
File: 1447040142303.gif (485 KB, 193x135) Image search: [Google]
1447040142303.gif
485 KB, 193x135
>>60945503
>playing music through laptop speakers
>>
>>60943909
Damn, I had a roommate who listened to metalcore covers of top 40 also but I couldn't believe that was a common thing.
>>
File: 1446646035835.png (236 KB, 1080x956) Image search: [Google]
1446646035835.png
236 KB, 1080x956
>>60943581
>even if she was 208 cm tall
>not having your future children to grow up to become gods
>>
>>60943414
My roommate gigs internationally. I am the pleb in this situation.
>>
>>60945721
>via youtube
>>
>>60943581
>not mating with a literal goddess

Son, you're the pleb here.
>>
>>60943835
im not that anon but the only people i know who like 21 pilots are male
>>
>>60945147
>Usually i'd just blast death grips nldw on my record player
kek
>>
>>60948035
most people I know that listen to twenty one pilots are girls aged 12-16
>>
One of my roommates listens to any pop made between 1960 and 1995, especially cheesy hard rock (bon jovi, journey, etc.). And he's pretty lewronggeneration

The other one listens to metalcore but his favorite band is system of a down so it could be worse I guess.
>>
>I Shiggity

Oh god, I remember creating that meme
>>
>>60946756
>>60945911
I did give her the bennio lads, it's one of the weirdest experience of my life
>>
File: 1449739726884.gif (673 KB, 232x139) Image search: [Google]
1449739726884.gif
673 KB, 232x139
>>60945721
it was at work after closing, probs through the store speakers, learn to read and use context clues fucking retard. cute gif though is that your fav show to watch in the morning?
>>
File: Untitled.png (157 KB, 479x309) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
157 KB, 479x309
roommate claimed to be super into music, had his parents buy him gear since high school i could only dream of getting then

> tfw he listened to nothing but reddit-core and indie pop
>>60945025
what is pleb indie? all indie is pleb at this point.
>>
My friend has a roommate who loves CREED! Fuckin' Scott Stapp! And his other favorite song is...Bubble Butt. He always has his shitty music blaring. Not roommates, but I also know TONS of chicks who thing they only listen to "real music" because they like grunge, like Nirvana and STP.
>>
>>60943450
>collage
>>
>>60943414
i have a 25 year old roommate who, when we first met, told me that he was gonna show me music that i should be listening to. the next morning i heard him singing along to all star by smash mouth
>>
>>60943554
>wes montgomery
+1
>>
>>60943808
i really dont understand their appeal. how the hell do they have a cult following
>>
>>60943414
had a roommate that played buttrock and shitty dance music. didn't really give a shit cause he was pretty cool.
>>
>>60943414
both kendrick and school boy q are good tho so fuck up yung nigga. alternative music taste is shit though so if eel you on that
>>
>>60951519
marry him
>>
>>60951519
you made that up you lonely fuck
>>
>>60952151
i made it up slightly. he actually did tell me that he would show me music i should be listening to. i heard him singing along to high school never ends by bowling for soup but it wasnt the next day. i also heard him unironically listening to all star
>>
I'm not a picky person but
>cringy white people motivation rap
>random dubstrep comps "dood listen to that bass!"
>Top 40 country music
>edgy metal or screemo rock with tons of fucks
>a playlist of literally nothing but 90's rap with a little bit of J. Cole or Drake
will all trigger me. I don't give a fuck, even at parties, I will snatch the aux cord away.
>>
this entire thread is fedora as fuck. you should all be ashamed
>>
File: thefuckisthis.jpg (97 KB, 1024x569) Image search: [Google]
thefuckisthis.jpg
97 KB, 1024x569
>>60952466
>TOP 40 COUNTRY MUSICS
one of my friends always puts on country. i hear that one line on repeat.
>>
>>60952473
Who woulda guessed people have opinions on music on a music board, huh? This is some shocking shit right here.
>>
>>60952647
>IT'S ALMOST AS IF...

back to reddit
>>
>>60952734
dude fuck off you dont have any friends you virgin
>>
>>60952734
Nigga you mad as fuck
>>
>>60943840
idk what 21 pilots is but it sounds awful
>>
>>60952759
>>60952914

>le virgin argument
do you know where you are m8. and stop samefagging
>>
>>60952734
Almost as if I take the hinges off and put em in yo hands.
>>
I don't associate with plebs. I played Tokyo Anal Dynamite at a Halloween party and it went over just fine.
>>
>mfw my roommate listens to Butthole Surfers, Seefeel, MBV, Clark and some obscure /bleep/ artists I don't even know of
>mfw my other roommate listens to "folky" remixes of trash like Pumped up Kicks

The price I have to pay for a good roommate
>>
>>60954463
Which is the good one?
>>
>>60954463
>Clark
The price is worth it anon
(especially if his favorite Clark album is Body Riddle)
>>
>>60954546
It's Body Riddle, same as mine

We once held a party full of Reddit-tier hipsters that were getting annoying, so we just put on a mix of Royal Trux and Butthole Surfers and 90% of the party was gone after four songs. Still makes me laugh until now
>>
File: 20140212-DSC_0278_800.jpg (151 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
20140212-DSC_0278_800.jpg
151 KB, 800x531
>>60954226
You can tell a lot about a person by the way they dress.
>>
>>60945503

>Playing that kind of music while just hanging out

Would you drink a $1000 bottle of wine at a house party too?
>>
File: Al.png (194 KB, 457x304) Image search: [Google]
Al.png
194 KB, 457x304
>>60945503
>chilling with coworker
there's your problem you fucking moron
>>
The deepest my roommate has ever gone was listening to a shoegaze playlist on pandora.
Other than that, he typically listens to the same general 30-ish songs over and over, especially when he showers. These songs include:
>Sweet Home Alabama
>That Smash Mouth song in Shrek
>Various pop country songs about drinking beer and shooting
>Taylor Swift, his idol
Whenever he's listening to something straight-up terrible and I ask what the appeal is, he always says "because it's funny hahaha"
Any female singer other than Taylor Swift triggers him, like he feels personally attacked when I put on something like Chelsea Wolfe. A few years ago before we were roommates he would use my laptop to browse Taylor Swift merchandise for hours on end, and I would kinda just step out of the room and wait for him to be done.
>>
>>60943414
Can't fight the seether.
>>
>>60955210
>not joining in buying swift merch
>>
My roommate has been listening to what I think is prurient's discography for the past week or so while studying for finals.

I don't really have any strong opinions on the situation because I can just barely hear it while listening for it and I normally have a fan going.
>>
>>60957092
>buying stuff

I just made my shirt with some spray paint.
>>
>>60943414
roomate, ed sheeran non stop
>>
File: 1366314903890.jpg (18 KB, 225x338) Image search: [Google]
1366314903890.jpg
18 KB, 225x338
>they haven't transcended the pleb/patrician dicho yet

Get over yourself.
>>
>>60943808
I know your pain. For some reason they are just ubiquitous with people now. everyone seems to like them
>>
Didn't continue seeing this girl because she exclusively listened to fucking pop punk and thought all hip hop was trash
>>
>>60943414
Still better than mine. literally 95% of what he listens to is drake and j cole (i hate j cole more than anyone else). Lightskin niggas man
>>
>>60948384
Bon Jovi is terrible but GOAT karaoke when drunk.
>>
>>60945657
I fucking hate reggaeton that would be a nightmare
>>
File: 1449119662187.jpg (72 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
1449119662187.jpg
72 KB, 305x196
>>60957345
exactly what a pleb would say
>>
my housemate unironically listens to Stitches
>>
File: czuje_dobrze_człowiek.jpg (15 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
czuje_dobrze_człowiek.jpg
15 KB, 300x303
>tfw patrician and semi-patrician open-minded friends
>One friend always wants to play some jazz (mostly Miles Davis, John Coltrane), classical music (mostly Chopin, Tchaikovskiy) or Polish sung poetry
>One friend always wants to play some 80s/90s Polish post-punk/alternative rock/bard music (mostly Kult)
>One friend who usually listens to modern "mainstream" experimental artists ranging from Death Grips to Oneohtrix Point Never, but at parties he usually puts modern alternative hip-hop like Danny Brown, El-P, Vince Staples, Earl Sweatshirt, Childish Gambino, Chance The Rapper or Kool AD, and also when everyone else falls asleep we end up exploring something reaally patrician like Sun Ra or Kommunizm

>tfw we have achived the equilibrium between fun party music and patrician music
>>
>>60945503
yeah your coworker at least put on some fun music
>björk
lmao
>>
>>60961634
>most obvious jazz musicians possible
>Christmastime classical
>a random fucking genre you can't even name a release from
>meme grips and a bunch of terrible fucking hip hop music that you label "alternative" for some reason despite it being incredibly popular in every demographic
>patrician
>>
File: DG.png (840 KB, 854x622) Image search: [Google]
DG.png
840 KB, 854x622
>tfw most of my friends are huge weebs/gamers
>Most of them just like Pop/J-Pop, Rock/Metal, EDM or Vidya/Animu OSTs. One or two are into jazz/be-bop. Most are pretty open to anything so long as it's not harsh noise, avant garde or overly tough to challenge the first time through
>Current room-mate listens to nothing but Top-40, Nikki Minaj, Nickleback, Monster Cat tier EDM and K-pop
>End up bring my own CDs to play on Car-rides with him because he likes listening to the shitty top-40 RnB Hip Hop station for the shitty DJs talking about the stupid drama
>Despite everything, He's an audiophile. Tries to get top of the line speakers and headphones and has pretty much everything in library in FLAC
>>
>>60954597
ay man i'd love to drink beer and listen to some butthole surfers
>>
>>60961634
>AYO mane have you listened to ewa demarczyk ma family??? shit's patrician as fuark see this?? it's fucking polish sung poetry nigga!!! we patrician now =))
>>
>>60954364
you are a true patrician
>>
>>60962331
>tfw in addition to patrician media I also enjoy some monstercat EDM
could be worse
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.