[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7
File: Screenshot_2015-12-10-08-15-04.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-10-08-15-04.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
Was it that bad?
>>
Of course, Fanta said. You don't belive in him?
>>
why don't you listen to it for yourself
>>
>>60942862
Nah. Fantano's review doesn't even match the score he gave. You'd think he would give it a 2 or 3 at least.
The album is bad, but it's not a zero. I mean he gave Hopsin a higher rating...
>>
>>60942908
I do not.
>>60942927
Probably will given the direction Cudder decided to go in, but his stuff has been pretty weak. Indicud was the last decent thing he's released.
>>60942938
Have you listened to it? I, too, have a hard time believing it was completely horrible.
>>
>>60942938

ya, he gave it like two or three positive comments, which means it wasn't completely negative he just gave it a 0 cause he wants controversy, views, etc/

closer to a 2-3 by his ranking. i havent listened to it yet
>>
>>60943170
He gave it a 0.94721 actually
>>
>>60942862
I have listened to advantures, and I have to say the instrumental wasnt bad. More the Lyrics that Kudi
sings are really weird, and dont make much sense. Even for a experimental rapper(kind of)

The beavis and butthead dialogues dont make it any better.
>>
>>60942862
I personally like to see it as performance art.
>>
>>60942938
>I mean he gave Hopsin a higher rating...

Hopsin's album was miles better than this and Hopsin is terrible.

This album is a fucking disaster in every sense of the word.
>>
>>60943089
>I, too, have a hard time believing it was completely horrible.

It's genuinely one of the worst pieces of music I've ever heard. The majority of the tracks on there are objectively awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxGZBvJAG4

Listen to this shit. Make sure you get to the ending. It's fucking terrible.
>>
>>60944246
I think it is fantastic that this album exists.
>>
OMFGGGG I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE ANTHONY MISSED THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THIS ALBUM

LISTEN UP RETARD, I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS:

Kid Cudi is the Frank Zappa of our generation. He is not just another manufactured rap star, he is a complete artist. He is not someone that is being controlled by a record label. Cudi is singlehandedly one of the most innovative and unique rap artists of this decade.

He is a melodic genius, his beats are experimental, innovative, unique, he isn't afraid to experiment, he is constantly evolving and changing his style. Kid Cudi, from the beginning, has always pushed boundaries and has continued to make progressive music that others could only hope to imitate.

His voice is an instrument. He wants you to look beyond just the lyrics. They are there just to complement the music, they are an application of the voice as an instrument rather than a medium for verbal communication and storytelling. His voice and his sounds are something that no one else is doing. Kid Cudi obviously isn't a Kendrick/Drake type of rapper with outstanding rapping ability but he still manages to make better music than them.

His album, Speeding’ Bullet To Heaven, is an extremely introspective and personal record. It allows you to better understand the perspective and emotions of Scott Mescudi. The album has become a bridge for white youth to enjoy the art of the black inner city and empathize with the likes of Cudder and that is what is so wonderful about art. We are able to see who he really is and understand him. The introductory interview at The Fader Ford shows that he is a surprisingly soft-spoken young man and it gives you all the more reason to care about him.

There was no Cudi before Cudi. He is not emulating anyone. He has no influences. When Judgmental Cunt came out of nowhere, everyone loved it because nothing sounded like it.

He has accomplished so much at such a young age, can you imagine what his music is going to sound like in 5 years?
>>
please label fantano post in the subject field
>>
>>60944348
Is this pasta? I don't visit /mu/ as much as I used to.
>>60944350
Lolk
>>60944246
Listening now.
>>
>>60944246
my mind is numb
>>
>>60943170
No, his scores just aren't a sum total of every positive thing on a record.
>>
no it isnt that bad. fantano is just so bothered by kid cudi's egotism.
"I'm feeling a zero on this record"
yeah you sure showed him..
>>
>>60943954
Just listened to this. Had a decent production to it, but certainly not something I'd listen to multiple times.
>>60944246
BUT THIS. Holy fuck. I mean, HOLY FUCK. I laughed the entire fucking time.
>>
>>60943270
So, a 1?
>>
>>60944246
deadmau5 have a new friend?
>>
>>60944246
>Objectively
What do you mean by this? I don't like the album either, but I don't see how this word applies
>>
>>60944348
Young Thug pasta
>>
>>60944246
I don't get what's so funny about this. It doesn't sound bad
>>
i wonder if decades from now this will be looked upon as a misunderstood psych classic
>>
>>60944246
Hey this is pretty good not cringe at all
>>
>>60944246
what kind of drugs do i need to take to make a song like this?
>>
>>60944246
This sounds like Korn covering Neutral Milk Hotel after shooting a bunch of smack.
Somehow that is a lot worse than how it sounds on paper.
>>
>>60945363
too much of anything, but id recommend kiwi strawberry cough syrup
>>
>>60945175
>trip with shit taste

Who would've thought?
>>
>>60943954
>instrumental not that bad
>experimental rapper

>>60944667
>it isnt that bad

>>60944670
>decent production

>>60945175
>It doesn't sound bad

>>60945225
>misunderstood
>psych
>classic

>>60945290
>pretty good
>not cringe at all

Go into the bandcamp thread and open literally any link, I guarantee it will be better than this album. If this weren't Kid Cudi nobody would care or even bother listening to this for more than a song.
>>
I haven't really listened to it in full yet, only a coumple of singles, but it seems like one of those complete trainwrecks that are just so bad that they're fun to listen to, plus a 0 score should be reserved for the worst thing that was ever released. Something that's painful to listen to, but not because it's loud and it hurts your ears but because it's just garbage. Not to mention that Fantano's ratings are really inflated so he probably just gave it that rating just to cause controversy
>>
>>60942862
I actually like the album....a lot. Im not even memeing.
>>
>>60945650
>plus a 0 score should be reserved for the worst thing that was ever released
who put you in charge?
>>
>>60942862
no, but it's not good
>>
>>60944536
its yung thuug psta
>>
>>60945627
>Go into the bandcamp thread and open literally any link, I guarantee it will be better than this album. If this weren't Kid Cudi nobody would care or even bother listening to this for more than a song.

Marketing does wonders, doesn't it?

Get fucked PR keks.
>>
>>60942862
I heard the first track, a noisey, depressive bit, and hoped the rest would be similair. Nope.
>>
>>60945734
This is how most reviewers use that rating(if they use it at all). Just like how it's opposite, a 10, is either something that symbolizes perfection or something that got really close to it
>>
>>60942862
6/10
>>
>>60945650
This IS painful to listen to
>>
this song is excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiQ684CM9o
>>
>>60945894

if you're a pleb, yeah
>>
File: listening to the new Kid Cudi.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
listening to the new Kid Cudi.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>60944246
>>
>>60945791
Doesn't really need marketing he's already hugely famous
>>
>>60944246
sounds like he feel down a well while drunk with a guitar and broke his jaw
>>
>>60945627
Fucking this thank you
>>
>this thread
>>
>>60945993
>Doesn't really need marketing he's already hugely famous
Well yeah. Once you get your big break you can pretty much break your contract and run your own label.
>>
>>60944336
so do I
>>
>>60944246
This song is fucking abysmal. Though I feel like people, including me, would be okay with it if it were released by Ween.
>>
>>60945941
Bro this album is trash. Dude's like 30 and doesn't even have the self-awareness to realize to keep his shitty, no-effort demos to himself. Again, go to the bandcamp thread. Even the worst stuff there is miles better than this
>>
Its boring and theres nothing really interesting about it

I wouldnt say its awful though. Miley's Dead Pets was far worse
>>
>>60946156
Ween wouldn't release something this bad, and even if they did it would be as a joke
>>
>>60942862
no, it was worse
>>
>>60945175
Are you squidding me right now?
>>
>>60946156
it definitely has that absurd humor factor. kinda getting a Sun City Girls vibe personally.
>>
Angered Kids is a 6.5/10 track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiD7EXH8pCI
>>
>>60945956
What is the source of this, also the fucking file name is incredible
>>
It's just Jenny Death Pt II, why isn't Fatnano shitting himself over it
>>
>>60944246
Fuck man, this year ended like a giant fart I just can't get out of my car and it smells like ass and shit with the music, Donald Trump, Obama, everything was so disgusting the last two months, if Star Wars sucks I swear to God I might not make it.
>>
>>60944246
It sounds like Animal Collective, no wonder /mu/ thinks its good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E
>>
>>60944246
Goddamnit I hate posts like this. Why doesn't anyone on /mu/ ever supply their opinions as to WHY something is good or bad other than just giving some bullshit statement about "objectivity" which is essentially a myth.
>>
>>60947872
>no wonder /mu/ thinks its good
except that /mu/ doesn't
>>
>>60942862
Damn, even Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz got a 1.
>>
>>60948007
True
>>
>>60947454
lol no

>>60946693
Literally sounds like it was written and played by high schoolers

>>60948007
People ignore posts where legitimate opinions are expressed in a thoughtful, non-inflammatory manner
>>
This is so bad that I can only imagine that everybody is going to pretend to love it in ten years.
>>
>>60948593
This is so bad that I can only imagine that everybody is going to pretend to love it on here on /mu/ within 6 months.
>>
>>60946576
>a slap in the face that thinks it's a high five
well said
>>
>>60947872
>edgy tom cruise
>edgy opinion to make himself feel special
>shows that fucking unfunny video that's been spammed over and over

R E P O R T E D
>>
>>60945934
I honestly can't tell if this is good or bad

I've never been this confused.
>>
File: chosenone.png (220 KB, 1440x1168) Image search: [Google]
chosenone.png
220 KB, 1440x1168
>>
>>60949840
straight to the cringe channel
>>
>>60944246
>suckin my cock and blow me
>nnnnrrrrghhhhhhhh
>MMMRRRRRRRRPPPHHHHHHHH
that, combined with the beavis and butthead shit, proves that he was actively attempting to make the album as bad as possible.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U9Qin5OSQY
It's like Ween without the self awareness
>>
>>60949840
damn...
>>
>>60949840
DJENT ALBUM WHEN
>>
why in the fuck is beavis and butthead on here this album isnt even something that would even be related to the show like metal
>>
>>60944246
This reminds me a lot of that Dave Mustaine (I think) album where nearly all of it is him mumbling and drunkenly screaming. That somehow managed to be a lot less repetitive and enjoyable than this.
>>
>>60950292
lololol i thought fantano was just being overly harsh before i heard it but this is unbelievable
>>
as an album it's pretty bad. it doesn't really flow. it just sounds rushed
i didn't listen to all the songs but i liked the nothing
>>
How is it Cudi is a good actor, but a shitty rapper.
>>
>>60944246
Sounds like Bob Dylan
>>
>>60945363
all of them

at once
>>
I really can't tell if I like this or not

I know that for the first time though, I'm thoroughly embarrassed to tell anyone that I like an album. This is coming from an avid kpop fan btw.
>>
Fuck fantako
but holy fucking shit cudi, what in the fucking hell was that, is he stuck in a bad acid trip or it this a parody
>>
>>60942862
>Gives this a 0
>Gives TPAB a 10
Why does anybody take him seriously?
>>
File: topkek.gif (492 KB, 176x216) Image search: [Google]
topkek.gif
492 KB, 176x216
>>60944348
>>
>>60944246
Truly the Trout Mask Replica of our time
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.