[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deftones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Why is White Pony so underrated?
>>
>>60938734
I think some people just lump them with the rock music that was popular at the time like Limp Bizkit. If you heard Back to School and thought that I wouldn't fault you, but I don't consider that song a part of White Pony. I think it probably deserves more attention on here, but it is a well loved/respected album.
>>
it's probably overlooked because of all the radio edits and shit
>>
>>60938808
back to school is so shit but Pink Maggit is amazing.
>>
>>60938734

It's one of my personal favorite albums of all time.

Deftones are on of few bands who really developt their sound thought the years.

This album is perfect alternative metal album, where indie and metalfans can listen too. 10/10 album.
>>
>>60938734
I used to hate this band because all I knew from them Was Drive and back to School
>>
>>60938963
Yeah it's a step down for sure, the story behind how it became a song is funny though. Pink Maggit is one of my favourites on the album but Back to School just doesn't work with all the other songs.
>>
>>60938734
Holy shit I totally forgot about that album. Got it as a gift some many years ago and had a great time listening to it over and over. I don't know shit about the band though, did they record anything as good?
>>
>>60939611
>Koi No Yokan
i actually think its their best; one of the few bands who actually got better with age
>>
>>60939611
Listen to saturday night wrist
>>
Yo this freddy D up in this bitch, deftone can suck a dick. We went platinum first week of the chocolate starfish
>>
First album that got me serious about music when I was a kid. Dad gave it to me.
>>
>>60938808
There are versions of the album without that track on it, depending on the colour of the cover. The label requested that they make a more accessible track to release as a single so they took part of Pink Maggit and wrote Back to School in like an hour or something. They really hated the track themselves.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.