[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw people wrote this album off cause it's not as long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
>mfw people wrote this album off cause it's not as long as Godspeed's other stuff/it doesn't have the pretentious voice clips their other stuff does

9/10 post-rock AOTY
>>
Piss Crowns Are Trebled alone make it a top 10 AOTY IMO
>>
>>60937313
I finally got around to listening to it and I fucking love it, feels so different to the rest of their shit. And I love the rest of their shit, but I love this shit too.
>>
>>60937471
filtered
>>
i wrote it off and then revisited it and was pleasantly surprised to realize it's a pretty tight record. i love the last track.

pretentious voice samples are fun though.
>>
>>60937313
the noise/done section in the middle is really intense.

desu I feel like if it was released as an ep or they kept it titled as Behemoth it would have been better received.
>>
>>60937502
triggered
>>
>>60937538
It probably would have been received better if they just hadn't broken it into four tracks.
>>
>>60937538
Exactly this. That drone shit threw me off at first but after a little while, I was totally feeling it. Definitely shouldn't have came out as an LP, like OP said, the length is just all weird for a Godspeed album. Tracks and the album as a whole are oddly short.
>>
>>60937554
I don't really care about the length (favorite godspeed release is slow riot anyways), Behemoth is just a really fucking cool name
>>
>>60937578
Agree with you on Behemoth, but that's mostly because I've always felt their titles are pretty pretentious.
>>
Yeah I thought it was one of their best releases because it concise and manages to get the same ideas through. Also the dronier sections are awesome.
>>
> People not liking album because the drone parts are different short songs and not at the end of a long song
>Implying that this is not more coherent and better than Allelujah
>>
People didn't like it because it's so bland for a Godspeed release. They mirrored the structure of ADBA exactly, and only Piss Crowns is truly great (much like how only Mladic was truly great on ADBA). Still, it's quite good, but not amazing. 7/10
>>
>>60937522
>pretentious voice samples are fun though.
This
>>
>>60937592
>East Hastings
>Providence
>Storm
>Static
>Sleep
>Moya
>Pretentious Names.
>>
>>60938339
>>60937522
they're not even pretentious goddamn
>>
>>60938329
ADBA
Track > Drone > Track Drone

ASaOD
Track > Drone > Drone > Track

They didn't mirror that exactly at all. I mean, all they did was swap the order around and make it more cohesive, but it's certainly a very different album for it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.