[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We can all agree that ...Like Clockwork is QOTSA's best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: QOTSA_LikeClockwork-Packshot.jpg (250 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
QOTSA_LikeClockwork-Packshot.jpg
250 KB, 1500x1500
We can all agree that ...Like Clockwork is QOTSA's best album, right?
>>
>>60931682
i enjoy it the most
its probably songs for the deaf tho
>>
It's not even in the top 3
>>
>>60932366
why
>>
Rated R is their best, but ...LC is really close.
>>
>>60932582
Self-titled, Rated R, Songs for the Deaf, and Lullabies to Paralyze are all better in so many ways
>>
>We can all agree
Can we ever?
>>
Easily
>>
>>60932597
this desu senpai
>>
>>60931682
Yes

I Appear Missing is one of the best songs of the decade
>>
>>60931682

Not even trolling, Era Vulgaris is there best album.
>>
I disagree

They're all basically on par with each other though. Queens are so fucking good.

They were the one band that could walk the line between the garage/blues rock revival scene, the modern psychedelia scene, the post-grunge, the stoner metal, and even the prog scene without ever sounding like any of them. The made everything from fairy-tale psych-rock to aggro metal to borderline industrial to bluesy piano ballads and they get labeled as buttrock.

Queens are so fucking good
>>
You know what, QOTSA as a whole is just good. Not great. Not spectacular. Maybe at the right time it's THE thing to listen to, but as a whole there are just as many shit tracks as there are good tracks.
>>
>>60932597
le contrarian
self-titled doesn't compare, neither does lullabies and you know it
>>
>>60931682
I enjoy SFTD and Rated R more. It is really good though, I can't wait for their next release.

>>60932657
Some of my favorites are on EV, but it also has some of my least favorites.

>>60932634
I Appear Missing hits me hard every time I listen to it.
>>
>>60932692
Which tracks did you feel were not up to par?
>>
You seem to have posted the wrong pic op.
>>
Rated R > LC > ST > SFTD > LtP > EV
>>
>>60932366
this is the #1 contrarian statement, fuck off
>>
>>60933013
I like them as equally as much, but I just go back to listen to LC more. Not sure why
>>
The first 3 albums are by far the best 3 and anyone who says Songs For The Deaf isn't their best album is literally retarded
>>
>>60932742
You keep throwing that word around.
Stop it.
>>
It doesn't matter, Kyuss is leagues better than QOTSA anyway.
>>
>buttrock
>>
SFTD > Rated R > Self Titled > LTP > Like Clockwork > Era Vulgaris
>>
>>60931682
yeah, ok
>>
>>60933455
what nigger
>>
File: 1445109638010.jpg (183 KB, 1492x1172) Image search: [Google]
1445109638010.jpg
183 KB, 1492x1172
Move the fuck over kiddos

EV > LC > SFTD = s/t > R
>>
>>60933812
oops lullabies between s/t and R
>>
File: 1449620001836.jpg (71 KB, 640x654) Image search: [Google]
1449620001836.jpg
71 KB, 640x654
>>60933812
>liking EV

cmon
>>
>>60933941
>Having a reason to dislike EV

No.
>>
>Queens of the Stone Age
7/10
>Rated R
6/10
>Songs for the Deaf
8/10
>Lullabies to Paralyze
5/10
>Era Vulgaris
3/10
>Like Clockwork
4/10

but more importantly, this >>60933275
>>
>>60931682
it's certainly among their finest work, but i have a tough time choosing between this, sftd, self-titled, and rated r as my favorite. what i appreciate about qotsa is how each album has its distinct flavor, and even though i don't feel lullabies and era vulgaris are as fully-realized as their other releases, they still have their time and place.
>>
>>60932366
What this guy said
>>
>>60931682
it's their worst or potentially second worst album

pretty terrible either way
>>
>>60931682
arguably the best rock album this decade
>>
>>60933996

>S/T
8.5/10
>Rated R
8.5/10
>SFTD
7.5/10
>LTP
>Era Vulagaris
>Like Clockwork
>>
Self-Titled = LTP > SFTD > EV = ...LC > Rated R

I don't know why I didn't like Rated R. It has good songs. It's a little too edgy buttrock stoner i guess i.e. "In the Fade", "Feel Good Hit", "Auto Pilot", and kind of "Better Living" but I like that song better than these. However, they are still good.
Eh, i still like the band.
>>
I'm pretty convinced that everyone who says LC is the best QotSA album has absolutely no opinion of their own. They read the 8/10 & 9/10 reviews and just go with that. It only gets those scores because it's actually a good album and there's jack all excellent 'mainstream' rock music out these days. So this just seems godly in comparison.

But it's not even close to their best album. Songs For The Deaf is one of the best rock records ever recorded, it's almost hypnotic and a true sonic masterpiece. ...LC has some excellent songs but as an overall album it can't even compare. And it's still not even close to Rated R and the first album. It's maybe better than the other two.
>>
Ima have to go with Era Vulgaris
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.