[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone love this album? Nearly every beat is the same.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: BurialUntrue.jpg (72 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
BurialUntrue.jpg
72 KB, 300x300
Why does everyone love this album? Nearly every beat is the same.

I love uk garage but this is garbage
>>
It's pretty good. Only deserves like a quarter of the praise it gets.
>>
>>60930248
Thanks for reminding me that I gotta listen to this again, it's been a while
>>
s/t is much better
>>
i dunno, it's great lad.
>>
>>60930248
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>60930637
>>60930608
>>60930286
no its actually garbage, you plebs
>>
if you dont like you dont like it

stop making "why does everyone like this album" threads

figure it out yourself.
>>
>>60930248
i don't get the burial hype. all of their records sound the same to me.

maybe i shouldn't have binged them.
>>
>>60930743
U never been to London ave u
>>
>>60930743
>garbage
it's called fucking garage you dweeb
>>
>>60930775
I don't get this criticism of him desu. Like maybe each album has a homogenous feel in itself, but he's certainly progressed. How do South London Boroughs, Broken Home, Etched Headplate, Ashtray Wasp, Truant, Rival Dealer, and Temple Sleeper sound completely alike?
>>
>>60930775
>all of their records sound the same to me.
get your ears checked
>>
Yeah it sounds simmilar, but thats kinda the point. It evolves using the same sounds and changing up as the album goes on, its vibey.
>>
>>60930944
maybe it's just the garage rhythm that i don't care too much for. i won't say that he doesn't have some standout tracks, but it all still sounds pretty samey to me. not saying i don't enjoy him, but i honestly don't understand why he has such a cultish following. maybe it's a uk thing, maybe i just wasn't listening to him at a time when he was actually expanding the genre in meaningful ways.

that said, it's great music to space out to while driving.
>>
>>60931043
not op btw
>>
>>60931070
after street halo he kind of ditched the "garage rhythm" (apart from the title track for the kindred ep).

there's really no one out there who sounds completely like him, apart from maybe the ripoff artists who followed him. he has the same quality that boc has, that way of evoking a nostalgic atmosphere. but being in london certainly helps...
>>
>>60930286

>3 in the morning
>Winter
>Weathers godawful
Perfect time to be listening to burial lads
>>
Hearing this in 2007 was insane. Sorry you missed it.
>>
>>60931159
brb, downloading more current burial EPs
>>
>>60931283
i'm gonna be honest and tell u that rival dealer was kind of shit lol. truant/rough sleeper and kindred are great tho.
>>
>>60931326
Rival Dealers is my favorite Burial EP. Oh well we all got opinions.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.