[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Comeback of Rock Music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: SpeedingBullet.jpg (47 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
SpeedingBullet.jpg
47 KB, 412x412
Despite the fact that this was a commercial failure, it's rock influences are obvious. Between this and the popularity that Death Grips has been receiving the past couple years, is it possible that we are going to see a resurgence of Rock culture, even if it is blended with elements of Hip-Hop?
>>
No, Kid Cudi's new album is and will always be completely irreverent to any progression in current music trends. Death Grips' listeners are not the same that listen to average hip hop, so it's a completely different audience.
>>
>>60930197
/thread

shit thread, OP t b h
>>
>>60930029
i hope so. im tired of pretending I like top 40.
>>
>>60930197
This

No one has any idea what Cudi was thinking besides some psychologists who specialize in celebrities
>>
>>60930029
No, we'll just see Cudi slump back into his old music so he can sustain his lifestyle until this album is inevitably hailed as the next Trout Mask Replica by the next generation
>inb4 TMR is actually good though
TMR was a commercial failure when it was made, only to be embraced as a classic by later generations; the similarities are striking. Besides, given how hipsters are driving themselves to like worse and worse dreck based solely on irony, the idea of this being popular among the children of today's hipsters isn't too far-fetched.
>>
>>60930029

" The Comeback of Rock Music? "

"t h e c o m e ba ck of r o c k m u s ic "

thread certainly made by a nigger.

holy shit, fuck off
>>
if this crap is what rock might head into. It can remain dead for all I care.
>>
>>60930671
This is nothing like Trout Mask Replica. That album was truly made by an
>absolute madman
Kid Cudi's album is like "I'm such a stoner and my mind is slipping ahh watch out!"
>>
>>60930029
No. It shows that rock is dead and can't be taken seriously.
>>
>>60930786
To the unwashed generations of the future, that may well be the definition of an absolute madman.

I'm not saying it's on that level, but really, is it inconceivable that the idiot kids of the future will latch onto this as something on TMR's level? They've latched onto old man Gira's mau mau maus because they're P4K-approved; what won't they eat up if the right authorities give them the go-ahead?
>>
>>60930717
/b/ is somewhere else. filtered
>>
>>60930896
Go shitting blood you fucking faggot emo ghetto nigga.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.