[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been a visitor of this board for the past 2 or 3 months. A couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: To Be Kind .jpg (12 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
To Be Kind .jpg
12 KB, 319x319
Been a visitor of this board for the past 2 or 3 months. A couple things are confusing to me, but I will only address one question. Is this album hated or loved on here? I honestly can't tell. (never listened to it or even heard of the band btw) The album cover just drew my attention.
>>
I can't speak for everyone, but I fucking love it. Check it out, you may be surprised.
>>
>/mu/ is just one person
>>
I dunno man I like it. Everyone has different opinions about everything. You can't summarize things in life. Every facet of existence has layers upon layers of different meanings depending on your perspective of the world.
>>
>>60926600
Is it a girl? Is she a qt?
>>
>>60926582

It's good. Go fucking listen to it.
>>
its generally liked
but as with everything thats generally liked, the people who actually genuinely disliked it are in a vast minority to the trolls and memers who claim to dislike it

>>60926600
posts like this are so annoying
like how do you not understand the concept of a popular consensus
>>
Yes, this is heavily praised as one of the best releases of last year and a peak in the bands musical output.
It, however only recieves such praise because it's the album that turned people onto the band which is why it does get flack.
Still amazing though, no album has ever had such a physical effect on me before, I definetely went into it with the wrong mentality and was quick to change that mentality when I realised exactly what it was.
>>
Very good album but not Swans' best. Definitely the best of their more current releases though.

Public Castration Is A Good Idea is by far Gira's best recording.
>>
>>60926659
It's their best live album.
How can you possible compare a live album to a studio recorded and mastered album?
>>
it is liked which is why it is memed
>>
>>60926659
Agreed. Castration is best and to be kind is just good. Castration is more melodic and epic imo
>>
>>60926582
>>60926582
It's garbage anon, it sounds like shit Swans is shit liked by edgy memesters who make it their prerogative to not like anything that is popular and like shit that sounds like shit.

everyone in this thread is an idiot
>>
>>60926618
You sound like you listen to Swans
>>
>>60926582
Anyone who doesn't like this album sucks.
>>
I cant speka for every one but for me its incredible. defenetly a 10/10
>>
>>60926800
>I don't like it therefore everyone else is wrong and a hipster
>>
>>60926800
This. Nobody REALLY thinks it's a 10/10 OP. It's an okay album but the album cover and Needledrops review has made it a meme. If it didn't have those factors nobody would be making a big deal about it, because the music is pretty average. (nothing really special or amazing about it.)
>>
>>60926800
everyone in this thread may be an idiot, but there's only one fucking autistic retard
>>
>>60926642
Why should a general consensus matter when it comes to anything art related? Get your head out of your ass and stop going with what the hivemind thinks.
>>
>>60928602
This and this>>60926800
>>
>>60926625
She's adorable
>>
I love it one of my favorites in the Swans catalog.
>>
>>60926582
its pretty much loved here.
>>
>>60926642
it's just a bad question, you don't really understand popular consensus if you're lumping together an entire community's opinions
>>
Everyone loved it when it came out. Now lots of people are against it, saying that The Seer is superior. Personally I love them both.
>>
meh
>>
>>60926582
I think Swans in general are terrible
>>
Hella Fucking Epic
>>
>>60926642
>vast minority to the trolls and memers who claim to dislike it
whatever you say anon, that must be the only possibility
>>
>>60926784
>melodic

What the shit

There isn't one pitched note on the whole record
>>
>>60931562
in there entire discography desu
>>
>>60928704
>>60928602
>>60926800
Your samefagging is showing
>>
10/10. On par with Soundtracks for the Blind.
>>
File: swins.png (7 KB, 379x108) Image search: [Google]
swins.png
7 KB, 379x108
>>60931594
this is the only pathetic defense for your shitty meme band you can come up with?
>>
>>60926582
Nobody else here knows what this album is about.
Only me, and I will be answering questions for the next 15 mins. Ask me anything and it will be truthfully answered.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.