[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Band shirts: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: 1449025196166.jpg (34 KB, 329x450) Image search: [Google]
1449025196166.jpg
34 KB, 329x450
Band shirts: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?
>>
How is it a social statement in the first place, much less profound?
>>
I just buy shirts to support the band, and since I own them I might as well weark them. I much prefer shirts that don't have the band's name on them anyway.
>>
Bit of both to be honest, if you continuously feel the need to rub it in peoples faces then it's insecurity.
Other than that It's to support a band and maybe spread the word.
I haven't owned one since I was like 14 and listened to Bring me the Horizon and Slipknot. Now that was because of insecurity.
>>
>>60924648
I bet if Gira saw this faggot he would kill him.
>>
Isn't that guy in the pic signed to Young God?
>>
Neither, just fucking clothes

Also this>>60924674
>>
If there was a store that sold just surplus concert Ts, it would be my entire wardrobe.
>>
>>60924648
i don't own any but i would like to, just if i liked the cover enough though

if i thought it looked pleasing on a t-shirt than sure, why not
>>
>>60924648
This is a copypasta.
>>
Literally neither
>>
If it's a good shirt that promotes the band then it's a good shirt. If you're wearing the band merch to say anything more than, "I like this band" then you're a prick. Also if you wear the shirt you should be able to talk about the band. There is noth I ng worse than a fagot wearing a band t and they don't even listen to the band.
>>
>>60924711
that's devendra banhart, he's signed to Young God
>>
I wish there were more band tees that didn't have the band names on tbqhhh

I don't want to share my autistic music taste with everyone but there's lots of album covers that would make great t-shirts

The whole point should be that with people who recognize it have an instant talking point and those who don't can just be like 'cool t-shirt' without you having to try and explain what Swans or whatever is to someone who listens exclusively to Radio 1
>>
>>60924674
I don't buy band shirts with their name on it
they should just release shirts with album cover or smt.
>>
>>60924802
This
>>
>>60924786
btfo
>>
>>60924648

They're a good way to support the band and an easy way to talk to people with similar tastes. Met my gf in class because she wore Misfits & Beat Happening shirts.
>>
I wear band t-shirts if I like what it looks like, because I tend to to wear cloathes that I like the look of, and because they can give me a conversation point with strangers who are also interested in the same band.
>>
>>60924786
lmao, db probably got this t shirt free from gira but ppl act like hes some tryhard hipster
>>
>>60924648
how about neither you fucking autist
>>
>>60924648
Clothes
>>
File: 1447974313179.jpg (27 KB, 313x337) Image search: [Google]
1447974313179.jpg
27 KB, 313x337
>Band shirts
>Sign of insecurity
This is the dumbest shit I've read all day. I wear band shirts because I like the shirt, wanted to support the artist, and to find people with similar interests and share music I like. And I'm pretty sure most people do the same.
>>
>>60924804
seconded
>>
>band shirts
>insecurity

Not even sure how someone mental-gymnastics their way to this.

Are you insecure about your music tastes?
>>
>>60926301
>>60926301
>>60926301
>>60926301
>>60926301
This.
>>
>>60924648

Sign of insecurity; "Look at what music I like! I have real taste! Please look! Are you looking?"
>>
>>60924648
I could be either my familia
>>
>>60924802
How autistic are you that you can't just say 'it's a band I like'?
>>
>>60924648
profound insecurity statement
i love them
>>
>wearing shit that isn't polo
>>
>>60928130
your beyond help
>>
>>60924648
neither you omnisperg
>>
>>60928130
damn....
>>
>>60924711
>>60924786
>>60925099
every time
>>
I wear them in the hope that someone will recognize the band and we can start up a conversation about music
>>
>>60928331
This
>>
>wearing clothes
>>
>>60924648
If you want a band t shirt them buy one, I have a Yeezus tee and a nwa one
>>
>>60928331
same but i live in conservative soccer mum bullshit new zealand and it has never once happened. plus i get too anxious to start conversations with strangers. but it's a nice thought to think that it could happen.
>>
it's sad that this picture always creates the only Devendra Banhart discussion I see on this site. He's released some really solid shit.
>>
>>60924648
False dichotomy detected.
>>
Depends on the design entirely. Not all band t-shirts are created equal.
>>
>>60926444
chekt
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.