[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Submitted Demos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Feeling disheartened /mu/.

I made a similar thread a week ago. Basically, I worked my ass off, basically became homeless, and alienated my family just so I could make this collection of demos in hopes that I could get on a label roster.

I'm probably going about it wrong, but so far I haven't heard back from anyone, and I've emailed 15 - 20 and delivered physicals to 4 or 5.

It just feels bad. I don't want to release a project and never hear about it again.

I guess ITT just post demos **you've tried submitting to labels** and we can give each other feedback.
>>
>>60907938
I'm sure if you've dedicated this much time and effort, it will amount to something. It may not be a multimillion dollar record deal, but I'm confident that you can at least make a living off your music. Keep at it, anon, you can do it

https://m.soundcloud.com/abelian-1

Here's some stuff people can give feedback on if they feel so inclined
>>
>>60907938
obviously you have alienate everyone because you think you are better than them. now that no one is calling you back (because you are a no talent dumb bitch), you can realize you aren't better and apologize
>>
>tfw I worked my ass off to make what I genuinely feel is a good album and no labels have responded yet but I don't want to release it independently yet just in case
>>
my demos: https://soundcloud.com/ian-mugerwa/sets/ottonotto-demo

>>60908038

um no i just told my parents i wasn't going to school until later and that I wanted to get a job and focus on music, and left home because i had to. That's pretty much it.

They just think there's something wrong with me emotionally because I want to be an artist.
>>
>>60908102

well yeah It's not like I don't have a back up plan. I realise now that I'll just have to polish up the demo tape, either convert it into a longer project or release it as is and work on the second part over the next few months while perfecting the live part.
>>
>>60907999
>I'm confident that you can at least make a living off your music.
You have confidence that this anonymouse shit poster can do what thousands and thousands try and fail to do every day for what reason now?

>>60908104
your music is shit mman
>>
>>60907999
>https://m.soundcloud.com/abelian-1

I saw your stuff posted in a soundcloud thread. It's nice. Very noisey and textural but tries not to be repetitive. I could see it being dope if you made a coherent project. I don't think there's much use in posting singles on soundcloud, as easy as that is.
>>
>>60908104
You're bullying the guy, aren't you? I fucking hate /v/.
>>
>>60908190

need more specifics, what didn't you like?
>>
>>60908213
Yeah, I see that
I've made an EP or two so far, and I'm working on a full length right now
Thanks for the feedback!
>>
>>60908104
I'm going to be honest. The production is interesting and the vocal ideas are there but you're not a good enough singer to pull it off. What you need to do is find someone who is actually good at singing willing, form a band, and rerecord this stuff.
>>
>>60910301

Hmm. Noted. Thanks.
>>
>>60908104
the music is generally good but there's not enough to hold my attention. It's probably good enough to get minimal label attention but you should start over and spice it up here and there. From what i can tell your talented and you should keep at it.
>>
>>60907999
All I listened to was "Amber (Track 19)" but dude this is some good shit, keep at it. Like another poster said, I'd be interested in hearing a full project from you.
>>
>>60908104
Nothing personal, but all the tracks are really boring t b h. Labels get tons of demos sent to them so they don't have time to sit through the entire thing. If you're tracks aren't interesting in the first 10-20 seconds they will probaly just ignore it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.