[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s opinion on Animal As Leaders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Tostin_Abasi_1_350.png (195 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Tostin_Abasi_1_350.png
195 KB, 350x350
>>
>>60902658
Love them, excellent band, Tosin Abasi is GOAT.
>>
I'd like them if I was 12 years old.
>>
>>60902658
tosin is good but I just don't care for them
>>
>>60902658
they're good live
they require a light show because they aren't charismatic on stage though. They kind of just play, although they play well
>>
>>60903472
>good live
>not charismatic
>need a light show
hmm okay then
>>
>>60902658
Wank
>>
File: dankmemes.jpg (28 KB, 515x484) Image search: [Google]
dankmemes.jpg
28 KB, 515x484
>>60902658
i wouldn't be suprised if Tosin is named guitarist of this generation. The guy's talented as fuck. If you're into music theory watch some of his lesson videos.

Animals as Leaders is a great band. I didn't really enjoy their most recent album as much as their first two though.

CAFO is GOAT-tier song
>>
>>60902658
>>60902658
Shit band. Tosin seems cool even though he plays like a dickbag
>>
>>60903484
they play and sound good live but the stage presence isn't there. People still enjoyed it a lot, and I did too.

happy?
>>
>>60903674
>>60903706
>>60903472
Tosin is great. Not only as a musician, but also as a person and actually is a very charismatic stage performer.

The other two are indeed not as charismatic on stage.

They need some pretty fuccboi to do whatever on stage with them. That way they can be like Polyphia (who are not that pretty actually but they're much prettier and have a much better sense of style than most of the modern proggish metallish guys and their songs are often kind of poppy so they're treated like the boyband gods of shred (still not a big fan of their much. still too much wank and they're not that tight live. They could be great in a few years)) and they'll be playing small stadiums.
>>
>>60903797
Please, Matt Garstka and Javier Reyes are equally talented. Tosin is just more popular
>>
>>60904040
Oh yeah they're fucking phenomenal, just not as charismatic on stage.

When I saw them in '11 Navene came out in a bathrobe, underwear, and slippers. That was weird.
>>
They value technicality over songwriting greatly, thus making them an incredibly uninteresting band. Tosin playing is incredible, but he can't write songs.
>>
>>60904100
this desu

i used to listen to prog and this band in particular in high school. ultimately i found it uninteresting and moved on and never remembering any of their songs. compared to how impactful blink 182 was for my youth, they just don't have ANY good songs. sorry djentkeks.
>>
>>60904100
/thread
>>
I love tosin. Javier reyes is great. Matt garstka is a tremendous player. Great all around band and they deserve more credit.

P.s. javier released an album Mestis - Polysemy
And it pretty awesome. The whole theme is wondeful which puts it at Top 5 prog release of the year imo
>>
Tooth and claw, probably the only song I really enjoy, unless im watching videos of them play or something, then its all cool to watch
>>
>that solo from On Impulse
>>
>>60902701
agreed
>>
Animals As Leaders - s/t is one of my favorite albums.

Fucking amazing.
>>
I'm really into the technical side of things, so I enjoy them a lot. Joy of motion is one of my favorite releases of last year.
>>
theyre incredibly talented. i just cant seem to care.
>>
File: 1361334238405.jpg (199 KB, 1023x685) Image search: [Google]
1361334238405.jpg
199 KB, 1023x685
I don't really understand the people who think that their music is emotionless. S/T specifically gives me incredible feels.
>>
>>60902923
this
>>
>>60903664
>I didn't really enjoy their most recent album as much as their first two though
Weightless is so boring and forgettable. I didn't like The Joy Of Motion much at first either, but it's really grown on me a lot, I almost like it as much as the self-titled now
>>
Animals as Leaders is an instrumental band and in the 4 or 5 times I've seen them, they have whipped up the crowd better than almost any band I've ever seen. It's downright confusing how hyped the crowd gets during their shows.

Great stuff anyway. I wish more of the copycat ripoffs focused as much on the drumming as they do and not just le chuggs
>>
>>60904100
>but he can't write songs
It's progressive metal, it's not meant to flow in the same way as more conventional genres. There are some bands that just disjointedly connect sections together, AAL is not one of them
>>
>>60907069
> just disjointedly connect sections together

"Riff Salad"

also I agree that AAL is not one of those bands
>>
I wish I could get into them, but I just find it mostly uninteresting to listen to. I don't know why.
>>
Don't care for their first two albums, but TJOM is a step in the right direction. We need more songs from them like Another Year.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.