[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else here really fucking hate tagging classical music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: lO0LT[1].jpg (126 KB, 765x446) Image search: [Google]
lO0LT[1].jpg
126 KB, 765x446
anyone else here really fucking hate tagging classical music? if you're a sperg about tags like i am, you probably do too. pic related is usually how i go about things:

[Work title] in [scale if available], [opus number if available]: [roman numeral of piece number followed by a dot] [piece name if available]

but look at this shit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcendental_%C3%89tudes

how would i go about tagging this? do i go with the english localization or somehow work with the original french name? how do you tag classical? someone help?
>>
bump on different connection so it actually bumps
>>
>>60898769
Transcendental Étude No. 3 in F Major: Paysage?
>>
>>60898914
yea i was just thinking about doing something like that
>>
>>60898769
Honestly, I don't listen to more classical music because it's so hard find and research good downloads, it's impossible to tag, and finding 'album art' for it is a bitch. It's not worth the effort.
>>
>>60898769
as a naxosfag I relate to this so hard it hurts
>>
One of the things that prevent me to scrobbling classical is tagging issues.
>>
>>60898951
>>60898957
>>60898958
i like the method i use in the OP pic but yeah sometimes it's a total bitch cuz some composers are assholes and don't attach opus numbers to their shit or they don't say what scale the work or piece is in REEEEE
>>
just listen to the music you autists

put the album artist as the composer and the artist as either the conductor or performer so you can easily find what you're looking for and leave it at that
>>
I don't know if it's feasible to have strict tag rules for classical that would work every time. Sometimes titles exist in several languages (like Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition — hell, even his name is up to debate: should it be Modest Mussorgsky, Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky, Moдecт Пeтpoвич Mycopгcкий?), sometimes there are tempo indications and sometimes not, people seem to have different rules, sometimes works have both Op. numbers and other catalog systems...

Music players and ID3 tags seem to have been designed without even the possibility of listening to classical in mind though, it's baffling that we can't even include year of composition and year of performance for instance.

>>60898958
Don't worry about that, it's a mess anyway — one of many things last.fm fails at, though it's the most excusable one.

>>60899026
>put the album artist as the composer and the artist as either the conductor or performer
Heh, I do the exact opposite.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.