[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does listening to music improve your cognitive ability in any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nyx1ur2TSc1qjcxf1o1_540.jpg (116 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyx1ur2TSc1qjcxf1o1_540.jpg
116 KB, 540x720
Does listening to music improve your cognitive ability in any way? Does it make you experience the world around you in a more emotional way, after you've put the headphones down or turned off the speakers? Does it improve your ability to think? Does it make anything different in a positive way at all, depending on if you've listened to a lot of music?
>>
>>60897974
No probably not
>>
File: I detected that shit, son.jpg (23 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
I detected that shit, son.jpg
23 KB, 250x323
>>60897974
it improves your ability to groove
>>
>>60897974
Sure, I use albums like LFO - Frequencies, or SAW, to calm nerves, which helps before job interviews or exams etc.

Then albums like A Grand Don't Come For Free just give me a positive outlook on life in general.

The only real cognitive thing is playing Audiosurf or Osu, kek
>>
Yes. Anything you experience shapes how you view the world. Abstract stimuli like art definitely changes your perception

Listening to (c)Rap all the time will make you think differently than if you listening to Debussy constantly
>>
>>60897974
yeah it can. but it's not instantly unless you listen to trap and shit 24/7. that shit can give you a major ego boost especially if you're buzzing

but it takes time and good audio equipment for any change to happen to you

don't force it really
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_psychology
>>
Yeah that's a big reason art exists.
>>
>>60898004
>Listening to (c)Rap all the time will make you think differently than if you listening to Debussy constantly
lol. I've noticed that when I listen to rap, the effect is often I will feel like it's pretty cool for a while, but then I will ultimately feel like it's pretty depressing. the outlook that the people who make rap have on life is dismal. It's either you make rap to get out of poverty or you just keep being a dead beat. I'm not even being prejudice, that's just what they say in their rap songs. I was watching a documentary by mobb deep, wu tang clan, listening to organized confusion, slum village, all sorts of rap. It's all really depressing, I would not want my world view shaped by that music in any way, I feel bad for the people who grew up in an environment that inspired them to make it in the first place. I don't think classical music is necessarily the height of mind expanding either, I do like clair de lune though. Most classical music doesn't really do as much for me as clair de lune though, it all sounds very flat and predictable.
>>
>>60898023
Yeah i think im going to only listen to trap music now :^)
>>
i can squat 590 when i listen to death grips and only 450 without
>>
>>60898078
Ya rap is valid and explains their life experience but that isnt one of enlightenment (I know tib dat phedora).

Classical isnt relatable to our current world but higher forms of art absolutely can elevate your cognitive function. Just listening to everything an expanding your perspective is a positive thing imo
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.