[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Studio Recordings and stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 6624.gif (583 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
6624.gif
583 KB, 500x225
Hey guys,i can only count on you.
I'm ready to purchase (an amount of 300euros have been raised) studio monitors (active)
Which pair would you suggest.
Im between Mackie MR5 Mk3,KRK RP4 RoKit G3,Mackie CR4,KRK RP5 RoKit G3,Akai RPM500 B-Stock also Mackie CR3 (google them if you don't know them)
>>
Im into hiphop productions mostly.
>>
Come on guys
>>
>>>/g/hpg
>>
tell us more about your current equipment
>>
>>60897485
I dont want fucking headphones
>>
>>60897533
they are retard audiophiles, they will know
>>
File: IMG_20151208_164830.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_164830.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2400
>>60897495
>>
>>60896927
The KRK rokit line has a pretty heavy bass response and is a little resonant so if you ONLY mix on those, your mixes might come out a little thin

I myself am gonna buy a pair of Yamaha hs7's, check them out of you haven't
>>
File: IMG_20151208_164906.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_164906.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2400
>>
>>60897583
What about Mackie's CR4
>>
I'm crafting every day new stuff,i mix them on my logitech speakers and these stanton headphones.
the results sound very nice on these speakers but i'm afraid the won't sound good on monitors,or better speakers at least.
>>
http://therecordingrevolution.com/2013/09/30/do-studio-monitors-even-matter/
"The other day I received an email from TRR reader, Sam. He asked if mixing on studio monitors was pointless, seeing as how most people aren’t ever going to listen to your mixes on nice studio monitors, but rather consumer headphones, laptop speakers, care stereos, and mobile phones. Shouldn’t we just mix for the worst case or lowest common denominator? In essence, here’s what I replied back and said."
>>
>>60897617
Haven't used them so I can't comment. I like the HS-7's because they have a pretty flat response over the whole freq spectrum. The HS-5's are cheaper but have a smaller woofer so I'm not sure I'd get a totally accurate representation of the low freqs.

Your best bet would be to demo a bunch of monitors at a place like guitar center where they have a lot of them set up. Play some music from your phone or iPod, something you're very familiar with to get a feel of how they sound.

Also you should get a good set of headphones, unless your room is treated to perfectly suit your setup you will hear reflections and weird things that aren't actually in your mix. Headphones can help and also serve as a good way to cross reference.
>>
>>60896927
Is the pic eigenmode related?
>>
>>60897740
No.
>>
>>60897719
I think i'll go with the KRK RP4 G3,they're most used by many,and lots of people buying them constantly.
About that test in a guitar center,would be good if there was one where i live ( :( ) .
>>
>>60897905
Honestly you'll be fine as long as you learn the strong and weak points of your setup and are able to work towards or around them.

Should def get a set of headphones though to reference your mixed if your room isn't treated!
>>
>>60896927
For me Mackie MR5 Mk3 are pretty good. Nice sound between high and low frequencies.
>>
>>60897582
is that fucking sankakucomplex LMFAO
>>
>>60899510
Mackie MR5 Mk3 or KRK RP5 RoKit G3 ?
Can't understand which of those is better for what i want to do
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.