[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain to me in one post how this is album is not the GOAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: Stadiumarcadium.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Stadiumarcadium.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
explain to me in one post how this is album is not the GOAT
>>
>>
>>60891980
I literally can't
Snow and Tell Me Baby were awesome tracks
>>
>>60891980
anthony kiedis
>>
>>60891980
50% of the songs are mediocre filler.
>>
>>60891980
I dunno but I found it surprisingly excellent the one time I heard it
>>
>>60892025
he may be an arrogant prick but he still had a fitting, unique, voice, and great lyricism

It's kind of like how Mick Jagger's voice is complete shit but it fit the stones perfectly
>>
A double album with only like 4 worthwhile tracks.
>>
>>60892065
>Mick Jagger's voice is complete shit
>>
>>60892332
Dude you can't deny the vocals on "like a rolling stone" are utter shit
>>
>>60891980

By the Way was the last great RHCP album. Stadium Arcadium and I'm with You are both mediocre compared to their previous work.
>>
File: 1405441045239.jpg (6 KB, 251x220) Image search: [Google]
1405441045239.jpg
6 KB, 251x220
>>60892746
ebin, simply ebin
>>
Why do people like RHCP?
i loved them when i was 10, why don't i love them anymore?
>>
>>60892941
because of shit taste, memes aside, this fucking board might give you a really pretentious insight on music, to the point where you easily dismiss mainstream music only for being popular
>>
>>60892976
i would think that too, but i stopped listening to them long before i found out 4chan.
what's pisses me even more is the fact that i don't even know why i liked them in first place neither why i stopped liking them.
>>
>>60892941
they have some nice songs

see: This Velvet Glove, Savior, Soul To Squeeze
>>
Stadium Arcadium could have been a top 3 RHCP if they narrowed it down to like 10 tracks.
>>
>>60893064
damn anon, just the name of the songs gave me chills of nostalgia
thanks
>>
>>60891980
i cant op it is
>>
>>60892017
p4k shill detected
>>
>>60893008

Same boat dude. Hey OP, how about this for an explanation:

It's a great album if your reference pool is tiny. When you've listened to a lot more music, you realise that anything you liked from this album has been done before, and better (sometimes even by the same band) as well as just how much of the content you actually don't enjoy.
It's great for teenagers who don't know that much about music but there's absolutely nothing to compel the experienced listener.
>>
Some of the lyrics on the album are pretty cringey but John, Flea and Chad are amazing musicians and they keep it pretty interesting.
>>
>>60892017
This is a good post.
>>
File: Photo on 2-28-15 at 1.24 PM #2.gif (829 KB, 150x250) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2-28-15 at 1.24 PM #2.gif
829 KB, 150x250
>>60893228
>mfw the solo on Turn it Again
>>
>>60893260
top kek
>>
i agree with >>60893228
i kinda ditched them when i found Courtains & TWTD.
That got me to actually look for music i liked
>>
>>60891980
Because it's boring. RHCP were interesting because they were doing something new, or at least new in the context of commercially successful music, with every album up to but not including stadium arcadium. Their early work actually deserved the punk and funk influence monikers, californication and by the way were a legitimately new sort of heavy-radio-rotation music in that era.

Stadium Arcadium, by contrast, was really barely-off-mainstream rock in an time where dashboard confessional was edgier and comparably successful in the mainstream. It produced a lot of money and had a hefty production value but ultimately pushed no boundaries and produced a couple of forgettable (if lovable) singles.
>>
>>60893348
stadium arcadium was the greatest when i was 6. Still feel nostalgia towards it but there is so much more interesting stuff that i've heard now.
>>
>>60893064
Emit Remmus, Breaking the Girl
>>
>>60893369
>stadium arcadium
>6

how new are you
>>
>>60893387

It's a troll, but if true he'd be 15.
>>
>>60893186
I agree with this
>>
>>60893396
>pretending you're not 15

>>>/reddit/
>>
it ruined my born in the 90s bitch childhood when i learned butterfly by crazy town was ripped off
>>
>>60893387
just the usual shitposting
>>
>>60891980
They should've just cut all the filler and released a really strong regular album, it would have been one of their best. Some of the songs are good but a lot of them are seriously forgettable.
>>
IS THERE A STORM IN YOUR TEA CUP...GUUUUUUUUUURL
>>
>>60893387
18 goy
>>
>>60893579
>goy
>>>/pol/
>>
>>60893619
how would you know the lingo on /pol unless you visited it. Cockass
>>
>>60893688
Maybe because they shit up every board that's half tolerable on this site.
>>
could have been a great single album, but instead its just a decent double album

however john was fucking killing it on this album, a shame the greatest guitarist of the last couple decades dropped rock music completely after this
>>
>>60891980
A lot of the songs on here are great, but its such a long album its just impossible to be great throughout.
>>
>>60893387
MODS
MODS
MODS
>>
>>60892037
this
>>
>>60891980
Anthony Kiedis. Rick Rubin.

The music is well written and performed but Anthony is a dull as FUCK singer and lyricist and Rick Rubin only excels at making bands sound completely indistinct.
>>
>>60891980
I can give you 7 reasons
>That's not BSSM
>That's not even One Hot Minute
>All of the tracks are essentially BTW without BTW's charm and sound
>The album strays too far from the Chili's regular funk-rock/funk-metal sound to be comparable to the work from their apex, but doesn't experiment enough to make the album sound fresh, leaving it a bloated and bland rock record
>The songs' styles are not diverse enough to justify SA being a double album
>For the reason above, Mellon Collie will always be miles better as an alt-rock double album
and last but definitely not least
>Rick Rubin's shitty post-OHM production
>>
>>60891980
Loudness War
>>
>>60896264
fuck off reddit.
>>
>>60893579
this album came out in 06.
the oldest you could possibly be is 16 according to your post
>>
>>60891980
It would be their best album if they had narrowed the tracklist down to:

1. Dani California
2. Snow (Hey Oh)
3. Stadium Arcadium
4. Strip My Mind
5. Especially in Michigan
6. Wet Sand
7. Desecration Smile
8. Tell Me Baby
9. 21st Century
10. Make You Feel Better
11. We Believe
12. Turn It Again
13. Death of a Martian
>>
Chilli Peppers have always been trash
>>
>>60893186
Snow
Stadium Arcadium
Slow Cheetah
Wet Sand
Hey
Desecration Smile
Hard to Concentrate
She Looks to Me
If
Make You Feel Better
Animal Bar
We Believe
Turn it Again
Death of a Martian

This track list would actually top By the Way and be their best album.

>>60893228
Its a great album period. Everything in every album save for experimental shit nobody listens to, has been done before, and I'm not talking about shit just labeled as experimental. If you actually listen to the sounds on this record as a whole and not the popular songs, its actually alot less generic than most of the bullshit I see constantly posted in every chart thread. Music isn't a linear progression and an "experienced listener" would know that. You have honestly outed yourself as not being able to ignore the context and just listen to music, Surprising since you consider yourself an "experienced listener". This board is seriously shit. You can't find one thread without this kind of retarded way of thinking. Not that there aren't some lackluster songs on the album, but please point me in the direction of bands that have made music that sounds like the outro of Slow Cheetah or the break/solo in Animal Bar or the break in Hard to Concentrate, etc. I've been waiting to hear it for years. I still haven't found a band with typical rock instrumentation can hit the same spots as 2000-2007 era RHCP in terms of songwriting, melody, harmony, and groove without resorting to wankery and/or extended jams.
>>
>>60893228
>experienced listener

Please go fucking noose yourself you fedora tipping insufferable cunt.
>>
>>60891980
It's too [spoiler]recent[/spoiler]
>>
>>60893194
How about that guitar solo to Dosed? Happy go lucky feels.

Then you got On Mercury and Minor Thing - both ace.
>>
>>60896264
Californication was the most over-mastered album ever at one point. Dunno if it still is.
>>
>>60900000
In other news: check my get
>>
top-40 funk rap is quite possibly the worst thing that has ever happened and i hope anthony kiedis relapses. the only positive thing RHCP gave us was the parody song that jon daly and zach galifianakis made.
>>
>>60900000
quints of TRUTH
>>
>>60900529
When I tried to use the Q word it said it was spam. How did you do it?
>>
>>60891980
It's white boy funk with a long-haired pussy frontman talking nonstop about girls and sex when he probably hasn't had either one in his life. It takes real funk, drains it of power, and makes it marketable for white people who know how it feels to lie through their teeth about their sex lives to other white people and have them believe it. It's horrible by default.
>>
>>60892024
>muh radio rock singles

eat shit and suffocate on it
>>
>>60900676
Putting the casual racism angle to one side, his lyrics are pretty banal and arbitrary.

All I need is one hot scene!
At the party with baked beans!
I turn around and I make her scream!
Jack Spratt could eat no fat but his wife could eat no lean!

There, I just did a Kiedis. Can I have some money please?
>>
>>60900740
kek I legitimately thought those were lyrics to some obscure rhcp track for a second
>>
>>60901006
I borrowed the "one hot scene" idea from One Hot Minute. The rest was just some bollocks I made up.
>>
>>60891980
It's like Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness but with even more filler.
>>
File: California is the place to be!.jpg (24 KB, 358x450) Image search: [Google]
California is the place to be!.jpg
24 KB, 358x450
>>60900740
california is all I want you to see!
playing with the girls is my ability!
hot crackhead girl dont need no xtc!
ding deng din dong deng my mobility!
>>
>>60891980
it's pseudo intellectual stoner high school rock bullshit. dadrock of the future
>>
>>60891980
Even considering only tha band's discography it's a very average album, not bad but definitely not GOAT (that'd be one hot minute btw)
>>
Bing-a-bong-a-bong-a-bong Burbank
Gigga gigga, gigga gigga-Glendale
>>
File: CP8DhXtWoAAEa3T.jpg (44 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
CP8DhXtWoAAEa3T.jpg
44 KB, 500x600
>>60902831
Iggy Pop told the truth
There is no innocence in youth
Girl I'm gonna break this truth
Now lay me down and let's get loose
>>
Its too long and also >>60892025
>>
>>60892065
Unique is the only quality most other people will agree with. Unique and memorable is all I'll give him.
>>
>>60892065
>great lyricism
Literally the thing RHCP gets shit for most is their terrible lyricism.
>>
Hey oh
Your whole family is gay oh
>>
The album just sounds like filler after the track Stadium Arcadium. The first half or so is just fantastic then bleh.
>>
>>60891980
This album could grow horns and climb mountains and it still wouldn't be GOAT.
>>
File: billy.png (488 KB, 820x546) Image search: [Google]
billy.png
488 KB, 820x546
>>60904270
kek
>>
I can get through Bitches Brew, but not this fucking album. I like RHCP, but sitting through 2 hours of their stuff, especially at the time they made their most radio-rocky material, is just too much.
>>
It's a pop album. It is likely to have 2 or 3 great songs that were released as singles, 2 or 3 others that weren't, and many many tracks of filler in between. Its inflated amount of tracks requires several listens of better music to be superseded, taking up time that most people just don't have. This is done on purpose to keep play counts high and justify continued manufacture of shit music.
>>
>>60893365
You're right.

Mother's Milk was their poppiest record of the 80s, and I've still never heard anything like it. It's in a weird limbo between Funk-Rock and Funk-Metal.

Even other bands that have been described as similar to RHCP like Faith No More (I'm not even sure why, none of their songs are really funky) and Infectious Grooves make completely different stuff to them.

Calling RHCP experimental would be a huge overstatement, however.
>>
>>60897853
>no Hump De Bump
Thank god. What a horrible song.
>>
>>60897853
1. Dani California
2. Torture Me
3. Animal Bar
4. 21st Century
5. Stadium Arcadium
6. Storm in a Teacup
7. C'mon Girl
8. Hard to Concentrate
9. Readymade
10. Especially in Michigan
11. Make You Feel Better
12. So Much I
13. Warlocks
14. Wet Sand
15. Turn It Again
16. Death of a Martian

Put on this album again to make this list, and holy shit is the production flat as fuck. How could anybody be proud of this shitty sounding record?
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.