[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Listening to this right now. Am I missing something or is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: file.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
Listening to this right now. Am I missing something or is it just a symphony of downsyndrome the whole way through.
>>
>>60885324
>it's a rock record
>not expecting post-african retardations
>>
Seriously though. I'm trying to have an open mind but it's just rediculous. It sounds like a kazoo.
>>
yeah, it's shit

listen to Faust IV, much better
>>
Searching for a middle point between post-nuclear psychedelia and psycho-ambient "musique concrete", German group Faust coined one of the most powerful, dramatic and eccentric languages in modern music.

Technically, the ensemble's music pushed to the extreme an aesthetics of darkness, ugliness, fear, chaos, irrational that stemmed from expressionism, surrealism, theater of the absurd, Brecht/Weill's cabaret, myth of the supermensch, Wagner-ain melodrama, musique concrete and abstract painting, all fused in a formal system that was as much metaphysical as grotesque. Influenced by Frank Zappa's collages, these teutonic vampires injected angst, like burning lava, into a sound that was deliberately fastidious, repulsive, incoherent. Demented, demonic, paranoid, acid and violent, their compositions constitute a puzzle of sonic boutades and hermetic puns. Their opus was a black mass that deteriorated into "happening". However, behind the surface, Faust's music hid a moving vision of the human condition, one of the most lyrical in the entire history of rock music. Their visions of hell represent the noblest testament that came out of progressive-rock.
>>
Faust is just wankery, people like it in order to seem smarter than they are. There's nothin to get about the album: unlike TMR there isn't focused composition and musicianship. It's just bullshit.
>>
Meadow Meal and Miss Fortune are 9/10 tracks.

Why Don't You Eat Carrots is pretty shit imo.
>>
>>60885324
It's an accessible prog rock album with slight avant-garde leanings.

>>60885509
Faust isn't shit, but IV is better.
>>
>>60885559
this t b h
>>
>>60885559
fucking wop
>>
>>60885324
This album grew so hard on me.
>>
>>60885597
At this point I have no idea if this post is baiting or not.
>>
>>60885617
>I don't know how to appreciate the objectively best song on a great album
>>
>>60887362
At this point I don't know if your trip is a shitposting one or not.
>>
>>60888524
It seriously isn't.
>>
>>60885324
You need context: listen to other progressive rock at the time, then come back to this.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.