[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Grizzly Bear still a big deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 620x372
Are Grizzly Bear still a big deal?
>>
>>60883897
They're to white to be held in any regards by the media anymore
>>
They're making a new album I think

But they're pretty much in limbo, too "mainstream" for Indie crowd and too "weird" for normie crowd

their fanbase is cancer now though regardless.
>>
>>60884013
>Indie crowd

Indie crowds are mainstream
>>
naw, everyone saw through Ed's constant attention-whoring on Twitter and realized they were a bland band.
next album will get 8.3 BNM on p4k
>>
>>60884032
I know, but they think otherwise. So here we are.
>>
Do Grizzly Bears tend to have big deals? how big is a bears member
>>
>>60884037
Wouldn't say bland, yellow house is pretty great. Just very polite, like you'd expect from white people. Literally the vampire weekend of folk.
>>
>>60883897
I like their stuff. I don't keep track of them though epsecially since they haven't released anything new in a while. Rossen is makes the group good.
>>
>>60884013
I still can't believe p4k gave Shields a 9.1. No way was it that much better than Centipede Hz. I'd even argue that CHz was better
>>
>>60884138
P4k is a hype beast. No surprise
>>
>>60884113

>Literally the Vampire Weekend of folk

Most accurate description of Grizzly Bear so far.
>>
How would you compare em to say Beirut?
>>
>>60884181
Why not compare them to pram while we're at it anon

Gulag orkestar is pretty nice though
>>
Daniel Rossen is a real talent - fantastic guitarist. Honestly I wouldn't mind him leaving for good to do his own thing.
>>
File: header.jpg (78 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
78 KB, 648x648
>>60884241
>>
>>60884241

He is a great guitarist but I find his voice to be a bit depressing
>>
I like Grizzly Bear but they aren't particularly challenging listening. It's very twee with a few interesting songs

I want Daniel Rossen to go back to Department of Eagles style, The Cold Nose/Whitey on the Moon is an amazing album
>>
>>60884276
Yeah, this was one of my favorite releases of 2012 and much better than Shields imo. I'd love a full album from him, or at least another DoE album.
>>
>>60883985
yeah, they're dealing with the same problem adele has, trying to survive in a media environment that refuses to recognize white achievement
>>
>>60884241
yeah, this. department of eagles is goat too
>>
>>60884305
I enjoy his voice quite a bit. I like the raspy quality and he just sings so effortlessly. I see what you mean, but it doesn't bother me.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.