[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums that give similar feels pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
Albums that give similar feels pls
>>
>>60881686
Rome is pop-neofolk and I still can't say if that's a good or bad thing. No other bands doing it this way that I know of.
>>
>>60881781

I'm not really looking for neofolk that is as accessible as Rome. I'm looking for neofolk that tackles feelings like melancholy and hope in a similar way. I know that this is a pretty vague request, sorry.
>>
Check out this chart.
>>
File: R-2253882-1272543399.jpg (24 KB, 450x420) Image search: [Google]
R-2253882-1272543399.jpg
24 KB, 450x420
>>60881686
You will like pic related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQuxQDWHeJg
>>
>>60882076
Listen to Blood Axis and the albums Boyd Rice did with Death In June.
>>
You might like Anathema.
>>
File: neofolk.jpg (365 KB, 1435x828) Image search: [Google]
neofolk.jpg
365 KB, 1435x828
>tfw too much neofolk
>>
>>60882309
Have you listened to every artist in there?
>>
>>60882484
Multiple times, actually. I only archive the things I've listened to at least once.
>>
>>60882309
what are you absolute favorites excluding the super obvious ones (Di6, C93, Sol Invictus, etc.)?
>>
>>60882076
That like ..all neofolk. Although DI6 would probably be closest as Douglas too has revolutionary with bittersweet yet hope- and beautiful music.
>>
File: mu - neofolk.png (139 KB, 2326x601) Image search: [Google]
mu - neofolk.png
139 KB, 2326x601
>>60882309
Hey, are you the guy who posted this in one of my neofolk generals?
>>
File: rome demo.jpg (513 KB, 2770x1760) Image search: [Google]
rome demo.jpg
513 KB, 2770x1760
>>60882576
Kiss the Anus of a Black (keep in mind his more recent albums are more synthpop than neofolk), Art Abscons, Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio, Backworld, Changes

>>60882623
Yes. :^)
Posting my entire folder felt like a great way to make people check out some of the lesser known neofolk projects. I'm still a completionist, though.
>>
>>60882668
This is amazing.
>>
>>60882160
>>60882112
>>60882200

I just listened to the song and I peaked into some of the albums. soundwise I dig pretty much all of it. The thing is, I'm relatively new to neofolk and I don't really know if there's as much right neofolk as it's made out to be through memes and the alike. I don't subscribe to any particular political ideology but as a rule of thumb I'm somewhat put off by right and cliché sjw lyrics. Which one of those bands are rather left leaning or don't touch on politics/ideologies at all? (I'd prefer the latter)

Thanks for the help so far, guys!
>>
>>60882741
Here's the thing neofolk wants you to do: Listen to the music, listen to the lyrics, think for yourself. There are no ideologies. There is only people.
>>
>>60882668
Thank you for your presence in this thread, based neofolk-Anon!
As the expert that you are you might be able to answer the question that has plagued me since many moons:
Are there any good martial/neofolk bands that touch on anarchism in their music except for Rome and Militia?

>>60882741
There's lots of stuff about nature and if you don't like the lyrics of a song just delete it from your computer. Try around, many neofolk bands are not explicitely political and I don't think there are any sjw lyricists among them at all.
>>
>>60882874
I honestly can't think of anything else than Rome on the top of my head. You'll have to answer this question on your own, anon. I'm sorry.
>>
>>60882768

The thing is english is not my mother tongue so naturally I'm not really good at interpreting english lyrics which has led to me cringing at my younger self for really getting into a band and then later finding out that this band had a right wing ideology and right wing lyrics. I mean I'm not too much bothered by exploring the genre without a safe starting point and risking to fall into the same sort of trap again but due to said event in my teens I'd feel at least a bit more comfortable while listening with that safe starting point since the event is still somewhere in the back of my head. Again, it isn't hugely important but it would help me to a certain degree.
>>
>>60883119
>The thing is english is not my mother tongue so naturally I'm not really good at interpreting english lyrics

You will find out that more than half of the neofolk projects sing in languages other than English. You might not even be able to understand what the topic they're singing about is.

Also, some of the more right-winged projects don't sing about their ideologies at all.

But anyway, have some spoonfeeding for left-winged projects:

Sieben
Sol Invictus
Naevus

>Select all images with juice.
Thanks, ZOG!
>>
>>60883202

Thanks spoonfeeding based anon!
>>
File: a1796985050_10.jpg (100 KB, 1200x1197) Image search: [Google]
a1796985050_10.jpg
100 KB, 1200x1197
This is the neofolk aoty, by the way.

https://jaennerwein.bandcamp.com/album/eine-hoffnung
>>
>>60883640
I agree, very good album!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.