[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's shoot some shit, favorite Nick Cave album and why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Let's shoot some shit, favorite Nick Cave album and why. Grinderman, Birthday Party, Collabs and soundtracks count too if that's what ya wanna pick
>>
1.Good Son (In my top 10)
2.From her To Eternity
3. Boatman's call

Love most of his stuff, IMO the songs on The Good Son are just superior to anything else he's done.
>>
Fuck yea, i love the guy. NC & the bad seeds are probably my fav band of all time.

My top 3 :

>The Boatman's Call
>Your Funeral... My Trial
>Push The Sky Away.

But he litteraly dropped just two bad albums in 37 years. What a man.

Also, the Bad Seeds, solo, are pure geniuses. How can one man be the friend of so many talented musicians?!
>>
Prayers on Fire is my favorite of his albums

>ZOO MUSIC GIRL
>>
My favorite's probably murder ballads, it's just the right amount of cheese
>>
Bumpin'
>>
I'm a shit person for saying this, but I hope the death of his son results in a quality new album, something that shits all over mediocre things like Push The Sky Away and becomes one of his essential releases.
>>
The Boatman's Call for mood and songcraft.

I really like Push the Sky Away too for how fluid and pretty it is.
>>
>>60881006
Honestly yeah, a little bit..
>>
How do i get into nick cave?
>>
>>60881006
>tfw he releases The Bad Son, virtually reinventing all genres
>>
>>60881049
Depends on what you like normally
>>
Tender Prey

I was in my post-punk phase when I've got into it and the first song had a really big impact on me. It was also the very first Nick Cave album I had.
>>
>>60881049

I started with The Birthday Party, which I don't recommend because of how crazy that shit is, it's a bit difficult to get into.

As a result I only really like post-punk Cave.
>>
>>60881087
I loved the Mercy Seat so much I wrote a compare and contrast essay with it and Walking Spanish by Tom Waits in freshman year of high school
>>
>>60881049
Let Love In is cave at his essence. If you like the more Post-Punk stuff you can go back to the start, if you like the anthemic sleazy rock bits there's Dig Lazarus Dig, it's a good cave litmus
>>
>>60881006
>Push the Sky Away
>mediocre
I disagree there.

I think The Boatman's Call is his best. Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus is excellent as well. I like most of his work a lot, but for the most part I don't think he really got going creatively until The Good Son (and parts of Tender Prey).

Note that I'm not saying his earlier stuff is bad. I just think it pales in comparison. I generally think he's only gotten better with time, with The Boatman's Call being the clear peak. I'd take Dig Lazarus Dig over From Her to Eternity any day.
>>
>>60881478
>Dig Lazarus Dig
It's honestly my favorite cave album. The character he kinda plays on it hits all my fucking sweet spots
>>
File: Nick-Cave-bw2.jpg (160 KB, 960x500) Image search: [Google]
Nick-Cave-bw2.jpg
160 KB, 960x500
>>60881843
fucking this, i fucking love the desparated old rocker voice he use on the album. It's just wicked, crazy tunes about nonsense.

Btw, "More News From Nowhere" is easily on his top 10 songs. What a way to go back being Nick Cave after having been an Elvis parody for 50 minutes. And it's so well written...

>I turn another corner, I go down a corridor and I see this guy
>He must be about 100 foot tall and he only has one eye
>He asks me for my autograph, I write nobody and then
>I wrap myself up in my woolly coat and blind him with my pen
>Cause someone must have put something in my drink, everything getting strange looking
>Half the people had turned into squealing pigs, the other half were cooking
>Let me out of here, I cried, and I went pushing past
>And I saw miss Polly singing with some girls, I cried strap me to the mast
>For more news from nowhere...
>>
>>60881961
>And it's getting strange in here
>Yeah, it gets stranger every year...
The chorus is so good too, goddamit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.