[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so great about this album exactly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: Folder.jpg (72 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
72 KB, 500x500
What's so great about this album exactly?
>>
>>60878211
the music
>>
Extremely radical album for the time period. Not too many people were making albums with that kind of militant political fury.
>>
File: clock.jpg (278 KB, 656x676) Image search: [Google]
clock.jpg
278 KB, 656x676
>>60878211
You're blind ,OP
blind to the fact
>>
>>60878211
FUCK THE POLICE
>>
>>60878286
Wrong coast, fa|\/|
>>
>>60878345
Whoops sorry
>>
>>60878284
I don't get this
>>
just a bunch of poorly mastered guys screaming
but don't take my word for it i couldn't finish it
>>
The Bomb Squads stellar sampling work is enough to make it a classic - just unreal. And Chuck D just has this booming, commanding presence and cadence to his rapping that makes it super memorable and exciting. Also this >>60878267
>>
File: folder.jpg (420 KB, 1600x1500) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
420 KB, 1600x1500
Clearly the superior album with "Millions" in the title
>>
>>60878211
You don't dig Chuck's baritone, his sublime MC work, or his message of equality and power to the people? Or Flav adding some absurdity and levity into the mix? Or Terminator X's God-tier work on the decks? Or The Bomb Squad's revolutionary sampling and production?

That's why this record is brilliant.
>>
>>60878483
Then it's clear PE was revolutionary for inspiring Death Grips.
>>
>>60879087
This. For it's time it was both groundbreaking and technically impressive
>>
The music. It's fitting they're called the Bomb Squad because their production was explosive.

I'm trying to become a music critic.
>>
>>60879140
they probably actually were
>>
It's really sad the utter lack of shits anyone gives about anything after FOABP tho

Like they didn't fall off hard or anything but their sound was no longer cool so no one even seems to realize they still existed after the 80s

Give It Up is like one of their best
>>
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 900x900
DONT TAKE IT FROM ME ANON
>>
>>60879087
The beats sound terrible. They're too chaotic and nothing melds together. Off time shit. Loud shit.
>>
>>60879212
Apocalypse 91 is still rated quite highly in most circles, but I agree it's not really talked about on /mu/
>>
>>60879235

That's why it's good
>>
>>60878211
anti-white racism liberalism
>>
>>60879235
> He can't handle The Bomb Squad.
Sorry bro, Truly.
>>
>>60879266
I love Chuck D. I already said what I thought of the beats. You can't really think that this album is consistently good? There's some standout tracks, but fuck it's hard to sit through.
>>
>>60879235
Nah m8, they're great. Just totally different from anything else that was going on at the time - they were pissed off and marginalized, so the beats were harsh and angry.

>>60879336
>You can't really think that this album is consistently good
???? Why is this so hard to believe?
>>
>>60879336
See v
>>60879214

Maybe you just don't like it that much. That's okay, it's not for everyone. But this is one of the most acclaimed albums ever, so trying to call people out on not actually liking that much is kind of strange.
>>
It's the TPAB of the 80s
>>
I'm listening to Terminator X to Edge of Panic now bros.

Fuck this is genius.
>>
File: pugmug.png (193 KB, 394x297) Image search: [Google]
pugmug.png
193 KB, 394x297
>>60878211
>Tries to make edgy political statement
>One of the members wears a clock on a necklace
lol how did people take them seriously
>>
>>60879235
The beats were revolutionary. Ice Cube himself admitted TBS' production was better than Dre's.
The chaotic atmosphere isn't just "random" samples. They're working off one another.
>>
>>60879439
Nah I'm not the OP.
>>
File: autism.png (1 MB, 800x474) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
1 MB, 800x474
>>60879270
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 315x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 315x436
>>60879487
I'm not sure I see why it matters my shit posting friend.
>>
>>60879487

Pauline Kael once said, "The first prerogative of an artist in any medium is to make a fool of himself."
>>
Holy shit, an actual Public Enemy thread on /mu/. Amazing!
>>
>>60879487
>discounting a person's entire political and ideological set of beliefs and ethos based off of a fashion accessory
>calling the opposition to violence, marginalization, and systematic racism against black people "edgy"
lol how do people take you seriously
>>
>>60879487
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIL7mM8IgRc

Don't worry. They got a song for you too, f@m.
>>
>>60879487
>tries to criticise 80/90's hip hop act
>doesn't know about a hypeman
>>
>>60879506
The only track I feel really works is the first one of Fear of a Black Planet. idk is it Terrordome or Brothers Gonna Work it Out.

I mean Straight Outta Compton was released in the same year.
>>
>>60879336
You don't think the beats are intentionally abrasive to match the angst and revolutionary slant of the lyrics?
>>
Its one of the most important and creative albums in an era where hip hop albums weren't restrained by sampling laws
>>
We can see unique posters now guy. Stop sameposting.
>>
>>60879687
You need to be able to appreciate dissonance in order to really enjoy the wide variety of textures they show off. The style has more in common with Endtroducing than West Coast G-funk

G-funk on the other hand was all about creating pretty harmonized stuff with a strong backboned beat.
>>
nothing
>>
>>60878211
I dont know about you OP but for me it's Chuck D's political poetry,Flav's ridiculous actions as THE Hypeman or the noisy productions scratched by Teminator X,all which is a musical bomb of political statements,from racism to sampling laws.
Also it's one of the heaviest album in rock history.
>>
It's the hip hop GOAT friend
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.