[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: >search your university's library / article database
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 209x241
ITT:
>search your university's library / article database
>see what publications you can access feauturing Piero Scaruffi
>laugh
>>
>>60876715
Scruffles looks stoned here.
>>
>Major scientific revolutions have usually coincidedwith major artistic periods. Today science is mostly evolution, not revolution
He says this as if every day in the past, there was new scientific breakthroughs that revolutionized the way we study a field. This is simply not the case, and the vast majority of scientific progress has been gradual.
>>
nothing in the university of Edinburgh
>>
>>60876753
shut up hampus scaruffi is better than you
>>
>>60876759
I could access two EDITORIALS from Leonardo journal. Not a single article or paper; the two editorials feature no citations and look just like the stuff you'd find on his website.

I guess the reason he posts all his stupid ideas there is because no reputable journal would ever publish them :^)

>>60876775
How?
>>
>>60876753
He also neglects to mention that when Scientific revolutions happen, it's usually during a major global conflict
>>
>>60876790
what global conflict was occurring when the dildo was invented?
>>
>>60876715
I'm going in, wish me luck
(listed as contributor)
>>
>>60876923
>tfw state university pleb
I should've done IB.
>>
>>60876856
there's no scientific revolution when it comes to dildo invention
it's just a stick
>>
>>60876941
Come here for grad school!
Anyways... Quoth Scruffles:
>Facebook’s sociological impact was colossal. For example, Facebook offered a “Like” button for people to applaud a friend’s statement or picture, but did not offer a “Dislike” button. Facebook was creating a society in which it was not only rude but physically impossible to be negative. The profile picture of the Facebook user was supposed to be a smiling face. The whole Facebook society was just one big collective smile. The Web’s libertarian society was turning into a global exercise in faking happiness. After all, the French historian Alexis de Tocqueville had warned in 1840 (in his study “Democracy in America”) that absolute freedom would make people lonely and desperate. In a sense, social networking universes like Facebook were testing the possibility of introducing a metalevel of behavioral control to limit the absolute freedom enabled by the Web.

I did not expect this level of insight out of him.
>>
>>60876787
What kind of citations would he need for the stuff on his websites? A scientific meassurement lusty of negro attitudes?
>>
>>60877001
He's studied artificial intelligence and writes a lot of shit about politics and whatever. His histories of music should also include a lot of citations.
>>
>>60876995
yeah that's a great quote actually. Probably his second best after

>We never fully wake up.

http://www.scaruffi.com/quotes.html
>>
>>60876923
I'll apply for Stanford
>>
>>60877249
I regret not applying for an exchange at stanford
>>
File: scruff.png (241 KB, 1436x806) Image search: [Google]
scruff.png
241 KB, 1436x806
The first pdf is in comic sans, not kidding.
>>
Restoring the Continuum 2008
Scaruffi, Piero

The Multi-Track Evolution of Mind 2001
Scaruffi, Piero
>>
>>60877385
>>60877353
Same ones I can find.
>>
>>60877385
it also shows some albums and it directs to their wikipedia page
like disco volante
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.