[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IF I COULD JUST LEAVE MY BODY FOR THE NIGHT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 8
File: Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg (123 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg
123 KB, 450x450
IF I COULD JUST LEAVE MY BODY FOR THE NIGHT
>>
File: wwgnsm.png (119 KB, 371x330) Image search: [Google]
wwgnsm.png
119 KB, 371x330
>>
Never heard the album but I'm from Baltimore so I always hear about them. Are they from here or what? Merriweather Post Pavilion is probably one of the cooler venues I've been to so it's cool they named the album after it.
>>
>>60873510
THEN WE COULD BE DANCING
>>
>>60873548
You could've checked yourself but yeah they're from Baltimore.

Listen to MPP, if you want a taste listen to the first 2 songs.
>>
>>60873548
yeah they're all from there.
>>
>>60873548
Yeah. They called the album that because they used to go there as teenagers and loved it.

You should definitely listen to the album. Especially if you have any interest in psychedelic pop music, it's a must.
>>
Blah. Okay album back then, not sure about right now. It sounds remarkably precious.
>>
>>60873612
lmao how pleb can you even be
>>
>>60873624
It's cool. I remember when I would have said the same thing.
>>
>>60873648
>le i remember when i was less mature meme

i've been listening to this album since the leaks and it still holds up in a wide variety of ways. you just have shit taste but thats ok m8
>>
>>60873701
This I must've listened to it 25+ times in it's entirety not counting the songs I just put on because I want to listen to them - I still notice things
>>
>>60873552
NO MORE MISSING YOU WHILE I'M GONE
>>
i love this album but i never got the hype behind this song in particular

i still think daily routine and taste are GOAT tho.
>>
>>60873999
The song is beautiful tbqh, the part where it explodes is by far the best moment in the entire AnCo discography.
>>
>>60873999
Try listening with some high quality headphones.
>>
>>60873999
Daily routine is indeed GOAT

lately Lion in a coma has taken the throne for me for favorite current MPP song

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE
DON'T
LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE
ME
>>
A D O B E S L A B S
D
O
B
E

S
L
A
B
S
>>
>>60875350
F O R M U H G I R L Z
O
R

M
U
H

G
I
R
L
Z
>>
Guys Eyes is the best song, why is it so overlooked
>>
JUST AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
SEC MOOOOORREEEEEEE
IN MYYYYYYYYYYY
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

I do try to ignore how the "slow coda sung by panda" trick from Chores is used again in this song but hey it works well both times
>>
>>60876020

I REALLY WANT TO SHOW HER JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HER

I REALLY NEED TO DO JUST WAHT MY BODY NEEDS NTO

I REALLY NEED TO SHOW HER JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HER

AND I DO
>>
>>60876020
NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER NEED HER
>>
>>60876020
I like the subtle vocal changes throughout, like panda going "need he-er", with the second half dropping a semitone. It's subtle and works very well
>>
>>60874026
>not "RUUUUUUN" from Alvin Row
>>
File: 1449194034618.jpg (71 KB, 920x459) Image search: [Google]
1449194034618.jpg
71 KB, 920x459
>>60873510
DA BADUMDUM DA BADUMDUM DA BADUMDUM DA BADUMDUM DA BADUMDUM DA BADUMDUM

Then we could be dancing no more missing you while I'm gone
>>
>>60876467
I've never got the hype for that bit, I much prefer the "dance" section that ends with "I stay shy" section, Panda's drumming shines there, and it has some of Avey's best synth lines
>>
>>60873510
SPORT BROTHER SPORT BROTHER SPORT BROTHER SPORT BROTHER SPORT BROTHER SPORT BROTHER SPORT BROTHER SPORT BROTHER SUPPORT BROTHER SUPPORT BROTHER SUPPORT BROTHER SUPPORT BROTHER SUPPORT BROTHER SUPPORT BROTHER SUPPORT YOUR BROTHER SUPPORT YOUR BROTHER SUPPORT YOUR BROTHER SUPPORT YOUR BROTHER SUPPORT YOUR BROTHER SUPPORT YOUR BROTHER SUPPORT YOUR BROTHER SUPPORT YOUR BROTHER SPORT
>>
I remember I went to get Ice cream with my ex and at the store they played Summertime Clothes. After that date we broke up. Summertime Clothes still makes me cry.
>>
File: 1449153170172.jpg (49 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1449153170172.jpg
49 KB, 540x540
>>60876567
WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN WE'LL GO OUT AGAIN, WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN WE'LL GO OUT AGAIN, WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN WE'LL GO OUT AGAIN,
>>
>>60873741
>25 times
try 150
>>
The best way to talk about Animal Collective is to pretend you don't really care for MPP, as it is the plebbiest option, even though we all know MPP is objectively their magnum opus.
>>
OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA OPEN UP YA THROAT
>>
File: adobe slabs.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
adobe slabs.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
>>60875350
Adobe slats are a real thing.
>>
>>60876020
the "FUCK"s being dropped in the background of that song are just beautiful
>>
>>60876370
the moment when the NEED HER section releases....oh my god

this entire album is just one 10/10 moment after another
>>
File: tumblr_mn2m9dA9ty1rvu7zlo1_500.gif (1023 KB, 488x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn2m9dA9ty1rvu7zlo1_500.gif
1023 KB, 488x370
VENTURE MY MY INTO THE DARK
WHERE WE CAN SLIP
ONE TAKES ONE BY THE HAAAAAAAND
>>
>>60877924
Errr...what?
>>
Best album of the 2000's?
>>
>>60879222
I can agree with this being the most inspired and original. But best of a decade is desu impossible to call. Besides it was such a good decade, Sufjan released Illinoise that decade
>>
>>60877924
when
>>
Started listening to this again a few months ago for the first time since it came out. Brings back good memories and gets me a little choked up t b h.
>>
>>60879751
same

this album is really nostalgic now, to think it's been 6 years. i still remember when brothersport leaked here and everyone went apeshit for the fucking 128kbps version.
>>
>>60879897
It's crazy to think there are videos on YouTube of them playing Brother Sport and other Merriweather tracks from 2007.

They sat on these songs for a year and a half before it came out. Fucking Domino.
>>
>>60879897
I didn't know about 4chan back then so I was able to enjoy music without wondering if kids on the internet are ruining it. I think this album is one that you can only really appreciate if you can associate it with the era it came out in. The whole psyche-pop buzzband thing peaked with this album and died shortly after. Nobody makes music like this anymore.
>>
BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING
>>
anyone got a link to the amazon clips
>>
>>60880006
>I think this album is one that you can only really appreciate if you can associate it with the era it came out in.

Word. Right now few years after its release there's pretty much no point in listening to it unless you do it to refresh your memories from 2009. It will stay this way until some revival of that style in 2029 or something.
>>
>>60877975
why are they so perfect bros?
>>
>>60880183
this is fucking stupid music never loses it's quality because trends change god dammit how can you be this dumb
>>
>>60880006
that's a shit way of listening to music man because this album would be just as good if it was released this year. in fact, this album would be a great contender for AOTY any year if you really want to make stupid lists
>>
>>60880363
>someone who discovered AnCo post 2k9 detected

stay pleb anon
>>
>>60880402
you were shitting diapers when i first listened to anco kid, try harder ,;^j
>>
>>60880382
definitely wouldn't be as good. sure it sounds the same. but the culture it represents doesn't really exist anymore. it's still enjoyable. but i don't think it's something you can really enjoy to the same extent without understanding the context. just my opinion i guess. i know if i heard it this year or any other it wouldn't have the same impact.
>>
>>60877924
i thought i was the only one that heard that
>>
>>60880363
You heard me. There are albums that operate on human intestines and those are timeless, and then there are albums riding the zeitgeist and those expire quickly regardless of their quality.

MPP belongs to the latter group. It screams 2009, it lives in 2009.
>>
>>60874112
Lion in a Coma the underrated yet best song on mpp
>>
>>60880470
music is not meant to represent culture you stupid faggot

im not bad because its anco you're bashing but because i know that you have this shit opinion and walk around all day thinking this horseshit u fukin plen :^)
>>
>>60880530
idc what music is meant to do. the reality is that this album in particular was a part of a lifestyle that a lot of people lived. it wasn't just something that lads like us memed about online.
>>
>>60880476
> There are albums that operate on human intestines

Fucking kek m8 u should be a comedian

Your point is moot anyway due to the massive amount of music that "sounds" like one period of time but escapes it through continued public interest you troglodyte

>>60880569
tell me right now what lifestyle that is and then you'll have something to corroborate your bullshit
>>
>>60876149
As a man currently dealing with. . .performance issues. . .this line really hits home

Not a good feel bros
>>
>>60880589
well people who were in to that kind of music conformed to a particular aesthetic, they went to certain gigs etc. what i'm talking about is pretty obvious to anyone who remembers that time. for some reason i can't think of anything comparable in the present day. maybe because of the internet. idk. but listening to something like MPP today for the first time, although it might sound good, is simply not the same experience. idc if you disagree.
>>
>>60880692
No you dumbass, you can't think of it because it didn't exist. You're trying to describe, more than likely, a "p4k drone" and I can definitely say that a lot of those p4k kids jumped on AnCo when MPP came out, specially due to My Girls and Brothersport, but AnCo had been around for almost a decade at that point you fuckhead, and SJ gained them a HUGE fanbase at the time. This proves that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about because MPP was HIGHLY anticipated, NOT because it fit a scene but because it was fucking Animal Collective, the guys who made Feels and Strawberry Jam, making a new album. God damn you're dense.

>idc if u agre lol damn im so fukin nihilist and wicked

you're fucking garbage lmao B^)
>>
>>60880744
>you're fucking garbage lmao B^)

that's not a very polite thing to say, is it? :^(
>>
>>60880744
you're probably right about the pitchfork thing. but pitchfork was a completely different thing in 2k9 m9.
>>
>>60880616
do you take opioids
>>
>>60877944
It's actually my only 5/5 on RYM, couldn't agree more
>>
>>60877924
>>60879650
first is at 0:28, they're all throughout the song in between lines

I REALLY WANT TO DO JUST WHAT MY BODY WANTS TO
FUCK
I REALLY WANT TO SHOW TO MY GIRL THAT I WANT HER
FUCK
>>
i always thought the WOO part in brother sport sounds like a sample from donkey kong country
>>
File: mfw anco synths.jpg (22 KB, 657x380) Image search: [Google]
mfw anco synths.jpg
22 KB, 657x380
>>60873510
>IF I COULD JUST LEAVE MY BODY FOR THE NIGHT
>
>>
>>60877975
damn, avey looks like a painting here
>>
>>60883544
Painting With?
>>
>mfw no touring to South America for new album
sucks tbqh
>>
>>60883757
ay
>>
>>60885018

ANCO ON SOUTH AMERICA WHEN

If I get to see Winters Love played live I get to die happily.
>>
>>60885018
was about to post this
why do they call it a worldtour
>>
baby love meee RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

i cum everytime
>>
>>60876370
I WANNA DOOOOOO
JUST WHAAAAAT MY BODY
NEEDS TOOOOO
>>
>>60885018
avey said in a insta comment there were more dates to come
>>
>>60885485
c h i l e
h
i
l
e
>>
>>60880163
gotcha senpai
http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/MJNEBytD/file.html
>>
>>60885485
Pls be in

C O L O M B I A
O
L
O
M
B
I
A
>>
>>60885018
COME
TO
BRASIL
>>
>>60885507
would make me so happy, plus they don't have a really big fan base here, so the show will be smaller :DDDDD
>>
>>60879222
no
>>
>>60885618
chile anco fanclub meet up whem pham
>>
I always listen to that song when the plane's about to take off and I time it so that it takes off right when he says that line.
>>
>>60881404
One of 6 for me. AnCo is definitely my favorite band. Been listening to MPP at least twice a day for month now.
>>
>>60885345
it probably won't happen tho.
They've haven't performed it live in a decade
>>
>>60873510
BERTLE-HERTLE-HERTLE-BERTLE-HERTLE-HERTLE-BERTLE-HERTLE-HERTLE-BERTLE-HERTLE-HERTLE-BERTLE-HERTLE-HERTLE-BERTLE-HERTLE-HERTLE-BERTLE-HERTLE-HERTLE-BERTLE-HERTLE-HERTLE
>>
>>60883139
Dang that actually sounds really nice. Thanks for clueing me in, lad (lol im american i dont say lad)
>>
>>60883139
Not true. It sounds like it, but it's just the start of Avey's background lines "If I could just hold all the thoughts in my head and just keep them for you."

The "If I" part just sounds like fuck.
>>
>>60888281
thanks for that clarification familia
>>
>>60877944
then after that part is over the flutes pick up, then AM I REALLY ALL THE THINGS THAT ARE OUTSIDE OF ME
>>
>JUST
>UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
great album. anyone listened to it while on drugs? srs question
>>
>>60890755
I'm going to do just that soon
Got some shrooms in my possession
>>
>>60891141
id like to know how this goes
>>
Summertime Clothes is objectively the best track on MPP.
>>
>>60890755
listened the first time i did tripped
it was like 3D but with music, hard to explain
tons of sounds and shit that really wasnt there
best song was no more runnin
>>
>name a song FloriDada
>no shows in Florida
>>
>>60876839
Actually, fuck you.
>>
>>60873741
Same desu

That's also the case for any other Animal Collective album. It's just impossible to overplay them.
>>
>>60890706
>SEEEEEEC >MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEE
>>
>>60894545
>IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN MUH
>BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
>>
>>60873510
>mfw haven't seriously posted on /mu/ in ~6.5 years
>decide to see what it's like now in the future, 2016
>see this album
>people are still talking about this album
is this what purgatory is like
>>
>>60894580
objectively the best moment of MPP
>>
>>60894597
Just proves that the album is good and not just a flavor of the month.

>>60894601
So many great moments on MPP though.
It's amazing.
>>
File: 1385990102688.jpg (20 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1385990102688.jpg
20 KB, 512x384
>you willl never hear it for the first time again
>>
The most beautiful rock concert ever broadcast on television aired live last night and you plebs are still busy memeing this album
>>
>>60894612
>p4k dickriding manchildren can't let go of the album that was relevant when they came of age
>proves it's good
wew lad nostalgiacore/10
>>
>>60894648
>everyone loves the album only because some website gave it a good review
This is you.
>>
>>60894668
i was just trolling with the p4k part.

I dunno, MPP depresses me more than anything, i can only project my squandered youth onto the album to be perfectly honest with you my family.
>>
COMFORT COMFORT WHY DO YOU RUN FOR IT?
>>
>>60894687
Why does it depress you? I think it's a very happy album overall.
There is a lot of emotions in it though and I can see how it can be interpreted differently by anyone. It's a great album though.
>>
>>60885018
>tfw they're playing in Paris in April, during the weekend
>not at the Bataclan
Sweet
>>
>>60894733
It is a happy album, but when I say it's a coming of age album, to me it's very much the aural equivalent of that last summer before you go away to college. It's got a really joyful exuberance to it that's really hard to not miss when you look back on it.

This is most likely just a product of the circumstances I listened to it in, though.
>>
Just realised my originally downloaded Fall Be Kind wasn't Fall Be Kind at all and I've been duped for half a decade. Listening to the real thing now, can finally understand the critical acclaim. It's like a direct continuation of MPP.
>>
>>60895223
what was the original then?
>>
>>60895223

Don't know, mostly instrumental synthpop, I'm probably the victim of clever viral marketing.
>>
>>60873510
SO I USE MY MIND
AND I USE MY HAND
AND WATCH WHAT I WANT TO DO
>>
>>60876467
kind of a weak scream desu
>>60876554
this. the "WHEN I STAAAAY SHY" is easily the best.
>>
>>60873510
Listening to this after listening to Floridada just makes me sad that AnCo will never become good again.
>>
>>60895455
>not the beginning of La Rapet
OPEN UP THE DOOR
SEE AN ANGEL AND YOU'LL LOSE YOUR BODY

>>60895529
What are you saying? FloriDada was great.
>>
>>60895588
it wasn't bad but compared to stuff like MPP, SJ, Feels and Sung Tongs it's nothing
>>
>>60894617

i hated it the first time, tbqhf. then i actually sat down and gave it a listen and liked it after.
>>
LET'S
LEAVVVVVEEEE
OUR
BODIES!
>>
>>60887055
Which other ones have you given 5? Yeah mine too
>>
< <

ε ε
>>
>>60895928
MBV - Loveless
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Modest Mouse - LCW
This Heat - Deceit

Pretty mu-core, but all those albums really mean a lot to me.
>>
>>60897708
I guess one of five. Hahaha. My bad.
>>
>>60890755
The first time I heard this I was very stoned, and the climax on In The Flowers really just blew my mind. Like, I had to LITERALLY lay on the floor. It was intense. It's the most impact any music has had on me my whole life.
>>
TO HOLD YOU IN TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>60897736
Good choices!
>>
>>60876839
You're fucking depressing.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.