[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been getting into the grateful dead recently and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1449493926199.12.jpg (467 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449493926199.12.jpg
467 KB, 1920x1080
I've been getting into the grateful dead recently and I love all the songs I've heard. I heard they were best live, what are their essential live albums? are they on spotify? if not I'll find them
>>
>>60873473
Skull and Roses
Europe '72
Live/Dead

You really can't go wrong with these. Good starting places
>>
>>60873596
Thanks, are the songs they play on those albums mostly from their early days? or from everywhere?
>>
>>60873473
>I heard they were best live
Yep. Definitely check out shows from 72, 77, and 89 in addition to the albums listed above. There's a ton on archive.org, but I use relisten.net because it's a much more accessible interface.

>>60873596
>not listing Workingman's Dead or American Beauty
>>
>>60873473
What is the big attraction to the grateful dead?

Are they more pop based or jam-band like
>>
>>60873690
>pop based
Hope you enjoy your (You)
>>
>>60873673
Pretty much all early stuff. There's a good amount of covers thrown in there too, but they always do covers.
Check out a show from the Spring 77 tour also if you want a funkier dead.
>>
>>60873690
I personally like the songwriting and the lyrics. The jam parts and the solos are great too. they were great songwriters that wrote great music about great things
>>
>>60873689
>>not listing Workingman's Dead or American Beauty
I've already listened to these, I asked for their live stuff.
>>
>>60873689
>essential live albums
>>60873690
Good mix of both I suppose.
>>
>>60873747
Skull and Roses isn't live either. The last two albums listed are the only officially released live albums that aren't like, Dick's Picks and all that. Which you should also look into, those are basically the definitive list of best shows.
>>
>>60873717
I've literally never listened to them I'm asking
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.