[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you purposefully listen to bad music? On one hand, listening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: partyhard.gif (3 MB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
partyhard.gif
3 MB, 240x135
Do you purposefully listen to bad music?

On one hand, listening to it will help you understand why people aren't liking it and, if it's the right kind of bad, might give you a good laugh-- or even better, you might actually like it.

But on the other hand, you only have a limited amount of time on this earth, you can only listen to so many albums, so it's probably not wise to spend any of that time listening to bad music. Plus... I mean, it's bad, right? Why would you want to have an unpleasurable experience in the first place?

pic unrelated
>>
I dunno.

Bad is pretty subjective. There are albums that I really love that /mu/ would hate. You'd have to define 'bad' a little better.
>>
>Do you purposefully listen to bad music?

No I never listen to memerap, top 40 pop or indie rock (other than on the radio).
>>
>>60871939
I downloaded and listened to artangels so I could shitpost more effectively about grimes.
>>
File: doing emails.gif (1001 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
doing emails.gif
1001 KB, 500x267
One time i got bored and decided to listen to britney spears first album and it had a track on it called email my heart.
lol

Then i decided to listen to more pop albums, i found the most of them are just two singles and nothing but forgettable filler.
>>
>>60871939
yeah I listened to Kanye once.
>>
>>60871939
listened to young thug at first acknowledging it being bad
this was around the time danny glover dropped, so i went back and listened to his old music, didn't see any real value

i really like what he does now, though
>>
>>60871939
I listen to a lot of Djent and metalcore, there is a lot of shit, but some decent stuff
>>
People on RYM do it all the time. They force themselves to listen to horrid shit like Brokencyde or BoTDF just to get a reviewed favorites. In fact look at all the reviews for these.

https://rateyourmusic.com/charts/bottom/album/all-time

While some actually good albums have just as many ratings but very few reviews. Now me personally? No. I listen to what sounds good to me and a majority of is good.
>>
my taste changes every day, sometimes an album sounds bad, sometimes it sounds good
>>
I don't intentionally listen to bad music, though I have to trawl through a lot of it being a noise/dream pop/shoegaze fan.

>>60872297
GOTTA GET DEM CURVES
>>
>>60871997
Kate Bush my man
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.