[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about outsider music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: CWCHedgeBoysv2.jpg (174 KB, 606x600) Image search: [Google]
CWCHedgeBoysv2.jpg
174 KB, 606x600
What does /mu/ think about outsider music?
>>
File: annoyed.jpg (2 MB, 1350x900) Image search: [Google]
annoyed.jpg
2 MB, 1350x900
>>60870069
>people still make cwc threads
>>
what would you put on his gravestone?
>>
>>60870069
to me it seems like every description of an "outsider music" artist, even positive ones are just patronizing and passive-aggressive

it's like hipsters get an adrenaline rush whenever they see someone with a mental illness they can add to their esoteric music library
>>
Plese post an example, and more sanic
>>
>>60870106
that's how I feel for things like that Daniel johnston documentary and how people borderline fetishcise Syd Barrett, but that's not entirely what outsider music is. Moondog and Jandek make music that is strange and doesn't follow the rules we're used to, so it's outsider. They aren't mentally ill
>>
>>60870137
CWC's music is pretty shit, he just screams his autismo lyrics over songs, he doesn't even use instrumentals.

Here are some solid listens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyhlybViJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTPbcnqPxQ
>>
>>60870069
Outsider music is acceptable if you have to label the type of musician that made it, but it's NOT a genre. If Daniel Johnston was a normie for example his stuff would just be called lo fi indie or singer songwriter. Meanwhile if Kurt Cobain never got famous and just recorded Montage of Heck and died it would almost definitely be called outsider music just because its lo fi and sort of weird music made by a heroin addict
>>
>>60870211
Damn...
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>Wanting to play with your Mario games
>in the year of our lord 2015
>>
>>60870106

are you CWC or some deranged groupie of his?
>>
>>60870308
>CWC
>having any allies in life
CWC is the one true lone wolf of this world. No one (wo)man has ever been so determined in their love quest. He is the one true robot of earth
>>
>>60870180
Totally agree, here.
I actually do like most Jandek (though some I find grating).
>>
I love it, but probably more because my first step into internet culture was Encyclopedia Dramatica. I love reading about spergs and their art.
>>
>>60870306
bigtaims.jpg
>>
File: natterer02.jpg (31 KB, 432x329) Image search: [Google]
natterer02.jpg
31 KB, 432x329
You guys might like August Natterer's drawings, long story short he was a normal guy until one day he had essentially the worst bad trip ever, and spent the second half of his life making drawings depicting said experience in a crazy house
>>
>>60870388
Neat, will look him up
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.