[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the greatest album of all time and why is it Soundtracks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: MI0001904690.jpg (20 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
MI0001904690.jpg
20 KB, 400x395
What is the greatest album of all time and why is it Soundtracks for the blind by Swans?
>>
>>60865255
>why is it Soundtracks for the blind by Swans?
because it's hella fuckin epic
>>
>>60865255
It's Hella epic OP
>>
>>60865274
>>60865304
is this a meme?
>>
>>60865497
Not one that I'm familiar with
>>
>>60865255
Honestly OP, Its hella fucking epic t-b-h
>>
>>60865497
Yes.
>>
>>60865255
it's pretty great honesty but not even the best of the 90's
>>
>>60865255
Am I the only person who enjoys this album but just finds it too long to listen to the majority of the time? Every time I want to listen to it I have to set aside two and a half hours to be able to hear the whole thing interrupted.
>>
>>60865255
It's this or if you reading this its to late
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>60865255
forgot pic
>>60865790
>>
>>60865731
What do you think tops it? I just can't think of anything that is more musically and artistically comprehensive but maybe I have a disproportionate view of the record's enormity because of its runtime
>>
>>60865765
I've listened to it all the way through once. I've attempted more than 10 times.
>>
>>60865765
Nah dawg you're not alone in that. I listen to it a lot anyway cause I have a lot of free time but I feel you
>>
i don't think you can say it's the greatest album of all time. what you can say is that it executed perfectly what it attempted to and genuinely triggers strong and dark emotional reactions. it's brilliant and absolutely devastating but it'd be hard to call it the greatest album of all time just because it's hard to call anything greatest album of all time
>>
>>60865980
Yeah I mean "Greatest album of all time" is pretty hyperbolic but I just feel like it ties such a nice bow on the entirety of the twentieth century in terms of art movements in music that there is an argument to be made for it
>>
>>60865903
I fell asleep twice listening to it last time I tried
volcano woke me up then I fell back asleep and woke up somewhere in disc 2
>>
>>60865765
Yeah. By the time I finish the first disk I'm too tired. I was like that with The Seer for a while, but I've managed that 3 times. I might just start the second disk. Can the second disk be taken on its own?
>>
File: Microphones_glow_pt2.jpg (40 KB, 273x300) Image search: [Google]
Microphones_glow_pt2.jpg
40 KB, 273x300
>>60866274
I put on The glow pt.2 sometimes when I go to bed even though I know I will invariably wake up at the beginning of samurai sword
>>
>>60866342
It's kind of hard to say what will spoil the experience of the record and what won't just because it's so out there and nonsensical to begin with but I don't think there's really anything wrong with listening to it in two different sittings
>>
>>60866364
I've done this with a whole bunch of albums until I realized going to sleep and being awoken from noise or some shit actually makes me not like the music even more.
>>
>>60866891
Sunbather did this to me three fucking times.
>>
>>60866364
im listening to this right now for the first time, why do people pretend to like this shit and by that i mean to say why do people say its the best
>>
>>60867364
It's like Sufjan Stephens but good.
>>
>>60867364
Because it's amazing. How can you not realize that?
>>60867927
not true, by the way
>>
>>60867364
The glow pt.2 is a record that is great for its personality and for its subtlety. It was one of the first album that really made me understand the value of sticking with a single piece of music for a long time. Genuinely one of the most rewarding albums I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.