[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any Swans fans in the know explain to me what they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Swans-To-Be-Kind.jpg (174 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Swans-To-Be-Kind.jpg
174 KB, 1200x1200
Can any Swans fans in the know explain to me what they're are actually about?
>>
you have to be a country music fan to "get" it
>>
Adrenaline
>>
>>60860829
about fuckin ur mind my friend
>>
For early swans, they're intense and visceral. The repetition of themes and cohesiveness between the abstract lyrical content and harsh instrumentation creates a very vivid and interesting listen. I don't like their post rock stuff as much so I don't feel as qualified to comment on that. Maybe another anon can take up the mantle.
>>
Masochism
>>
>>60860829
the sun
>>
>>60861149
who's that?
>>
>>60861653
you
>>
>>60860829
human nature
>>
>>60860829
because they're shit and i like it
>>
Gira wants to make music that feels like a movie, so he creates incredibly long and powerful compositions. I don't believe many of the songs have much lyrical meaning, as most of his lyrics are improvised, but the music itself is meant to suck you in and overwhelm you with atmospheric noise for two+ hours. To truly "get" Swans, however, you need to see them live.
>>
>>60861671
How do you know that?
>>
>>60861069
this 2bh

I slash myself with a massive knife while listening to early Swans, them masturbate with my blood as lube.

People will think I'm joking about this,
but I'm not at all (kind of wish I was, but it feels great)
>>
to me it seems like it's all about our primitive, base, selves and what it means to be an animal (a whirlpool of energy) in the context of a vastly incomprehensible universe around us.
>>
>>60861764
because you're the sun
>>
File: SWANS-Ass.jpg (24 KB, 235x296) Image search: [Google]
SWANS-Ass.jpg
24 KB, 235x296
It's about experiencing music not on an intellectual level but on a visceral physical level. Early Swans especially is about reverting back to some reptile brained state.
>>
>>60861768

That doesn't sound enjoyable to me, but to each his own i guess.
>>
>>60860829
Early days
>an ugly old man and the teenage girl he fucked sing soft and hard songs about literally nothing that go on forever and do about as much as Kid Cudi did with his new album, but with samples from the (by then) former teenage girl's FBI father and some male prostitute and other edgy, meaningless bullshit

Nowadays
>an even uglier old man, now surrounded by hipsters who call themselves "musicians", does the same thing he used to do, but without a woman to stick his manhood in, he wanks endlessly in half-hour songs, all the while shouting "mau mau mau/fuck fuck fuck/your name is fuck/I'm going home" in some sort of chant that hipsters find transcendental
>>
>>60862172
Go to bed Jarboe
>>
>>60862172
/thread
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.