[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who don't think Safer is the best AnCo song
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 490x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 490x327
>there are people who don't think Safer is the best AnCo song
>>
Its not, glad it wasn't on SJ. It doesn't flow well and the vocals are kinda shitty.
>>
is that the strawberry jam b-side

it's pretty ok
>>
Yeah but Alvin Row exists
>>
>there are some people whose opinions differ from yours
>>
Their B-Sides are always the best.
>Fickle Cycle
>On A Plain
>Crimson/Honeycomb/Gotham (all better than many ChZ songs)
>>
>>60853479
I always wish Fickle Cycle replaced Turn Into Something on Feels
>>
File: flesh canoe.png (61 KB, 356x452) Image search: [Google]
flesh canoe.png
61 KB, 356x452
>>60853280
Good lyricism, Like the latter half more, but there are a lot of moments that sort of make me cringe. Totally get why they left it off the album. It's like a cross between Banshee Beat and the first part of Kekoo Kekoo, but not as good as either imo. I can see why people that like it really like it though, because it's pretty distinct. Also, I feel like this is another song about his homoerotic relationship with panda, but that whole thing is speculative.
>>
I'M ALRIGHT
I'M ALRIGHT
I'M ALRIIIGHTTTTTTT
>>
>>60853556
where is this from??
>>
>>60853547
People always say that Feels is like a rock version of Sung Tongs, but Fickle Cycle is pretty much the only version that really sounds like it could almost be on either album.
>>
>>60853613
An interview lol. I wish I could see video from it. I don't have much information on it.
>>
>>60853556
>>60853613
>>60853671
I'm p sure its fake, I have no proof but neither do people who assure its real. I can't really picture that happening in an interview
>>
>>60853671
lol but where is the interview from? i can't find it
>>
>>60853703
it's real https://books.google.com/books?id=gCoEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA30&lpg=PA30&dq=%22lennox+perks+up,+his+eyes+bulging+out%22&source=bl&ots=0HP8mpkLfO&sig=4iD3pn1sgNgVtD6ezdbXvOtKZ9Y&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjNmrWd88fJAhUDrD4KHYzWD2oQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q&f=false
>>
>>60853703
I don't think so.

>>60853613
Found the source.

https://books.google.com/books?id=gCoEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA30&lpg=PA30&dq=%E2%80%98%E2%80%9CFor+instance%E2%80%9D+says+Portner,+%E2%80%9Cto+me+the+song+%27Flesh+Canoe%E2%80%99+is+about+my+relationship+with+Noah+at+a+certain+time%E2%80%9D+Lennox+perks+up,+his+eyes+bulging+out.&source=bl&ots=0HP8mpkMbR&sig=jNsbeLFLY1apM6FOWwuInvui6lg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDv6i788fJAhWF5CYKHZBnBLwQ6AEIKjAC#v=onepage&q=%E2%80%98%E2%80%9CFor%20instance%E2%80%9D%20says%20Portner%2C%20%E2%80%9Cto%20me%20the%20song%20'Flesh%20Canoe%E2%80%99%20is%20about%20my%20relationship%20with%20Noah%20at%20a%20certain%20time%E2%80%9D%20Lennox%20perks%20up%2C%20his%20eyes%20bulging%20out.&f=false
>>
>there are legitimately people who call themselves AnCo fans and don't think The Purple Bottle is their best song
>>
>>60853794
Don't much care for the Stevie Wonder section. The backing vocals sound like they recorded about ten takes and threw heavy reverb on them, makes it sound pretty dull imo. Still a great song though, especially the ending.
>>
>>60853794
it is probably their best song
>>
>>60853374
I think the first like two minutes are fantastic, best part of the entire album. The rest is still good, but if those first two minutes weren't there it wouldn't be any better than anything else on the album.
>>
>>60853547
I fucking love turn into something that song is special to me
>>
>>60854885
disagree desu
best part is definitely
>RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
>>
Disclaimer: Haven't listened to STGSTV yet

Their best song is Pride and Fight
>>
>>60853479
Holy shit i forgot fickle cycle existed, I had to replace my anco discog. Thank you for reminding me of this gem.
>>
>No one here mentions baby day
I can't wait until I have a pregnant wife go into labor so I can just play that in my head the whole time.
>>
>>60855748
Pride and Fight is top 3 for sure, but queen in my Pictures/Doggy is better
>>
I never liked Safer. That overdramatic piano sample loop and weird beat poetry type delivery is odd, though I like the screaming a lot. The second section is better but there's no need for it to go on for as long as it does.

Then again, I wouldn't trust my opinions about AnCo too much, as my favorite song is Covered in Frogs, so. lol.
>>
>>60857454
Covered in frogs covered in frogs covered in frogs covered in frogs untiiil there isn't any waaaater untiiil there isn't any waaater
>>
>>60857454
SOMETIMES I DON'T WANNA KISS YOU,
DON'T MEAN I DON'T LIKE TO KISS YOU,
JUST MEANS THESE LIPS ARE MINNNNNNE
>>
AnCo hasn't released anything good since "Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished"
>>
>>60857632
Panda and Avey's chemistry is just so off the charts on that song. They're so in sync.

>>60857654
I don't think I've actually ever paid attention to the lyrics for that track.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.