[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pedals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
What kind of distortion pedal does /mu/ think i should get
>>
>not using superior creamy amp distortion
>>
ProCo RAT
>>
>>60851620
proco rat (the old one with the old chip, cant remember the name)
a bunch of EQ pedals
a tube amp

and you need to take your speakers out, and "pay tribute to them" to get that "creamy" sound.
>>
>>60851620
Alot of DS-1's in a chain
>>
>>60851620
You are a beginner, so you should probably stick to a DS-1
>>
I have a ST-2 Power Stack , I like it. My amp is a shitty ibanez one, though. Next pedals are going to be a wah and an eq. And maybe a fuzz or drive for my bass.
>>
its all about what you play and what kind of sound you want. just read reviews and listen to demos and try to play some like any other self-respecting player. dont listen to retards on /mu/.
>>
File: 1447566763489.png (60 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1447566763489.png
60 KB, 1366x768
>>60851729
this pic is everything whats wrong with rockism
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 792x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 792x714
DS-1 is great as long as it's the original Japanese one.

Pic related is my main distortion.
>>
File: MI0003120732_full.jpg (181 KB, 1080x781) Image search: [Google]
MI0003120732_full.jpg
181 KB, 1080x781
>>60851967
?
>>
>>60851967
It's just a bunch of ugly dudes. Lemmy ain't even a rockist, he's an "all music is cool" kind of guy.1
>>
>>60851620
It really doesn't matter. The Boss one in the pic is fine.

Get distortion, reverb, delay, and MAYBE phaser pedals and that's all you will ever need. Everything else is overkill to be quite honest family.
>>
>>60852094
What if you want to play something like map of the problematique?
>>
File: qt flytrap.gif (2 MB, 448x295) Image search: [Google]
qt flytrap.gif
2 MB, 448x295
Honestly, when I did still play electric guitar out for things in high school, I could get some seriously nice sounds out of this bad boy alone. I regret never picking up a pedal for it.

Distortion was always clear and crisp.
>>
>>60852114
Get a computer and get Guitar Rig. It's been awhile since I was into Muse but I think for Map of the Problematique he wasn't using a guitar pedal to generate that sound, he was using a Korg Kaossilator or something. You can download a patch to get that sound in Guitar Rig.
>>
>>60852159
Oops. Wrong pic

I think a better question is what WAH pedal are you guys using?
>>
What pedal should I get for my bass first, a compressor or a fuzz? It makes this awful noise when played with high treble, high volumes or if played with strength. Will a compressor fix this?
>>
>>60851620
If you just want overdrive, go for Electro Harmonix Hot Tubes. If you want blues drive, try EH Soul Food. If you want crunchy rock distortion go for Jeckyl and Hyde by Visual Sound. If you want fuzz, you HAVE to go with the Moog Minifooger.
>>
>>60851967
What? Just the way they look? Not enough specs, wrist watches, or flannel for ya?
>>
File: Palisades_(1).jpg (206 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Palisades_(1).jpg
206 KB, 600x600
i just got this on sale and it's pretty dope
>>
just got a MXR Distortion 3, is it a meme fx pedal?
>>
>>60851719
Or you know, they could spend their money well
>>
>>60851729
Aint that some crappy digital shit?
>>
>>60852184
Wah is overrated and crappy sounding (otherwise morley power wah)
>>
>>60852294
What kind of noise? Shouldn't need something to fix it because it shouldnt really be making weird noises
>>
Whats the most important part of not having a shitty sound?
strings, guitar, pedal, amp or cab?

IE will a good amp make a shit guitar sound better or the other way around
>>
>>60852818
The most important is the fingers. But it's better to have an ok guitar and good amp for sound than good guitar and ok amp. But if you have one shit it will sound shit no matter what
>>
>choosing distortion over fuzz

The true sign of a pleb.
>>
>>60853020
>not realizing each style needs something a little different
Do you think The Strokes would work with fuzz or Built To Spill with fuzz
>>
Get some splitters and place identical copies of the same pedal in parallel with each other, and with slightly different settings.
>>
>>60851620
>>60851719
Ah DS-1, my first pedal.

It was only really useful to me when I turned everything up.

>>60851718
>Alot of DS-1's in a chain

What does this sound like? I want to try it. They make a LOT of signal noise on their own.

>>60852612
How does it work? I want to try one.
>>
>>60853020
>An actual person is this retarded
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.