[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he really the true genius behind Spiderland?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
Was he really the true genius behind Spiderland?
>>
The absolute madman!
>>
Nice b8
>>
>>60847491
He wasn't involved with Spiderland though
>>
>>60847514
Daily reminder that you need to kill yourself
>>
File: 1449270025318.jpg (7 KB, 282x188) Image search: [Google]
1449270025318.jpg
7 KB, 282x188
>implying spiderland was genius
>>
Apparently you just need to use his studio whether or not he's even there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7KlAI30Ro

of course sandford parker isn't just some hobo off the street but you be the judge.
>>
>>60847546
Woah rude!
>>
>>60847528
well yeah I know he isn't really a producer in the normal sense (he calls himself an engineer) since he just lets the band play to get their "natural" sound, but in a way that's why Spiderland turned out so perfect
>>
>>60847805
not the guy you replied to, but he's right, pretty sure Albini only produced Tweez
>>
My boss says that Albini recorded an album for his band a long time ago but I can't find Shit on my bosses former and recent bands. Still neat though
>>
>>60847841
what bands
>>
>>60847546
Woah rude!
>>
>>60847845

His old band were called The Imposters and his current band The Down Five.

I can't find shit on him. Other than a Talking Heads tribute album on Discogs.
>>
>Today, Slint's guitarist, David Pajo, remembers hearing the same thing firsthand, in Albini's house. "He said: 'I don't think you guys will ever get big, but you'll be really influential. I was thinking: 'You're fucking crazy.'"
>In fact, although it sold fewer than 5,000 copies at the time, Spiderland did become a landmark, one that invented an entire genre – post-rock. Generations have grown up in awe of its shifting landscapes, sinister narratives and intangible, dark power, and Slint have become modern rock's Velvet Underground: a band who created a ripple that kept spreading, influencing bands from Mogwai to Sigur Rós.
Is Albini a god ?
>>
>>60847944
slint is blessed by albini's foresight
POTTER POTTE POTTERY
>>
>>60847491
well he wasn't involved in the production of spiderland at all, and even if he was, he doesn't alter the sound of the band beyond his recording techniques
though you could argue slint had a lot of influence from his music even then your statement is extreme exaggeration
>>
>>60847841
Well, Albini is known for producing for anybody, so he's obviously produced a bunch of albums for no name bands like your boss that wouldn't have information on them
>>
>>60847805
Triggered
>>
>>60847944
Do you even realise how many times that exact sentence has been said by so many different people to so many different bands?

I'd bet Albini himself said it and was wrong dozens of times.
>>
bumping albino thread.

oh btw FUN FACT: he fucked courtney love and kim deal.
>>
but steve albino only recorded tweez
>>
>>60847491
He was the genius behind Pixies. He also helped make Newsom tolerable.
>>
>>60847944
>"invented" post-rock
>three years after Spirit of Eden
>>
>>60847491
is that a real nyfe?
>>
>>60847491
He's the Brian Eno of indie music. A talented producer but a mediocre musician.
>>
>>60850057
How the fuck is Eno a mediocre musician? His 70s stuff is some of the greatest stuff ever recorded
>>
>>60850057
Wow, imagine how many all-time classic albums Eno could have written if only he were decent
>>
>>60850095
suggesting his work for windows didn't shape the future of blip bloop
>>
>>60850057
>mediocre musician.
>albino

pick only one.

who else has invented his own guitar playing and sound? no one sounds like him and the riffs are highly creative.
>>
>>60849760
I could believe Kim Deal but no way Courtney
>>
>>60849760
Wow that must've sucked
>>
>>60847491
This meme must end.
Brian Paulson worked very closely with the band to (which used really shitty equipment, and whose style was still raw and unpolished) to meet deadlines and came up with a clear and accurate production that turned out essential for their sound. Y'all should give him all the credit he deserves for that.
>>
>>60847805
i love this meme :))
>>
>>60847632
he did a great job building it so that it sounded great, that makes perfect sense anon.
>>
>>60850057
>Eno
>mediocre at anything
>>
>>60850057
but his best things are the ones he's involved in
>>
Atomizer is better.
>>
woah did he really stab himself?
>>
>>60853192
That part of the mouth is just empty flesh, it doesn't hurt and the body fixes the damage.
>>
>>60847491

stop posting this picture baka senpai
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.