[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
similar to this? Lost kind of feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: a4099353330_10[1].jpg (727 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a4099353330_10[1].jpg
727 KB, 1200x1200
similar to this? Lost kind of feel?
>>
>>60845539
more sampled and bit darker, but still great vaporwave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYq9T3ot5g4
>>
>>60845712
good, but im not in the mood to enjoy something that dark, currently on opiates and wanna get lost
>>
>>60845539
I keep listening to the first track of this song because it conveys this feeling I know I'm going to have at some point in my life

>tfw finally get to explore some beautiful Asian metropolis like I've wanted to for my entire life but discover that I'm still confused, alone, and detached from all the life flowing around me so I just wander the streets hoping to find something I know I won't find
>>
>>60845539
Love 2814, listen to this for a happy trip
https://juche.bandcamp.com/album/juche
>>
>>60845539
Monolake - Hong Kong is literally this but without the vaporwave influence and a bit older.
>>
I don't get why everyone keep saying it's vaporwave.
It's not.
That said, I love this album.
>>
>>60846930
It is vaporwave and for a simple, obvious reason: artists tagged it so themselves.
>>
https://legowelt.bandcamp.com/album/rising-sun-systems-oberheim-space

Bandcamp would only let me listen to a certain number of songs, but what I heard so far was spacious and otherworldly.
>>
>>60846984
If I make an ambient album and call it brutal technical death metal is it a brutal tech death album?
>>
File: a2925914417_16.jpg (113 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a2925914417_16.jpg
113 KB, 700x700
>>60848239
forgot to upload album art
>>
>>60848251
if instead of ambient, it was something closer to brutal tech death to the point where the two genres are so similar that fusion is seamless and you released on a purely brutal tech death label then yeah people would probably consider it brutal tech death
>>
>>60848251
yeah
>>
>>60848296
Well thats pretty unlikely for the genres that I mentioned but I see your point regarding Vaporwave/Ambient
>>60848301
You're a retard
>>
>>60848251
if a band that plays desert voodoo rock does a concert at a theater where there's a "terror attack", is it a death metal concert just because they're called eagles of death metal?
>>
>>60845539
That album is nothing but Tim Hecker - Radio Amor with a more "romantic" and "light" feel.
>>
>>60849049
>not enjoying that people can slightly improve old albums for the enjoyment of new audiences
Hell, it's not like we're paying anything for vaporwave
>>
LOLING AT THIS THREAD

>2012
>guy create a thread where we would decide how some sub-genre would be and would try to make like if it already exist
>people post idea
>a guy post genre characteristics with also themes and how to dress
>people follow his templeta
>metro-ko is posted following his template
>people agrree to do metro ko
>people start to make songs. quickly (in less than a day) people start to focus more on the themes without caring at all about how the description said metro-ko SOUNDED like, so their characteristics).
>after one or more days new people joined the threads and asked how it was
>people posted only the theme mostly, and sometimes when someone asked how someone should do the songs they said "just focus on the themes"
>more days pass, but its less than a week later
>few guys complain about the quality of the songs, saying we should have just one thread per day to avoid people the guys rushing to do songs just to show on the thread, and with it make shitty songs
>many agree
>i think "this will die and quick"
>new threads appear and guys are told about the week rule
>new week arrives and thread is made and people post on it
>metro-ko dies after this specific week
>" '/pol/' was right again"
>this thread is made
>metro-ko became so dead no one remembers it, just one guy posting a juche album
>>
>>60849908
tldr
>>
>>60849926
there is nothing I can do about it
>>
>>60849362
I like both albums and I wouldn't necessarily pick one over the other. I think it's pretty great we have both.

I'm not sure how radio amor isn't romantic though, it's a really easy record to lose yourself in.
>>
>>60850367
I think he was saying its MORE romantic, and MORE light

Its like a lot of vaporwave, they accentuate certain aspects that were already there, it's not merely slowed down and chopped up samples (well at least not the good stuff)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.