[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This would be 10/10 if How Much a Dollar Cost and Blacker the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
This would be 10/10 if How Much a Dollar Cost and Blacker the Berry were removed and he used the non-live version of i.
>>
Those are literally the best three songs dum dum
>>
The album is already as close to perfect as an album can be. why change it?
>>
>>60845337
literally the two best songs on the album and the live version of I is god-tier
>>
>>60845337
nigga the single version of i is such ass
>>
WE
WAZ
KINGZ
EN
QUEENS
MUHFUGGA
the album
>>
>>60845337
non-live version of i wouldn't fit, it's too slick and commercial

Blacker the Berry is the emotional climax of the whole album so that needs to stay on and How Much a Dollar Cost is still good even if it has a shit hook

I'd remove i if I had to remove a track, the actual "song" portion is too short and the speech/freestyle is just a rehash of what he's already said throughout the album
>>
File: king kunta.jpg (65 KB, 309x400) Image search: [Google]
king kunta.jpg
65 KB, 309x400
>>60845389
Me btw
>>
>>60845337
waaat you crazy
>>
I agree w OP

Dollar is cliche af, Berry is a "race realist" anthem
>>
>>60845337
Nah, I think Mortal Man is the only really unecessary song, and the Tupac interview is fucking corny.

How Much A Dolla Cost is a great concept but the execution could have been better

No problem with Blacker the Berry or i, I think i in its current form would have been a much better end than Mortal Man. The transition from catchy rap to spoken word to talking to the audience is a nice conceptual fade out.
>>
File: 1417922857684.png (169 KB, 335x393) Image search: [Google]
1417922857684.png
169 KB, 335x393
Are you high?
>>
ITT: OP posts shit opinions
>>
>>60845337
this album would be a 10/10 if it didnt even fucking exist
>>
>>60845337
'I' is absolute fucking trash and should not be. Otherwise, it's an ok album. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
Kendrick always makes the last song more of a tack-on bonus track than a true finale. Same with Compton, same with HiiiPower (which is a great song but doesn't really feel like a finale at all). Same with Mortal Man. It's about your heroes being regular people and not gods, whether it's that time people thought MJ might have been a molestor, Tupac being convicted of rape, or all those political leaders being flawed cults of personality. Given how legacy-obsessed his latest songs have been, I think the concept for his next album or his J Cole collab might be about legacy and hero worship. If TPAB is his Invisible Man, his next might be his The Anxiety of Influence.

With that said, How Much a Dollar Cost is pretty meh as far as the album goes. It's a Facebook "share if you love God ignore for the devil" post in song form. His rapping and the best are both great and save the song but the concept is as cringeworthily hamfisted as God's Not Dead.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.